4.0 out of 5 stars I'm think I'm possibly Sarah's biggest fan...but, 15 Nov. 2007
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
this book was not in the same league as her Promises series. Yes it was a historical with a strong Alpha male, Caine, and Desi, the female lead, was a remarkable woman for her day, but the passion, whilst hot as I've come to expect from Sarah, was much more infrequent than I'd have expected. It was a good read, but there was so much background (SPOILER: her abduction had been arranged by her father's crooked lawyer, she and her twin ended up as captives/whores of Indians, then she was 'ransomed' and turned into a whore by her 'saviours', who were well-respected gents from town) that it felt like the book seemed to focus more on that than on Caine and Desi's relationship. It also seemed a little unreal that Desi would embrace what Caine wanted from her so quickly into the book - she did not once flinch from him, despite supposedly feeling shamed that she had been forced by so many men, and was therefore not good enough to marry, and not worthy of him - but he seemed to think that she wouldn't respond to his needs, and tried to temper them, and it felt like the sex was stop-start,stop-start for a long time. There are only 3 full-on sex scenes that I recall, though they were passionate ones! A good read, but perhaps I'm a little disappointed that I've waited 2 years for this book and it's not quite up to the standard of the Promises series, or Conception. Perhaps I'll pop it aside for a while and re-read it before deciding whether it will live on my keeper-shelf, or be sold on.

5.0 out of 5 stars caine,s reckoning, 3 Nov. 2009
Mrs. Jm Bentley "biker" (kent england) - See all my reviews
you can,t put this book down it is brill sarah mccarty at her best, i will be readeing this book again and again