5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed out loud - very refreshing!
Published on 7 Sep 2009 by Helen C

3.0 out of 5 stars Okish
Nice light writing style and a few real laugh out loud moments but I really wanted to slap Mr Walker after a while. Fine for a freebie but glad I didn't have to pay for it
Published on 8 Nov 2011 by JanLuke

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed out loud - very refreshing!, 7 Sep 2009
I bought this book as I have previously read a few pieces the author has written in a magazine - and this book did not let me down. From the first page I was grinning to myself and found that I could not put the book down, and finished it over 2 days. It is written in a Bridget Jones Diary style, and anyone who has been in a long term relationship will recognise the "problems" and "discussions" that the main character has with his partner. The humour is fun and fresh, and there were a few occasions where I had to put the book down and recover from a bout of laughter, or read a section out loud to my husband. If you enjoyed Bridget Jones, you will love this book - written from a Man's perspective. Very light hearted and easy to read. I am now going to look for the next book by this talented man!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just couldn't put it down!, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: William Walker's First Year of Marriage: A Horror Story (Kindle Edition)
I've never reviewed a book before, which is suprising as I read so many of them, but I felt I had to review this one as I loved every minute of it, and quite frankly it just wasn't long enough! Finished it in about 9 hours, so basically spent the day ignoring everyone while I quietly chuckled to myself at William's typically manish antics. I would highly recommend this book to anyone and am looking forward to the next installment (and ignoring everyone for another 9 hours)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best not read while having a hot drink., 26 Feb 2011
Would definitely recommend to anyone from those avid readers with 100's of books under their belt to the individual that reads a book once a decade. You can't help but be captured and entertained by the vividly described antics that unfold through out this delightful book. Guys will quietly recognise behaviours and situations within the book and women will almost be entertained and amused by the not entirely inaccurate portrayal of the less fair sex. My only recommendation, would maybe to find somewhere quiet to read, as you'll find yourself no doubt spluttering in public with barely contained laughter and quickly acquiring funny looks from all in the vicinity.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to make you laugh out loud (and maybe even pee your pants!), 11 Mar 2011
What a funny, funny book. I have spent the last day and a half ignoring my children, dodging the housework and laughing till I've almost wet myself. Matt Rudd is a very funny man. Am off now to buy everything else he has written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious page turner, just brilliant., 6 Mar 2011
I am always attracted to books when other reviewers say they actually laughed out loud whilst reading them. I doubted I would be laughing throughout but I can state hands on arse that this book definitely did have me laughing out loud very very often. It never once ceased to make me smile along at each and every page. Now that is an art form Mr Rudd. As is normal with all books it takes a while to get into our character William Walker who is spinning his yarns and telling us his daily diary tribulations...... in his first year of marriage. As the book progressed once again as with the great books you have chosen to take a gamble on you start to just not want it to come to the end such is the pure enjoyment and good feeling of the writing style. Every time I picked this book up to carry on with it (turned on my Kindle) I was recharged with a bit of indulgent happiness. Just brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 5 Mar 2011
Joo "kuforum" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I enjoyed this book.
It wasn't too heavy, just the right amount of seriousness to offset the absurdness of his situations.

4.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud, 13 Jan 2011
Neil A. Chambers "nchambers10" (Plymouth, UK) - See all my reviews
I'd never heard of Matt Rudd but, as this was a free Kindle edition, I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm very glad I did as it had me laughing out loud at William's tale. This book is well written and extremely funny. I think many men will identify with his concerns and mishaps (one DIY scene had me in tears of empathic laughter).

I thoroughly recommend giving this a go. I will be looking out for future publications from Mr Rudd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this, 17 Jan 2011
I dont know why I chose this book but I loved it. Its the funniest thing I have read in ages - laugh out loud funny.
The guy is permanently bewildered and muddles along hoping for the best, I will look out for other things Matt Rudd has written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanblinkintastic, 13 Mar 2013
Libbie (oxton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Rang my friend up asking for help to breathe as I was laughing so much.

Without doubt top 3 funniest books I have read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly funny!, 24 April 2012
Nicky F (Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
I took this away on holiday with me and thoroughly enjoyed it! I laughed out loud many times - very cleverly written and I've suggested that my husband reads it from a male perspective - I'm sure he'll find it equally amusing. I'm off to see what else Matt Rudd has written now........