4.0 out of 5 stars Baby Names
A very good book overall, but a lot of the names are so way-out I can't imagine anyone using them!!
Published on 3 Aug 2010 by Margaretelam

2.0 out of 5 stars An awful lot of made up names!
A great idea but I found it has an awful lot of made-up & silly names in, it also has every possible spelling of more traditional names meaning the '5,000 names' are probably more like '4,500 stupid / made up / alternatively spelt names & 450 you may consider okay, and 50 you may consider using...'
Published on 8 July 2011 by Miss Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 May 2013
A great book of names, you are sure to find the perfect name in this book. Prob the best book so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Came in useful, 23 Nov 2011
When we were expecting our baby I would flick through this most nights looking at names. I am glad I bought it however it is not particularly necessary as there are a lot of websites that have baby names.

The book has very clear text & has a variety of names. It has already been passed along to my sister in law for her child so I'm sure it will get used in the family for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still looking for the perfect name..., 10 April 2012
Mrs. A. S. Pickbourne "amymcsue" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I liked the layout of this book: easy to flick through and had detailed meanings/origins and pronunciations. I also found most of the names were fairly usable, nothing too way-out. However, I thought it seemed unusually heavy on the Welsh names. I have nothing against Welsh names of course, but not being Welsh there is no chance of me naming my child Blodwyn, etc. We have been through every boy's name in the book and have not been able to find one I like for my son, even though we like fairly normal/traditional names.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 17 May 2012
A. Campos - See all my reviews
Very good and informative book, I am really unsure what name to give to my baby so this is helping me as I can see the name's meanings too.

3.0 out of 5 stars quite a few names in here you'd NEVER call your child, 5 Feb 2010
I would recommend reading this book so you can get yourself into the right frame of mind for thinking of children's names. As an actualy source of names, I'm not so sure it does its job. It's cheap though!

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite poor, 23 April 2010
I was really disappointed with this book. Some of the names are ridiculous. I'm looking for a different book now.

The Penguin Book of Baby Names