5.0 out of 5 stars another sad , yet honest and beautifully written book, 6 April 2009
Dawn E. Hider - See all my reviews
As a foster carer I have enjoyed (?) reading Cathy's books and this has got to be the very best. I saw in Donna many of the children that I have cared for.
A wonderful read and a beautifuly written book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Saddest Girl in The World, 6 April 2009
Having preordered this book months ago I was looking forward to reading it, as I thought all her other books were great. Once it came through my door and I had opened it, that was it I was reading it for the whole day, as with all of Cathy's other books they are very hard to put down. Cathy is an inspiration to all, and if you have not read any of her books, I would suggest in doing so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another powerful book from Cathy Glass, 3 April 2009
The Saddest Girl in the World is the powerful new book from Cathy Glass. It is certainly up to her usual high standard of writing. Donna was treated by her mother and family in an appalling manner. When she first met Cathy and her family she would not look at them or speak to them. Eventually after lots of patience and encouragement she began to talk about her dreadful experiences at home. Cathy shows that there are many types of child abuse that parents can inflict upon their children and they all have very damaging effects. As with her other books The Saddest Girl in the World deals with some very important and emotional subjects at a pace that makes it impossible to put the book down.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Saddest Girl in the World, 27 April 2009
Mrs. M. J. Hallybone (Kent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
An excellent account by Cathy Glass of a child she fostered and the final outcome. Cathy writes with such passion that you can actually feel as if you are witnessing the child's life yourself.

The book is full of high and low emotion to the point where you are crying at some of the awful things that have happened to this child.

For anyone who fosters children, as I do, this is a definate must read book, along with her other books, Hidden, Cut and Damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Saddest Girl in the World, 1 May 2009
Cathy Glass has done it again. This is a must read. Another text book for foster carer and parents. A+++

5.0 out of 5 stars Another sad but good story by Cathy Glass, 28 May 2009
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Yet another good story from Cathy Glass.

This story is about a ten year old girl who comes into Cathy's foster care having been abused and neglected by her mother and siblings. With terrible problems, together, they managed to work things out and ultimately change Donnas life for the better.

I love Cathy Glass. Her style of writing is simple and yet fluent. I also like the fact that the abuse isn't spelt out, something I find particularly distressing in true life stories. It is dealt with sympatherically and in fact.

A really great read, another Cathy Glass book I couldn't put down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cathy Glass is my favourite author of all time!, 22 May 2009
I have only one thing to say - Cathy Glass is amazing - I just wish that she would write faster, but then again, with the work she does for foster children, she does not have the time to write 'full time'. If you have not already read her books, I would urge you to start. Either with The Saddest girl in the world, which is her last novel, or Damaged which is the first. I have read all of her books and they are all very inspiring. They really show that one person can make all the difference

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Brilliant and moving book, 23 May 2009
Another brilliantly written and moving story by Cathy Glass. After eagerly awaiting this books release, I was not disappointed. It had me in tears to think of what the little girl was going through and made me fill with rage at her mother, if you can call her that.
I highly recommend this book which you will not be able to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars The saddest girl in the world, 20 May 2009
J. Buxton (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) - See all my reviews
Its one of the best books that cathy has written, I have read all of her books so far and cant wait for more to come.
Cathy is a amazing lady and is so strong.
She is one of the main reasons why i have thought about starting the fostering application again.

5.0 out of 5 stars the saddest girl in the world, 13 May 2009
Mrs. L. M. Bell (surrey, england) - See all my reviews
This is a must read. Has a mixture of emotions but like all of Cathy Glass's books is a fantastic read. Once you start reading you will have trouble putting the book down. Its a real eye opener.

The Saddest Girl in the World