5.0 out of 5 stars I'VE READ THIS IN 2 HRS! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
My mum went and bought this book for me today as an alternative for an easter egg as I always buy Cathy Cassidy's books because I think they're the best, and I was certaintly not dissapointed.

Published on 5 April 2007 by FunkyMelonOutageous

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, could be better...
My daughters review:
Published 7 months ago by Lisa

5.0 out of 5 stars I'VE READ THIS IN 2 HRS! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!, 5 April 2007
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Paperback)

It was funny at times, and I just kept on wishing things for the characters and hoping things would turn out well for them as the story went along. The relationship between jude and carter is so sweet but I must say this book has made me cry the most I've ever cried whilst reading a book, It's so sad towards the end and it just shows a teenager like me, although families will always be quite embarassing,you can't live without them!

5.0 out of 5 stars my rewiew on sundae girl by cathy cassidy., 29 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Kindle Edition)
when i read this book i thought it was brilliant. at the time my family were going through some tough times which i was glad to be able to relate to whilst reading this novel. i thought that the story never slowed down and there was always a turn in the road which almost always kept me wanting to carry on reading.
therfore i think that this book is great ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars FAB, 29 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Paperback)
I am aged ten and i am an advanced reader.
I found Sundae girl a brilliant book,I couldn't put it down.
However this book could be very upsetting and complicated for younger readers.
The story had wonderful and powerful characters.
My favorite characters were Genovie ,mums boyfriend who runs an ice cream van ,dad an elvis impersonator and most of all Jude an unusual,secretive and shy girl.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, could be better..., 7 July 2014
My daughters review:
Sundae Girl is about a girl named Jude who comes from a broken home. She lives with her mum, granddad and grandma and sees her dad and his new girlfriend: Victoria, on the weekends. Jude's family are far from different and Jude often finds herself hiding her families true characteristics when she is in public. Her dad is an Elvis impersonator who goes to parties dressed in catsuits whilst singing. Her mum is an alcoholic who is chasing broken dreams and tainted promises. Her grandma has Alzheimer's so she seems to forget things and her granddad, is a granddad. Jude often believes she's the only sane person. However after her dad announces he is marrying Victoria, Jude's mother takes a turn for the worse and soon it's not only her own life she's damaging, but Jude's as well. Alongside the family mayhem, Jude has to balance being a kid and having crushes and being an awkward teenager.

Personally, I think this book is hard to critique. There were some really strong points that I adored about this book, however there were also some points which made me feel like the book was flat and almost a little boring. I loved the idea of her mum being an alcoholic and having the perception of Jude battling her mothers addiction in her own life, as this was interesting and real. Also, I loved how the book didn't necessarily have a happy ending when it came to the death of someone, because it just meant that the book wasn't trying to cast out any fairy tale endings or happy ever afters. However, small things in this book seem to make me just feel a little bit odd and makes me feel like the book lacks a few things. There were some factors in the book that weren't really needed and kinda dragged the story on slightly. I understand Alex, the bird boy, being a leading character because he's Kristina's brother, however it doesn't really connect with the story that much - in my eyes, so I felt that it wasn't necessary.

The book is really good at highlighting addictions of parents and family members as well as the truth of broken homes, and how sometimes a grandparent is all you need. It also is amazingly beautiful at showing the sadness of Alzheimer's and how it can effect the younger ones around you. However there were some times in the book: 'the music was so sad that it made me want to slit my wrist' which I thought were really unnecessary and almost like it was a push too far and as if the book was just lacking something so Cathy replaced it with something else.

Personally, Cathy is an excellent author, however I feel like this book just wasn't for me but it was for me too. It took me a while to even consider reading this because I'm not the target audience anymore so I was contemplating the big risk. If you like some harsh drama and a little bit of oddness, this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sundae Girl by Cathy Cassidy, 12 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Paperback)
Sundae Girl is a great book set in Tile Hill, Coventry. It is about a young girl called Jude who sometimes lives with her mum, sometimes her dad (they're divorced). When she is with her mum, she also lives with her Nan and granddad and her mum's dog, Toto. Toto was named after the dog in "The Wizard of Oz", Jude's mum's favourite film. Jude's mum, called Rose, has an alcohol problem which has just stopped, but starts again in the beginning of the book. She is trying to get out of it and knows that Jude is unhappy about it; so, she tricks Jude by emptying a ginger beer bottle and filling it with whisky.
Her Dad works as an Elvis impersonator and has a girlfriend, Victoria. She likes Jude and Jude likes her too. Overall, her family is pretty embarrassing. At parent's evenings, Jude says that her family isn't hers. She is a good pupil, with good test records, reliable friends and her teachers like her. What has she got to be worried about? She has nothing to hide from her parents, but all the reason to hide her parents from her teachers.
Around the middle of the book, Jude's dad and Victoria get married, and they invite Jude, of course, and Jude's mum, surprisingly. Jude is not happy about this and knows that it is going to end in disaster. They need to go to the wedding on the train as the wedding is in Grete-ne-green in Scotland. When they get to the wedding, Victoria and Rose have a fight. When Jude's mum is in the middle of the fight, she tries to light a cigarette. The lighter flicks and lands on Victoria's wedding vale. It sets on fire. Rose comes to the rescue. She flings it off and tramples on it to put out the flame. That does not go well. Rose and Jude don't stay long at the after-wedding party. Jude dances away but her mum just stays at the bar, drinking miserably.
Although Jude doesn't want to, her mum insists that they leave. When they have said goodbye, Rose and Jude go off to see one of rose's friends who also lives in Scotland. While they are at Rose's friend's pub, they hear an ice-cream truck. It was Rose's Italian boyfriend, who she has fallen out with. He comes to deliver some news. Rose's mum has had a stroke. Despite having fallen out with her, Rose's boyfriend had driven all the way from Coventry to Scotland just for her. He drives them back to the hospital to see Jude's Nan. Read this story to find out what happens next. WARNING: YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO PUT THE BOOK DOWN!!!
I thought that this book was really good and found it interesting that it was set in a small town, Coventry. It made me realise how lucky we all are to have such a loving family, because there really are children who live lives just the same as Jude's.
RATING: 10/10
AGE RANGE: 12+

5.0 out of 5 stars Cathy Cassidy has the talent of making readers addicted to her books!, 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Kindle Edition)
Sundae Girl Jude wishes her family wasn't so embarrassing. Her mum is an alcoholic, having an addiction to alcohol, her dad dresses up like Elvis Presley and her gran knits scarves that are too long.

This story is packed with love (family love and boy love), trouble, danger and excitement. This book is page-turning, thrilling and lets you in on some of Jude's most private secrets. And there's a surprise at the end, to do with Rose (Jude's mum) and her alcohol addiction, and Kristina Kowalski also has a secret up her sleeve... That is, if she even has tops with sleeves!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Paperback)
Book this book for my 12 year old daughter, as it was one of the only ones left that she had not read. She could not put it down and read it in about two days. Cathy Cassidy books are sometimes a bit near the mark but they let young people know what life can sometimes be like. Arrived really quickly and well packed. All in all a good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Kindle Edition)
A fantastic thrill to read as you explore the feelings and situations Jude is going through.Thumbs up for Cathy Cassidy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever!, 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book Sundae Girl by Cathy Cassidy and started reading, I just could not put it down. It's so cute and funny and exciting. Must buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Motavating Book, 13 May 2014
This review is from: Sundae Girl (Kindle Edition)
I really like this book because it is about friendship and family. Two of my favourite things. Great Book CathyC.

Sundae Girl