5.0 out of 5 stars Lesley Pearse does it again!!
Just when you think Lesley Pearse's writing couldn't get any better, it does. A much shorter book in comparison to all her other ones, but no less gripping altho' not so harrowing as her last book "trust Me".
Published on 7 Mar 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Similar to her others but a good read if ur a fan of her books
Published 5 months ago by Tina Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesley Pearse does it again!!, 7 Mar 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Father Unknown (Paperback)
It is only when Daisy's adopted mother dies of cancer that our heroine begins the search for her birth mother and unfolds a tale of innocence corrupted and a family split by greed and misery. My only complaint is this author only manages to write 1 book a year, which in my opinion is too long to wait!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet again, another brilliant book!, 8 Feb 2004
This review is from: Father Unknown (Paperback)
Lesley Pearse's Father Unknown is another book that you just cannot put down. The story follows Daisy who embarks on a journey to discover her true heritage. On her journey we discover the reasons why she was given away as a baby, and we learn of the hardship her natural mother went through to survive in a disapproving society.
The book is quite predictable but that's what I really liked about it. This was the third book of Pearse's that I read and I still think she is a fantastic writer. The stories she writes are very emotional and Father Unknown is no exception. The book is so involving it's hard not to like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Read, 19 Sep 2003
This review is from: Father Unknown (Paperback)
I started reading Lesley Pearse's books when I first read Charlie, since then I've bought more books of her's including, recently bought Till We Meet Again, Never Look Back, Rosie, Camilla, Trust Me and others. Lesley's an amazing author she's become one of my favourites. Now matter how big the book is I always find once I start reading I can't put it now. The stories are so realistic you find yourself becoming part of the story.
You will not be disappointed. You should definately purchase this and many more of her books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Father Unknown, 28 Mar 2012
A. Davis "Andaviz" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Father Unknown (Kindle Edition)
I love Lesleys books, this was of her usual standard of excellent for the first half of the book, but then I found the plot got very predicatable. I guessed the twist in the story, which made reading the rest of the book a bit pointless and disappointing. I am not sure about the automatic inheritance rights as Daisy was adopted out of the family. Never the less, I will kindle my next choice of her books, as I have never been disappointed before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Father Unknown, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: Father Unknown (Paperback)
I was recommended this book by a friend who lent me a copy. I got the plot first time but didnt understand the title until the end. It is a brilliant book, funny in places but horribly sad in others. It is a very believable story with a predicted twist near the end. A good read for a holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Read!, 13 Aug 2002
This review is from: Father Unknown (Paperback)
I don't normally read many books, but I just happened to pick this one up before I went on holidays (didn't trust the weather!). I have since purchased six more of Lesley Pearses books. I was intrigued from the moment I started reading "Father Unknown" to the moment I closed the back cover (even though the weather was extremely pleasant!) I am currently reading "Charity" by Lesley Pearse, and if it's anything like "Father Unknown" I'll be very happy!!!
There are so many differant aspects in this book you will not want to put it down, between two young girls growing up in extreme poverty and the completely differant lives they end up living to sagas of betrayal and loneliness. It is definately a gripping read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Father Unknown - Definately worth the read!, 21 Mar 2004
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Father Unknown (Paperback)
When Daisys adoptive mother dies she starts searching for her real one.
Her search takes her to Cornwall and she uncovers the story of two sisters Ellen and Josie bought up on a farm in Cornwall.
The sisters paths took them in very different directions, Ellen (Daisys natural mother) caring for children and Josie headed for the bright lights and fame as a model and 'the face of the sixties'.
As Daisys search continues she uncovers greed, jealousy and betrayal - all the things that make a good novel.
Great one for the beach!!

5.0 out of 5 stars happy memories, 27 April 2009
Mimzi (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Father Unknown (Paperback)
I have read several books by this author but particularly enjoyed this one because part way into it I realised it is set in the area of Cornwall where I have been fortunate enough to holiday for several years with my daughter. I passed on the book for her to enjoy too and we discussed the places mentioned and had visited and tried to work out where the farm was (fictionally) probably sited because of the descriptions of the view from it, so for us a bit of a geography lesson came into it too. Great reading and happy memories for both of us

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT READ AND EDUCATIONAL!!!!, 25 May 2008
This review is from: Father Unknown (Paperback)
This is the 1st i have read OF LESLEY'S books. A Very interesting book from a historic point of view and yet i've always found history boring until i read a Lesley Pearse book!!! She definitly bring history to life. It is set in 3 time periods...1955, 1963, 1990/91 but at no point does this story become confusing or difficult to follow and 2 hours reading felt like 20 minutes. Have got trust me and rosie lined up!! Cant wait and hope they're as good. All i need now is more time!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Father Unknown (Kindle Edition)
a very good read such a twist great read

Father Unknown