Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.20

on 25 June 2009
Really disappointed. I am an avid fan of this author, but this is not to her usual high standard. It was confusing in its timings, and the story line became more unbelievable as it progressed.
on 5 July 2008
I completely concur with the previous reviewer. This book is puzzling in its awfulness. The dialogue is cringe making and the timescale just doesn't work. The characters manage to get from Bedford to London, book into a bed and breakfast, go the theatre, visit a seedy club and get back to their accommodation in under five hours. The characters are quite unbelievable and the style of writing absurd. What was Josephine Cox doing - having a laugh?
on 27 March 2008
I have never seen such poor writing and am amazed that stuff like this gets published. The story is so incredibly cliched and so are the characters. This 'quick read' has no redeeming features whatsoever and I wonder if the author is ironically giving us a classic example of how not to write!
on 22 December 2010
Not a good read - have most of her books but this is by far the worst.
I would not call it a book - more like an artical.
on 8 February 2011
really enjoyed this quick read first time that i have read anything by Josephine Cox and on my kindle very happy
on 5 April 2013
Very disappointing. Sounded promising but utter drivel to be honest. Timescales were unrealistic and the end very rushed. Not JC's usual standard by a long stretch.
on 17 July 2013
What a waste of money. Will not be recommending this book to my friends. Very disappointed for I am a big fan of Josephine Cox books.
on 11 November 2014
On a trip to London a young man sees a woman sat on the opposite platform and falls head over heels in love. Then she disappears.

Yesterday I visited my local library and came back with five very different books and I chose to read this Quick Read first. The beauty of Quick Reads is that you have the opportunity to try out something different, something that you wouldn't normally even look at. This is what I would normally call a kitchen sink drama. There's no big storyline or plot, it just follows the antics of a couple of twenty somethings on a night out in London.

It's harmless enough but it left me feeling unfulfilled. The story is pretty unrealistic (especially the night out in London) and the ending is so convenient Josephine Cox may as well have wrapped it in a little cotton bow and finished it off with the famous last line 'and they all lived happily ever after.'

Try flicking through a woman's magazine the next time you visit your dentist and you may find a story just like this. That's all I can say really.
on 27 October 2009
It was a short story that you might read in a cheap magazine, disappointing coming from Josephine Cox.
on 23 April 2009
Bought the book but didn't realise it was quite so short. When postage was added it wasn't such a cheap book. Not Josephine Cox at her best.