Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 November 2009
I really needed to get back to engrossing myself into some electronic wondrance and this collection did it for me. In comparison to the "Ministry of Sound" One collection I have been spoilt for choice but, just as I spoke of the quality and nature of collections in my Ministry of Sound comment, I will speak of it here.

When people talk about Anthems or great dance tunes from the past 20 to 30 years, how do you collate that? Is it by their success in the pop charts or their success in the dance world? Now, the Gatecrasher release takes into account their success in the dance world - basically I would guess, how well the songs did in the clubs and the dance charts. How much were these songs played and how well were they embraced by the dance world.

Now, the Ministry of Sound collection basically takes into account the pop charts, where melody is king. Now that's cheesy melody. I calculate this via cheese. If a dance tune is cheesy enough, it will make it's way through to the top of the pop charts and live in it's number one glory. Although this doesn't help matters considering it loses all it's dance music vigour in the process.

So if you want a collection of great dance tunes (emphasis on dance) then you have to buy this but if you just want a historical representation of number one "dance" tunes then get the Ministry of Sound collection.

I'd get this if you're into dance. I'd get the Ministry of Sound One collection if you like cheesy dance pop.
on 25 December 2009
Nice album, got everything you could ever need if you were starting out your own club night. Easy to listen to wether your chilling out to it, or playing it up loud. Seems to be a little better than the Ministry of Sound and Euphoria albums. Songs happily roll into one another.
With an iTunes library of some 4,000 tracks of this genre, I was pleasantly surprised to find only one identical duplication of stuff I already had (run-time and mix) and a few others where the mix was completely different, so those tracks were well worth saving. I found listening to this a relaxing experience, especially as I tend to favour hard trance/dance music. All in all, certainly worthy of my 4 stars I think.
on 19 December 2009
Quite a good cd, good to listen to in the car or at home, will buy again if they release a new one!! :)
on 10 April 2016
Absolutely brilliant. Takes me back to the life I so enjoyed at the nightclubs in the 90's and forgot about the world around me. How I wish them back back. I have since brought another one to play in the car so I can only recommend this to make you feel young and free again - you won't be disappointed.
on 31 August 2012
This is a very good solution for a dance party. The second cd is the best(maybe 3 or 4 bad songs from 21)and the third cd is the worst. The first cd is not mixed very good. But still has pretty much hits on it. Every cd has great hits though.
on 14 December 2011
This is a fantastic album which always has me up dancing, tune after tune literally reach for the lasers. This will have you jumping up & down for sure. ..immense! :)xx
on 1 March 2015
Fantastic album, owned a lot of similar albums from Ministry of Sounds, The Annual etc., but there are quite a few surprises on here. Highly recommend.
on 19 May 2014
Great c.d for anyone whose 30 something ,what a great era of dance music which will never be toped 😄🎤
on 22 August 2014