5.0 out of 5 stars This is the bible for people who were children of the seventies and eighties
TV Cream toys has a surprise in store for everyone. If you think you remember all the toys you had or wanted as a kid, this book guarantees to show you one you'd forgotten about for over a decade. Thats the magic of it. For me the 'Purple People Eater' and the 'Merit Chemistry Set' struck a chord of joy. It's cool, its beautifully designed and bloody funny.
Published on 25 Jan. 2008 by Mr. A. Peters

3.0 out of 5 stars Call me old fashioned but...
Whilst this book is fun to flick through I found the wording really unnecessary, especially as I was flicking through it with my 7 year old nephew who is very good at reading!

Heading under Speak & Spell - remedial alphabet tutor

Sorry! Ludo for bastards.

Barbie. The whore next door
Published on 16 July 2011 by world cyclist

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to say if leaving out pictures is an issue, 30 Dec. 2014
This review is from: TV Cream Toys Lite: Presents You Pestered Your Parents for (Kindle Edition)
read through about half of it so far books quite funny in places, large range of toys written about with quite a few i'd wanted, and probably been disappointed by like computer battleship seems to have been more pain in the ass than the standard version I had

lack of pictures... hard to tell if that is a problem, some of the rating images contain pictures of toys but I can't say what other images are actually missing in this kindle edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Memories, 13 Sept. 2013
Phill Mckenzie (Stourport on Severn) - See all my reviews
Very interested book, loads to jog your memory about a lot of forgotten toys and even some you may not remember or heard of

4.0 out of 5 stars Ah, to be a kid again., 27 Feb. 2015
Loved flicking back through my youth. Had a fair number of these gems. Great memories, great days, great toys, great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars TV Cream Toys - highly recommend!, 10 July 2011
I had great fun reading this book. Took me right back to my childhood and loved every minute of it. Some of them i'd completely forgotten about and some I remember like it was yesterday! Either way, it was worth every penny and I had such a laugh revisiting all those toys that I always wanted (but never managed to persuade the folks to get me..) Highly recommended for all those wanting a hugely entertaining trip down memory lane :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly suprised, 19 Nov. 2011
I ordered this despite it said Paperback in the description. How surprised and happy i was to find that actually it is in fact hardback book. For me that just added to it. I'm suppose to be giving it as a gift. but i think i might just have to have one more good look through before i wrap it up. can't wait to seeher face when she opens it, and we stroll down memory lane together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trip down memory lane...., 23 May 2013
Take a trip down memory lane with all the toys that you wanted, some of those that you had and the ones that you don't remember forgetting!

Written with a sense of humour, in jokes and some interesting facts about the toys that you had growing up this book gives an overview of many of the toys you had or wanted as a child. Definitely worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dip into the past, 23 May 2013
Most of the book contain toys that I lusted after as a child [not the girl stuff!].
Some them still draw me and if I saw them at a boot sale of junk shop I would be tempted to buy.
Lots of useful facts and figures that gave me moments of 'fancy that' and 'I didn’t know that'.
If you are a child of the 60's or 70' this will delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars TV Cream's Toys: Presents You Pestered Your Parents for, 23 April 2008
It's brilliant. Many of the toys I had as a kid and plenty of the ones I wanted and never got are all here in one great book. Easy to read and often amusing. Dissapointing review of Super Flight Deck (my alltime fave toy) but not as scathing as James May's view of the same item in his Top Toys TV show from Xmas 2006.

Go and buy this book now!

5.0 out of 5 stars What about Popoids?, 9 July 2011
I bought this on first publication, and it's a perfect coffee-table book, spanning eras of toys that will be creamy to wide age-ranges. The evocative images are one thing, but discounting those you've got with a great read in the traditional TV Cream "house-style" - knowledgeable, yet irreverent.

Definitely worth a buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sample only - amusing, fun, but slightly clichéd., 25 Sept. 2011
I didn't have very high hopes for this, expecting it to be like one of those Channel 4 "100 greatest something or other" programmes, but it was actually a bit better than that. In the few pages that make up the sample, I found one or two 'laugh out loud' moments and generally, it was well-written and perfectly enjoyable.