4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable thriller
Published on 8 Mar. 2009 by JM

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast moving, enjoyable read
Very quick moving story with quite good characters. Enjoyable read but lacks a certain sharpness found in other detective thrillers read recently.
Published on 15 Nov. 2010 by Mr. Terence Young

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable thriller, 8 Mar. 2009
JM (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: City of Fear (Paperback)
This is the first book I have read by this author and I was not disappointed. Easy to read and drawing you in from the very beginning, it is the story of a young inexperienced detective Ellie Hatcher and her efforts to track down a ruthless serial killer who takes his victims' hair as a keepsake. Whilst the police have a suspect and evidence which supposedly ties him to the murder of a young student, Ellie cannot help thinking there's more to the case when she hears about similar murders a decade ago, which he could not have committed. Well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 3 Feb. 2011
This review is from: City of Fear (Kindle Edition)
A great read for those who like thrillers does not keep you on your toes though but is good all the same. Explains all the police terminology in laymans terms for people like me who haven't got a clue lol!

4.0 out of 5 stars another excellent contribution, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: City of Fear (Kindle Edition)
This is me second foray into the world if Ellie Hatcher having started with City of Lies which I thoroughly enjoyed, well more of the same to be found here.
Burkes thrillers are easy to read entertaining page turners . They are fairly typical of the genre I suppose, but they are well constructed, well written and have interesting plots and characters, this is no different. There is a good little double twist at the end, I thought I'd worked it all out , but a chapter later realised I hadn't
I thoroughly recommend Burke to you, if you enjoy James Patterson and the like , you will enjoy Burke - buy now before her popularity drives the prices up , as they surely will .........only a matter of time before she becomes a best selling author and household name I would suggest

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast moving, enjoyable read, 15 Nov. 2010
Mr. Terence Young (Wolverhampton) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Reading material, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: City of Fear (Kindle Edition)
Bought what I thought was a good read, however I could not really get into the story and as such did not complete it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 18 Aug. 2013
A. R. Jacubs (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: City of Fear (Kindle Edition)
My second Alafair Burke novel and I really enjoyed it. I will be reading more of her books for sure. She is so good at giving in depth descriptions of people and situations. First rate!

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked this book, 19 Jun. 2013
This review is from: City of Fear (Kindle Edition)
I really liked the book it hold your attention and you don't want to put it down would like more of them .

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 4 April 2013
This review is from: City of Fear (Kindle Edition)
good alround read. plenty of action lots of characters and keeps you hanging on till the end for a result

4.0 out of 5 stars Alafair Burke Tells a Good Story, 13 Feb. 2013
Mrs. Janet E. Newman (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: City of Fear (Kindle Edition)
I must stop reading these excellently put together stories. I am not getting anything else done or getting as much sleep as I should having taken the book to bed to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, good series, 8 Dec. 2012
This review is from: City of Fear (Kindle Edition)
really enjoyed this book - twisting plot, convincing characters and dialogue. Looking forward to others in the series - there are 2 so far.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›