5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as you expect
Published on 21 Nov 2006 by Mr. Hywel Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars It's the Sunday Times Stupid...
To a large degree there's no sense in reviewing this book as everybody in the UK knows who Jeremy Clarkson is and what he's got to say. Like marmite you already know if you love him or hate him. I do like him but I'd only give this book three stars because it's not really a book. Instead, it's a collection of edited newspaper columns from a couple of years ago...
Published on 27 Aug 2005 by briantjes

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as you expect, 21 Nov 2006
My girlfriend bought me this book as she knew I'm a big Clarkson fan. I read it over one train journey and I thought it was fantastic. If you enjoy clarkson on tv then you'll love the book. As you would expect he is straight to the point whilst being humourous. I have to admit to agreeing with him completely in his views. (well with the exception of his slating of cricket.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 5 Sep 2006
Not being into cars I wasn't sure what I'd make of this. However once started I found it to be a hilarious read and I ended up finishing this in record time whilst on holiday. Many of the stories made me laugh out loud (much to the annoyance of my children). I'm now working my way though the rest of his publications. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's like Marmite - you either love him or hate him, 29 Aug 2004
J. Wood (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
..and I'm pleased to say I think he's fantastic. Clarkson is one of those columnists who will actually make you laugh out loud virtually everytime, regardless of the subject. His articles often twist and turn but the next smile or laugh is never far away.
This book is especially great for people that that find it hard to get the time to sit down and read a book. Basically, it's a huge collection of his articles that are roughly two or three pages long each, so you can pick it up and put it down as much as you like.

5.0 out of 5 stars That funny guy from Top Gear, 27 Aug 2006
Alex Hawke - See all my reviews
This book contains articles from the Times written by the incredibly insensitive, ironic and distasteful but brilliant Jeremy Clarkson who features in BBC2's Top Gear. I loved this book for the reason that Clarkson portrays everything he talks about in an unreal, yet incredibly addictive way. But I do believe you must at least have watched an episode of Top Gear or seen Clarkson in action, because if you haven't then the way he talks and writes won't come through so clearly.

Also if you have never liked Clarkson then you should probably stay away from this book because it will probably just increase your dislike for him.

He is outspoken in a not very politically correct way, but often true; if not in a very negative and tongue in cheek way. I think that you will enjoy this book and find yourself agreeing with a lot of the things that he writes. It's a good holiday read.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the muts nuts, 25 Feb 2006
The master at his very best. Laugh a minute entertainment. You'll keep reading it over and over again - and still laugh even though you know what's coming. Brilliant !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 10 Nov 2005
To summarise the content, the book is made up of articles with Jeremy Clarkson has written over the last couple of years, each discussing another area of his experiences.
I found this book really versitile. If you want you can sit down and read it straight, however I thought that its much better to have a flick through and read the articles that catch your eye. Clarkson's anecdotes are very funny and I was often caught laughing out loud to my embarressment. Even though he is a very strong tory, some of his views are hilarious, I recommend this to anyone who is looking for some light-hearted enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!!!, 23 Sep 2005
I took this book on holiday with my and I could not put it down. I laughed out loud at it so many times. Its now making its way round friends and family who are finding it just as funny. I loved this book, Clarksons whitty quips have you chuckling on every page. Its an insightful veiw of Clarksons world.
The guy is a genius.
If its humor you want buy this book, read it, then share it.
I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this book., 13 Mar 2006
You can't help laughing when you read this book, helped in some part by being able to hear him in your head as you read, but some of the subject matter is so funny it's almost not amusing, it's really quite serious stuff he is dealing with in some cases. I love this man's attitude and the way he writes. I can't advise people strongly enough to buy this book, even if only to unite those of us with common sense. If you ever look at the world and keep asking yourself "is it just me?" reading this book will reassure you that you are not alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, very funny, 23 Feb 2006
By A Customer
This book is brilliant! So many people degrade Jeremy for various reasons, but he is simply just extreamly funny. His writing is elequent and witty with a cynical sarcasm that is simply unbeatable. Truely a great writer with an incredible ability to express himself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull reading, 6 Nov 2006
Dnistran Liviu (Vatra Dornei, Romania) - See all my reviews
I like Clarkson's syle, so I wanted to see what he's on about in his book. So I bought it but I didn't expect to find what I found. He has a special way of writing that I haven't seen anywhere. I found myself agreeing with most of his ideas, but mainly I found myself laughing at the solutions he brings to the day-to-day problems that one could encounter. It is undoubtedly a great book and a great laugh and it will make you read it as quickly as possible.

The World According to Clarkson