‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the first "proper" book my 6 year old daughter read., 20 Aug 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
This is the first "proper" book my 6 year old daughter read. She could not put it down and throughly enjoyed it. She is now hooked on Mr Majeika stories and is now on her third. Anything that encourages a child to read is surely worth 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!, 26 Feb 2009
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
We loved Mr Majeika because we think it is suitable for children in Year 4 as it is fun, fascinating, excellent and superdupa!
We particularly found it funny when Hamish scared the lady dentist. It made us all laugh.
It was a good book to read in class, because it is set in school, so we could really imagine what it would be like to be in the story.
We would recommend this book to anyone who likes to read magical stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 7 Oct 2003
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
This was my favourite book when i was little after being read over and over again. Today I was delighted when i looked in a box of old books and Mr majeika was on top. I couldnt resist reading it again.
Even now i find this book charming, amusing and magical.
Its great for young readers(5/6)who enjoy reading, due to its simplistic style, but unlike a lot of books for this age, its a bit longer, so you can feel proud of yourself when you finish the book(although finishing the book now wasnt as much of an acheivement as it was when i was little)
I would recommend this book to all young children,especially bookworms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for 6 year olds, 29 Aug 2008
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
It is sometimes difficult to find books that can both be read aloud to your child and also read (and understood) independently by the child. This book is great for that. It is humorous and imaginative (and pre dates Harry Potter!) and my 6 year old (a good reader) loved it. A good introduction to 'tucking up with a good book'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Easy to Read, 16 Mar 2012
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
I am currently volunteering in school and looking for interesting, funny books that will grip children who have just moved away from reading picture books but who are not yet ready for full on novels yet. Mr. Majeika is perfect in this respect. It's not too long. It still has some illustrations, and it is funny. Mr. Majeika is an ex wizard who takes a job as a school teacher because there really isn't that much call for wizards any more in modern life. He finds however, that when he is teaching class 3, that his wizarding skills come in very handy on more than one occasion, especially when he is dealing with the class naughty boy, Hamish Bigmore. A lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
Looks a good buy for a child, big type with illustrations. I'm sure it will be a success and will encourage my 6 year old to read. EW

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful bedtime reading!, 15 April 2008
J. Clark "mumtoellie" (York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
My daughter received this book as an Easter present from her Godmother, and it instantly appeared to a 6 year olds sense of fun and adventure. We normally do 'a chapter a night' but ended up getting through this book in double quick time as it was such fun and so lovely to read. We are now building a collection of other Majeika stories to sit alongside our Jeremy Strong books!

4.0 out of 5 stars my 6 year old loves these stories, 8 Jun 2009
A. Homer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Audio CD)
A superb recording of these books. They are ideal for all KS1 children. My daughter loves listening to the CD at bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very popular, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
I bought this book to read to my class at school and it proved very popular - I can recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 11 May 2014
This review is from: Mr Majeika (Paperback)
We read the book very quickly as my children coerced me into reading several chapters at a time. The books are long enough to engross a young reader.

I would also argue the Mr Majeika series of books would make a great addition for a Primary School Library or Classroom Book collection too (Reading Comprehension and so on).

My kids loved it!