4.0 out of 5 stars Reads exactly was on the cover.
Published on 22 Feb. 2013 by Yecats

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
Published on 29 Sept. 2009 by Andrea Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 29 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Texas Death Row (Paperback)
Be warned: this does exactly what it says on the tin, namely lists details of the Texas Death row inmates, their crimes, sentencing, last meals and last words. It started off compelling enough, but there are only so many times you can read about someone killing another person during a bungled robbery - I personally would have liked to have seen fewer prisoners in this factual book covered and more detail on each of them, eg the media coverage surrounding the murders, the events leading up to their conviction, whether they were repentent, a synopsis of their time on death row etc. This book didn't cover all of those things and I was a little disappointed that this it was literally just a collection of records held on each prisoner.

I would also have liked to have known who witnessed the prisoners being executed, as this is not included - were their families present? The witnesses' families? You are given an idea of this with some of them from their last statements, but not all.

This is not a bad effort by any means, however I get the feeling that there are probably better Death Row books out there so my advice would be to do some more research before considering this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reads exactly was on the cover., 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Texas Death Row (Paperback)
I read several reviews about this book before deciding to buy it anyway. The book is about exactly what is said on the front. It is a lot of data without actually going into the crimes commited, but I still found it really interesting. I could not sit and read this book cover to cover as I would get bored of it, but at the same time I found myself keep picking up the book now and then to read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Texas Death Row (Paperback)
very informative overview of inmates executed. Not a text book as sorts for coursework in law but a very interesting read if you are looking at a range of case profiles of death row inmates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Book, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Texas Death Row (Paperback)
This is a very interesting book with statistics. I find once I pick it up I cannot put it down again and I don't mind reading it over again.

Texas Death Row