Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 7 March 2002
Just when you think Lesley Pearse's writing couldn't get any better, it does. A much shorter book in comparison to all her other ones, but no less gripping altho' not so harrowing as her last book "trust Me".
It is only when Daisy's adopted mother dies of cancer that our heroine begins the search for her birth mother and unfolds a tale of innocence corrupted and a family split by greed and misery. My only complaint is this author only manages to write 1 book a year, which in my opinion is too long to wait!!
on 8 February 2004
Lesley Pearse's Father Unknown is another book that you just cannot put down. The story follows Daisy who embarks on a journey to discover her true heritage. On her journey we discover the reasons why she was given away as a baby, and we learn of the hardship her natural mother went through to survive in a disapproving society.
The book is quite predictable but that's what I really liked about it. This was the third book of Pearse's that I read and I still think she is a fantastic writer. The stories she writes are very emotional and Father Unknown is no exception. The book is so involving it's hard not to like it.
on 19 September 2003
I started reading Lesley Pearse's books when I first read Charlie, since then I've bought more books of her's including, recently bought Till We Meet Again, Never Look Back, Rosie, Camilla, Trust Me and others. Lesley's an amazing author she's become one of my favourites. Now matter how big the book is I always find once I start reading I can't put it now. The stories are so realistic you find yourself becoming part of the story.
You will not be disappointed. You should definately purchase this and many more of her books.
on 28 March 2012
I love Lesleys books, this was of her usual standard of excellent for the first half of the book, but then I found the plot got very predicatable. I guessed the twist in the story, which made reading the rest of the book a bit pointless and disappointing. I am not sure about the automatic inheritance rights as Daisy was adopted out of the family. Never the less, I will kindle my next choice of her books, as I have never been disappointed before.
on 20 February 2011
I was recommended this book by a friend who lent me a copy. I got the plot first time but didnt understand the title until the end. It is a brilliant book, funny in places but horribly sad in others. It is a very believable story with a predicted twist near the end. A good read for a holiday.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 March 2004
When Daisys adoptive mother dies she starts searching for her real one.
Her search takes her to Cornwall and she uncovers the story of two sisters Ellen and Josie bought up on a farm in Cornwall.
The sisters paths took them in very different directions, Ellen (Daisys natural mother) caring for children and Josie headed for the bright lights and fame as a model and 'the face of the sixties'.
As Daisys search continues she uncovers greed, jealousy and betrayal - all the things that make a good novel.
Great one for the beach!!
Father Unkown, is just as good as Lesley Pearse's earlier ones. I have read quite a few of her newer books as well as her previous ones and she just keeps the juices flowing.

If you want a book that has you not wanting to put it down ..... Father Unknown is the one to choose.

I am in the process of reading her earlier books as so much enjoyed the ones I have read todate. Each time I read one I think surely the next cann't be as good or better, but they are.

Lesley Pearse writes full of emotions and how family life for Daisy changes ...... sadness, tears and how family are sometimes fraught with the consequences of what happened some years ago.

A summer read that once picked up, you will need to know how all will end for Daisy.
on 27 April 2009
I have read several books by this author but particularly enjoyed this one because part way into it I realised it is set in the area of Cornwall where I have been fortunate enough to holiday for several years with my daughter. I passed on the book for her to enjoy too and we discussed the places mentioned and had visited and tried to work out where the farm was (fictionally) probably sited because of the descriptions of the view from it, so for us a bit of a geography lesson came into it too. Great reading and happy memories for both of us
on 8 October 2012
Loved this book. A big fan of Lesley Pearse,I downloaded this one and was hooked within a couple of chapters. Cleverly written and with some twists and turns I had not expected - this shows that even when one has ready many of this writer's books she can still surprise. I had various plots and endings in mind when I started this, and was wrong which was a nice surprise. Would definitely recommend it - I always feel that Lesley's novels must be incredibly well researched. Absolute respect for this lady.
on 25 May 2008
This is the 1st i have read OF LESLEY'S books. A Very interesting book from a historic point of view and yet i've always found history boring until i read a Lesley Pearse book!!! She definitly bring history to life. It is set in 3 time periods...1955, 1963, 1990/91 but at no point does this story become confusing or difficult to follow and 2 hours reading felt like 20 minutes. Have got trust me and rosie lined up!! Cant wait and hope they're as good. All i need now is more time!!!