Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 12 August 2001
I really liked this book because it was different from any book I had read before. The story was set out into chapters of the different characters experiences, and I think a lot of kids can relate to this if they`ve had step-parents that are not that nice. I thought the story of the young boy who had the horrible stepfather was a great way to start the story. The best bit was the athmosphere that was portrayed at the beginning of the story to give an eerie and haunted feeling to the old house. I love Anne Fine`s books, and can`t wait to read another!
on 15 October 2013
Brilliant, I could not put it down. Really good book. Anne fine is a fantastic author. I recommend this book.
on 4 December 2011
Tried everywhere to get this book for my Grand-daughter - no luck! Should have tried Amazon first! Great price, two day delivery - one very happy Grand-daughter.
on 20 May 2013
loved this book and read it several times :) i think she is a very good author and would buy more books from her
on 13 March 2004
I read this book from cover to cover in one night. I have been in a step family as a child and as a parent, and could relate to the stories told. I think Anne Fine has captured the true feelings of stepfamilies and to show that not everyone likes everyone when you are thrown together. A book for every step family
on 13 March 2001
Pixie, Robbo, Claudia, Colin and Ralph are thrown together for the night in a dark, spooky castle. As well as uncovering the story of Richard Harwick from his diary, they uncover their own stories, with a fair share of happy endings. Good, particularly for people who enjoy books with a twist!
on 2 December 2015
Reading it to my children at school. They laugh out loud but it also stimulates thoughtful discussion.
on 14 July 2004
When the children got to the haunted house the wind went wild.When the thunder rippled through the sky the hands of Mr Plumley started shake so he couldent see the map.The five pupils from Stragfine school stood anxiously in the room.The childrens teath chatering in the cold night in a house.
I like the bit were wind howled and the 5 children rose to there feet because they thought the wind was a ghost.
I would recomend this book to people under 12.
on 1 April 2010
ordering and delivery process was very smooth. I ordered 13 copies of this book but 2 diffferent editions arrived. I really needed all the same edition, the most recent.
on 16 May 1999
Another excellent book by Anne Fine. Has lots to say to step children, step parents and anyone else who reads it. Definitely made me think. Very dramatic.