5.0 out of 5 stars Angel Cake
Angel cake by cathy cassidy is a book about a polish girl, moving to england with little english. She goes though several problams, with people ignoring her, little money, stolen boots and a boy who sets things on fire. Will everything go her way in the end??? Great for 9 to 15 year olds.
Published on 14 Aug. 2009 by BJW

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
OK but a little disappointing.
Published 3 months ago by Norma

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel Cake, 14 Aug. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel Cake is Pure Heaven, 30 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Angel Cake (Hardcover)
My daughter loves Cathy Cassidy books and her favourite was always Ginger Snaps, until she read Angel Cake, this is what she had to say...

Fantastic book - one of her best, now my equal fave with Ginger Snaps. The story was very unpredictable and if you did guess what was going to happen there was always a twist to throw you off. I read it in 2 days and loved every bit. I liked it because it was set in Liverpool, my former hometown and, as I've been living in Scotland for 3 years, it reminded me of 'home'. I loved the shop and the wonderful descriptions of cake - so good you could actually taste them. There are lots of clever messages in the book, like 'don't judge a book by its cover' and 'something sweet isn't always the key to happiness'. I'm sure Angel Cake will be a best seller.
Zoe Bestel

5.0 out of 5 stars great girly read, 28 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Angel Cake (Hardcover)
my daughter could not put this book down, she loved all the characters and the story line. I had a look after her and it is a really nice read for girls who are beginning to be interested in boys and romance. issues are dealt with sensitively

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read from Cathy, once again!!!!!, 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Angel Cake (Kindle Edition)
This is a great story of a girl who moves from Poland, facing the troubles and difficulties of settling into a complete different country- UK. Anya had already started learning English a while back in Poland, being the best in her class, but now being in Liverpool her confidence has dwindled and she ends up being the invisible girl. Everyone in her new school thinks she doesn't understand English, that she isn't worth befriending or trying to help with-that is until two people rated lower in the jungle called Kurt and Frankie realise that she does understand and is actually very nice.
During lessons Anya is not really participating much- nobody does, there just seems to be more drama and fuss that Anya has ever come across. A boy called Dan is always causing trouble; one day he sets fire to his school book, next he walks out of class, he is just trouble. Anya sees Dan in a different light though. In angle wings and slanting cheek bones. A kind and smiling face. Before she knows she's fallen for him, Frankie continuously telling her he's bad news- every boy is to her.

Anita loves Dan, but does he love her...
In a tangle of secrets Anya must follow her heart, but how can she when is threatened to go back to Poland...

Find out what happens in Angel Cake, one of Cathy Cassidy best written books...

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 23 July 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Angel Cake (Paperback)
I love this book. The book made me worried, however, and that's what made me want to keep reading. I read the whole book in 2 days. I just could not put it down. Children aged 8+ would enjoy this book.

There's a recipe for Angel cake at the back of the book and I could not wait to make it. It tastes delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel Cake, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Angel Cake (Kindle Edition)
Cathy Cassidy is one of Britain's greatest authors and she has really outdone herself writing 'Angel Cake'.

Firstly she really took a great deal of time focusing on the characters feelings, especially Anya's, the main character of the book.

Anya flew to Liverpool from Poland, Krakow. Her dad left when she was nine to work because he said their was better money their but it took him years to scrape enough money to send for hi family. The house her had promised them was a disappointment and to make matters worse she was dreading her fist day at an English school. Cathy describes the pupils of the school as wild animals, an excellent simile or metaphor. You could really feel the struggle and emotion she was writing for Anya. When I finished the book I was really surprised when it was based on a true story! A must read! 9+

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovin This Book, 9 July 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Angel Cake (Hardcover)
This is the best book I have ever read! The main character is a girl called Anya and she is Polish. This book is my first book I have read by Cathy Cassidy and I am proud to say that is a great author! I haven't finished reading the book yet but it is very good, I recommend it to girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel Cake x, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Angel Cake (Kindle Edition)
I loved reading this book and I couldn't put it down. Cathy Cassidy is an amazing author and my favourite books of hers are the chocolate box series. I read Angel Cake after reading Summers Dream and I loved the two of them!

Within the book I liked the way that it portrays that anyone can change to whoever they want to be. I also like the way that it opened my eyes to how hard it is to move to a different country and not be able to speak the language fluently. I also liked the way that Anya fell for Dan and didn't give up on him when he was going through a tough time i life with his parents splitting up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angel cake, 22 Oct. 2013
Sharon Fraser (St. Charles, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel Cake (Kindle Edition)
I really love this book because it is full of adventure! It always makes you want to read on because at every corner there is a twist that you can't really understand. It also tells a story that has probably happened to somebody in this world today. That's what I like about this book because it isn't so fantasy like that it's hard to believe it could happen. My favourite character is Anya because she is the main character and she is the one who fixes everything. My least favourite character is Lily because she thinks she is the best at everything and she is mean. I would really recommend this book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Angel Cake, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Angel Cake (Kindle Edition)
This is an absolutely amazing book! I really enjoyed reading it! The only thing is that some Dan-and-Anya scenes are a bit mushy, but it really doesn't spoil the book at all. Also, a while ago, Cathy published a short book called Cupcakes and Kisses, which had a sample of Angel Cake from Lily 's point of view, and I really think they should make the sample into a proper book!! :)

Angel Cake