on 27 September 2011
I cannot remember why I chose to buy this book, but it sat on my kindle a while before I finally got down to doing so. I loved it! I had to refrain from laughing for most of the book (as I read on the train), but instead sat there with a massive grin on my face. Would strongly recommend, as it is easy going and light hearted, and something I'm sure everyone can relate to!
on 27 October 2011
This book annoyed anyone who happened to be sitting near me because of my laughing uncontrollably at every other page.

A fantastic book, great narrative style and very very funny. I look forward to reading other books by this author in future.

I think this one was a freebie when I got it but it's well worth paying money for! Highly Recommended.
on 17 January 2011
I dont know why I chose this book but I loved it. Its the funniest thing I have read in ages - laugh out loud funny.
The guy is permanently bewildered and muddles along hoping for the best, I will look out for other things Matt Rudd has written.
on 5 March 2011
I enjoyed this book.
It wasn't too heavy, just the right amount of seriousness to offset the absurdness of his situations.
on 24 April 2012
I took this away on holiday with me and thoroughly enjoyed it! I laughed out loud many times - very cleverly written and I've suggested that my husband reads it from a male perspective - I'm sure he'll find it equally amusing. I'm off to see what else Matt Rudd has written now........
on 28 June 2011
Never heard of this book, saw the reviews and bought it. I am so glad! Having only been married for just over two years, there are some things that Matt wrote that made me think blimey, has he read my mind??! Pure genius and engaging writing style with a twist thrown in. Buy it.
on 15 March 2013
I bought this as it was less than a couple of quid for Kindle and I was in the first year of married life, all be it after living together for 30 years. It is read out loud funny, which elicited comments in the following categories from my wife, "Ha ha ha, you've done that.", "William is just like you, isn't he?" ("No." "Yes, he is." etc) or "I'm trying to get some sleep."
Good book for hols. Bad book for putting on your smart phone, as you will be tempted read it in the loo and it is not good form to snigger in the cubicle. And that always happens when the person in next door has made a noise.
I've bought the sequel, now.
on 18 September 2011
A properly brilliant read. It moves quickly and is a rare look into the male mind. It is a love story, meets bridget jones meets MOTD. It really was fun to read and the only down side was the slightly far fetched plot twist that I think let down a sensational read.
on 19 December 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a light, frothy, entertaining read, and is well-written. It might get pigeon-holed into the chick lit category, but there's plenty for all to enjoy in my opinion. The story takes you through William Walker's first year of wedded bliss, highlighting all his terrible mistakes, but also managing not to get too silly. William is a well-drawn character and I enjoyed his friends too. Perhaps inevitably, due to the diary style, his wife is rather one-dimensional and we don't get to understand her, or see her in any depth throughout the book. He doesn't even articulate very clearly what he loves about her.
A lot of what is featured in terms of day-to-day niggles, will be no doubt be familiar to to a lot of people. There were plenty of amusing moments. Perhaps one criticism is that not enough is made of his wife's mistakes. She makes plenty, but he seems always to be willing to take all the blame on his own side after a suitable amount of time stewing over it.

I did think that the ending dragged on for a little too long as well. It got a little farcical, when I think it would have benefited from a lighter touch. Despite that, I could see it making an enjoyable tv series or even a romantic comedy film.

All-in-all, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a light amusing read. It's well-worth picking up and I am looking forward to reading the sequel. Goodness only knows how William will get on with his next challenge...
on 26 May 2011
I had high hopes after reading the reviews for this book but it irritated me after the first few pages. The characters are just not likeable and just plain stupid! Did not get one laugh out of me.