5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic reading
This is a follow on from the Dying Game and I could not put this book down. It was better than the dying game, I found myself getting very attached to the characters. Although you can't wait to finish it , on the other hand you don't want it to end as it is so good. I have read all of this authors books and would recommend every one.
Published on 5 Oct. 2008 by Ms. T. A. Witney

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the worst crime book I've ever read!
The premise is great, the execution appalling.

Published on 9 Oct. 2008 by oohmercyme

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the worst crime book I've ever read!, 9 Oct. 2008
This review is from: The Murder Game (Paperback)
The premise is great, the execution appalling.

Barton starts with a great storyline, a madman abducting women, then "hunting" them on his vast estate for several weeks before finally killing them; all the makings of a terrifying book. However, Barton fails to make use of this idea and the book is slow-moving, the conversations stunted, characters boring, and it is entirely predictable. I found myself just skimming the pages to get to the end (I can never just "not" finish a book, even if it's bad).

To add insult to injury, this particular printing was full of typos, at least 6 in the first 50 pages and several dozen in the book. (Not just spelling mistakes, but also mistakes such as "Five out of four women were abducted". Five out of four?) Obviously there is little regard for the reader from this publisher.

This book was enough to put me completely off Barton.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good idea poorly executed, 4 Nov. 2008
This review is from: The Murder Game (Paperback)
This book start off promisingly, but soon degenerates into a cliched mess. The sex scenes are completely cringeworthy and are basically just padding. The dialogue is atrocious, and the psychic psychiatrist a ridiculous distraction. I'm so glad this was a quick read, I certainly wouldn't waste more than an hour of my life on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic reading, 5 Oct. 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 30 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Murder Game (Paperback)
I started reading this book and couldn't put it down. I love a book that starts of with action straight away and this gripped me from the beginning. this was the first Beverly Barton book I have read, I enjoyed it so much I will be buying more of her books I just hope the others are as good as this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars compelling reading., 10 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Murder Game (Griffin Powell Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
after reading the dying game which cost nothing, i couldn't wait to read the next book the murder game. well written and hard to put down. a brilliant concept for serial killing. you must read both books.

1.0 out of 5 stars A serial killer novel..., 11 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Murder Game (Griffin Powell Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
...for people who have NEVER read a book about serial killers. A lot of the stuff in this book would have been considered silly and hackneyed back in the late 80s when Silence of the Lambs first came out. The writer seems to think she has a memorable character for the killer but he's so clichéd it's almost a parody.

The book also has a bizarrely unlike-able "heroine" who's also supposed to be something special but is instead a male hating caricature/head-case.

I've not read any other Barton novels, so I don't know if this is a one-off misfire, but this book is BAD.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was totally 'Booked', 25 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Murder Game (Griffin Powell Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
This is the sequel to 'The Dying Game'. I had purchased this as a Kindle book, as a 'try it and see' read. it was brilliant and left you at the end thinking 'there has to be more', due to the nature of the writing(trying not to give anything away), so i checked out the back of the book and discovered "the Murder Game' was what i was looking for. Ordered it, received it immediately(Kindle's great for that) and refused to get my nose out of it, who needs food anyway?! Please read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Murder Game (Griffin Powell Book 8) (Kindle Edition)
This was my first Beverly Barton book, and I cant wait to read more of her books. They are an easy read, but each time I finished a chapter I wanted to read more. A bit blood thirsty, but kept me reading. I really enjoyed this book, and the chemistry between Nic & Griff added a little spark of romance to the thrilling tale. Perhaps one more for the girls, as the boys may feel it a little romantic in places.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good story line but, 1 Oct. 2008
This review is from: The Murder Game (Paperback)
You feel you have read this or something similar before. The story line is good and does make you keep turning the pages. I really enjoyed it and didn't want to put it down but some better proof reading would have been good and the romance side of it was a little bit corny but a good read nonetheless. Hadn't read any of Beverley's books before but will again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant Book, 3 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Murder Game (Paperback)
You must read The Dying Game before this. They are both great books. This had me where I couldn't put it down. Its a great suspense thriller with a good twist and brill ending. Beverley Barton is now my very favourite author ever. Thanks for writing such great books. A must read.

The Murder Game (Griffin Powell Book 8)