5.0 out of 5 stars SPY DOG ROCKS!!!!!!
This fantastic book kept my 5 and 7 year olds completely enthralled. It is well written, and easy to read aloud, making the most reluctant reader desperate to find out what happens next. The humour is pitched at a level that children and adults can enjoy; a lovely book to share. We are looking forward VERY much to Spy Dog 2.
Published on 11 April 2006

2.0 out of 5 stars Well written but better for older kids
My six year old doesn't need to read about criminals 'Stacking up bags of white powder' for an entertaining story just yet. It seems for some that the real crime is remaining a child beyond the age of five nowdays.
Published on 20 Mar 2010 by Amadeus Dreamus Believus

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SPY DOG ROCKS!!!!!!, 11 April 2006
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars My class love this book!, 5 Nov 2007
E. Heckingbottom "elaineheck143" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Spy Dog (Paperback)
This is one of the few books that has got my weaker readers involved in reading - in fact, last year's class were virtually fighting over the series. Comments such as 'It's not fair. I finished Book 2 last week, and she's hardly started Book 3. Can you ask her to hurry up - or get another copy' were abounding once I had produced the books!

As far as I'm concerned - if a book can get a child interested in reading, it's well worth it!

Keep writing, please, Andrew Cope! My class long to read more of Lara'a adventures!

(Do you visit schools in Essex?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spy Dog's amazing success, 19 Sep 2005
This review is from: Spy Dog (Paperback)
I may be a little biased as I feature in the last chapter, taking an emotional assembly when Sophie, Ben and Ollie are reunited with their pet dog BUT I have read this novel to two of my classes at school and they are enthralled by Andrew's skill at spinning a yarn.
He came into our school on Friday to introduce us to Lara, his real life spy dog, and the children were enraptured by his manner. They also loved Lara, a real mutt if ever I saw one!
A highly recommended read for middle juniors, especially reluctant boy readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Fun Adventure!, 12 Nov 2006
Sophie (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spy Dog (Paperback)
Spy Dog is a really fun, action packed read. From the moment you open the first page you are plunged straight into the action. You soon get a wonderful picture of Lara, the Spy Dog, as her character unfolds. The story is filled with humour, even though it is an adventure and we even get to see Lara using the computer with her paws!

Lara's adventures at Spy School are really exciting and are very different to her new life, with a real family. Her adventures carry the reader through lots of feelings from sadness to happiness. She becomes a real heroine and there is a great ending.

I really enjoyed this book. It was fun, interesting and the storyline was clear to follow, making me want to turn each page, right to the very end. Can't wait to begin Spy Dog 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spy Dog, 30 Nov 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Spy Dog (Paperback)
I am age 8 and i think that this book is perfect for 7-10 year olds who love mysteries and adventures in their books. This book has improved my imagination a lot and has got my head super-glued to it. At one stage it looks like it's gone boring and the mysteries fineshed, but then all of their solving helps nothing! It's just a brilliant book!

5.0 out of 5 stars pesky mutt, 25 Sep 2005
This review is from: Spy Dog (Paperback)
I really love spy dog. Lara is great as a superdog that goes undercover as a family pet. It made me want to read more. I have lent it to my brother and he loves Lara to

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Spy Dog, 29 April 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Spy Dog (Paperback)
I really liked this book, and could not put it down once I started reading it. I started to read it in the shop, and even though Mum and Dad told me not to, I kept reading while I was walking and nearly walked into a tree, I was so engrossed in the story! Even though I am a girl, I am very interested in spies, and I also love animals, so this was the perfect combination for me. I really liked the idea that a dog could be a spy, and hope that one day, my puppy is able to train to be a spy too! I found the story easy to follow, it held my interest and was exciting.

The reason I did not give this a five star rating was down to the problem I found with the way it was written in places. When Spy Dog was talking, it was sometimes in different type, but not always, which I found a bit confusing at times. Some of the sentences were put together in an awkward way, which made them difficult for me to read and then understand. It was as if the words had been put together in slightly the wrong order.

Overall I love this book and the rest in the series, and would recommend them to any children, boys or girls, who are around my age of 8.

(Posted on behalf of Amy Middlebrook, author of Amy's Moon)

5.0 out of 5 stars MY SON LOVES IT !, 15 Jan 2008
This review is from: Spy Dog (Paperback)
I have just ordered the other 2 spy dog books for my son - he loves this one - he read 39 pages right off last night - i had to go in and MAKE him put it down and turn the light off - LOL !!!!

(This is not the same son who is going to be a fire fighter by the way - i would be extremely worried if it were....)

4.0 out of 5 stars Spy Dog -James Bond meets Dick King Smith/Roald Dahl?, 15 Sep 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Spy Dog (Paperback)
Here is an animal book in the Dick King Smith vein. One of the villains is described in the way we might expect Roald Dahl to write and his fate similar - a bitten bottom!
An extraordinary dog turns spy, with all the gadgetry of a junior James Bond. Aimed at the junior age group its appeal will be to boys. To say 'it's not for girls' would probably be as true as to say the same of Yorkie bars!
Were it not that I know the author I might be tempted to give it a five star rating. Objectively, it's definitely worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars an exciting adventure, 18 Jan 2008
This review is from: Spy Dog (Paperback)
This exciting adventure book is the first in a series. It is about Lara, the first dog to be trained as a 'spy dog'! Lara finds herself at the RSPCA after trying to escape form the horrible Mr Big.
Will Lara enjoy being a family dog or will she want to return to the Secret Service?
This is the best book I've ever read! Even better there are two more books to enjoy in the series! My favourite character was Lara, as I love dogs! Philip

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›