Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.79

on 2 December 2008
I bought this for my 9 year old son for Christmas and had a quick look to check suitability and couldn't put it down!
There are dodgy cracker quality jokes, old favoiurites and many I had not heard but all made me chuckle. A must for Harry Hill fans. Perfect for age 8-80!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 December 2008
This was bought for our seven year old son for christmas, as he has a love of jokes (what is it with boys, be it putting plastic creepy crawly spiders into beds or making rude noises in public and blaming someone else!)

Our son's favourite programme is Harry Hill's TV Burp so when I saw this book on Amazon, I told my brother-in-law that the combination of jokes and Hill go together wonderfully for a christmas present for our 7 year old. (Saying that though the age range of this book is for anyone aged 7-100, basically anyone that likes a dammed good giggle).

If you like the comedy of Mr Bean and the like then this is a joke book for you (this also includes the silly falling over sketches on a well known tv programme, you know you shouldn't laugh but once someone else does that's it).

Simple honest and clean fun that even a youngster can read and laugh at, there seems to be a section on allsorts of various matters, something to tickle everyone's fancy. Well I must go off now and finish reading that last section.... something to make you laugh on a dark Monday morning.
66 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 August 2011
When my brother got this book for his 9th b-day i was not suprised. Me and my family love his two shows on tv, 'You've been Framed!' and 'TV Burp', i was glad that we got it cos he makes us all laugh even you must admit. I spotted it hidden on my mothers chest of drawers under a hat. I read it all in a few minutes, (well. . . most of it anyway), and i was pretty impressed and couldn't wait to recite them to friends and for my brothers b-day to come so i could read some more!
The classic jokes are amazing. A classic one being: 'PATIENT: Why are you making me jump up and down? NURSE: Because when i gave you the medicine i forgot to shake it.'
There are only about 2 or 3 bad jokes in the whole thing/jokes that don't make sense: 'My granpa is so forgetfull he forgot to take his watch and looked at it to see if he had time to go back and get it.'

Overall, i would strongly reccomend this to anyone who likes to have a laugh!
:D
on 23 February 2009
Purchased this as a stocking filler for my 8year old daughter for christmas. She loves it. Ammo for school!
on 9 February 2009
Brilliant joke book, suitable for the whole family! My 8 yr old son loves it. The jokes are just silly with no 'adult only' content. Highly recommended.
on 28 November 2008
our 8 year old loves this, and keeps going back to it and then comes attacking us with the jokes.
on 19 December 2010
I bought this for my 12 year old daughter for Christmas as she is always complaining that her Dad's jokes are not funny and she has heard them a million times. I thought she could get some jokes of her own. However, the jokes are so cheesy and old and alot of them are not funny. I won't be giving it to her now, will have to give it away to someone else, probably ok for younger children.
on 6 March 2011
I bought this book for my grandson who is 9 years old as I was fed up hearing the two joke books that he had. When I checked in Amazon web site for a joke book for that age,this was the book that came up. I really like Harry Hill so thought that I couldn't go wrong! How right I was! My grandson absolutely loved it as did I! I would highly reccomend this book .
on 2 February 2009
Harry Hill's proof of how important delivery is - some pretty feeble efforts in this book, most of which he could carry off, but on the page aren't really worth paying for. 3 out of 5 because that wasn't entirely unexpected, I just hoped it wouldn't be the case.
on 29 January 2009
Not as funny as the DVD or the TV show but ideal for flipping through with a number of funny one liners (and a large number of well known jokes)
Bit disappointing really - a few cartoons / illustrations may have been useful!