4.0 out of 5 stars decent socks
very good socks however not 100% blister proof, been doing military training and the only time they have given me blisters has been whilst tabbing (fast walking with weight) so fairly impressed as they are a thousand times better than issue socks
Published on 2 Jun. 2012 by andy

1.0 out of 5 stars Toooooo small
These would be a great sock if the manufacturer actually made them according to real shoe sizes. Im a size 9.5 but cant get these socks over my toes without a fight. Once on they are just too tight to wear as they stop my circulation. Get real 1000 mile and be honest with your sizing! If you are a size 9 to 10 you'll need to get xtra large if you can and if they exist. I...
Published on 30 Nov. 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars decent socks, 2 Jun. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable feet.....Superb, 9 Nov. 2011
These are warm, comfortable and my feet think they are in heaven...even when breaking in new boots.
BUT
Take care with your sizes. My size 10 feet take the XL product. They seem to be a small fit but when you get the right size on....HEAVEN.
Just what I expected from 1000M, I use their Running and Cycling socks as well. Great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth trying, 9 May 2011
Mr. Rw Whiteley "Rob Whiteley" (Lancaster, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 1000 Mile Men's Fusion Sock (Sports)
These were recommended by a running friend as a means to a) keep my Achilles tendons warm, as they're designed to do (they were sometimes aching after running in colder weather, even with warming down and stretching); b) generally look after your feet more on longer/more frequent runs. I've never had a problem with blisters though.

The socks work very well. Really comfortable to wear, and the benefits of keeping the Achilles tendons warmer seems to be working as they're definitely aching less than they used to.

The feeling of one layer working against another does seem a bit alien at first but you soon get used to it. In fact it's a nice feeling and normal socks seem kind of harsh in comparison. The only mild annoyance is you have to make sure you've stretched out and aligned the two layers correctly as they have a tendency to bunch up around the toe-end when you first put them on. Not a big problem though.

Overall, very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Immense!, 26 Nov. 2013
Let's be honest when you're talking hiking/mountain climbing, £10 isn't really an expense worth quibbling over.

I see that certain reviewers had a bad time with the socks, and whilst I do not doubt the integrity of their claims (which i'll come to later), the socks performed to a very high standard for me.

I wore them on a 10 day hike through the pyrenees during which I completely lost the trail (where it had been destroyed by flood) and ended up tackling some serious terrain. I didn't get a single blister and was in fact disappointed when I eventually switched to my medium weight hiking socks.

The reason that I do not doubt the negative reviewers is that at one stage whilst tackling a particularly steep section with all of my weight on my toes, I did start to feel some discomfort. You're talking fairly extreme stress though.

The science behind them seems to be the double layer, which allows any slippage/abrasion to occur between the two sock layers as opposed to between the sock and the skin. That may be wrong, but whatever it is it worked for me.

To sum up, I would buy them again and again unless they failed particularly horrendously over time. For £10 you'll be hard pushed to find better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't be without them now, 3 Nov. 2014
I had another pair of similar 1000 Mile socks, and needed an extra pair as I find I'm currently walking more frequently.

Initially not being used to walking regularly or over any distance at all, I quickly found that even moderate walks of a few miles were terrible on feet using standard or plain thicker socks. So I tried these. After only 2 or 3 tests at ~2 miles, I then went on a 9-miler in very hot, sunny conditions, which knackered just about every bit of me; except for my feet, which felt just as good as when I'd set off. A repeat attempt led to the same result.

Unlike others, I've never had any problems putting these on; just roll them up and put on to just over the ankle, put a few fingers into the sock at the ankle, tug the lining backwards until taught, and then roll the rest of the sock up your foot.

I'm now trying to walk 4-5 miles on an almost daily basis, and I've never had any problem at all with feet; as above, they often end up being the one thing I can rely on being fine at the end of the walk. Obviously you need the appropriate and well-fitting shoes/boots too. But I've tried using the same shoes with different socks and it is simply nowhere near as comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars 54 mile plus hike and no blisters!, 23 May 2014
D. Campbell (Aberdeen, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
I was advised to use these socks when I put in an entry for the Caledonian Challenge last year. The events aim is to raise money for local charities through the Scottish Foundation in the main, and entails a sponsored 54 mile hike, to be completed in under 24 hours. The challenge starts at Inverlochy on the Caledonian Canal and the first stage is into Fort William and the first check-point in Glen Nevis. The remainder of the challenge is on a reverse of the West Highland Way and ends in Glen Fillan, just to the South of Tyndrum.
Using some zinc oxide tape over the rear of both heels and changing the 1000 Mile socks at each of 5 check points left my feet in pristine condition at the end of this trek, some 20+ hours later. Of course the selection and breaking in of the boots had a lot to do with this but the sock selection was equally important. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Tried., 14 Oct. 2012
Was a little wary after reading other reviews saying they 'bunch' up at the toes. Decided to give them a go, and glad I did. Didn't suffer any 'bunching', and easy to put on if you gather the sock up and pull on from the toes first.
DO follow sizing advice of other reviews and definately go for a size larger.You're regular size WILL NOT fit.
These socks are of a superior quality to any other brand dual layer socks I have tried, with exceptionally smooth toe seams.
First time out was 26 miles continuous walking traversing 3 mountains on the way.
Not only were my feet devoid of any soreness, but also very dry, which was a welcome bonus as I do have particularly sweaty feet!
I would definately recommend these socks, and am about to order some more myself. Happy Walking :o)

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable!, 9 Nov. 2012
Mr. W. A. Inman "_will_" (UK - NOTTS) - See all my reviews
Have used these socks a few times and found them very comfortable.

They keep feet warm, wick away moisture to keep them dry and protect from blisters pretty well.

However, they don't protect from heel rub (I don't think any socks can really) with new walking boots. But a bit of zinc tape has sorted that easily.

Only other gripe is the 'toe box', bit of extra fabric that it meant to protect toes but it doesn't seem to fit very well and makes my toes go mad until it's seated right.

I'm size 8 and found the larger size fit pretty snuggly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing hiking socks, 14 Dec. 2014
This review is from: 1000 Mile Men's Fusion Sock (Sports)
These socks, along with a thin application of the Compeed anti-blister stick on key areas I know usually blister on my feet, meant that after a 100km hike over 25+ hours, my feet were in severe pain, but with no blisters. These socks are durable, keep your feet comfortable (not holding in all sweat).

To put this into perpective, everyone I was walking with or encountered (a hundred or so people over the course of the day) complained of at least one blister - I didn't have a single one. I can't recommend these socks enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awkward to put on and get crease free, felt ..., 24 July 2014
James Robertson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Awkward to put on and get crease free, felt uncomfortable to wear during training walks and was not going to use. However I walked 54 miles in 22 hours without changing socks. I did have a one blister which didn't erupt. I think this was more down to fact I had my walking shoes (Bodmin Karrimor Low III) broken in and laced up very tightly so my feet didn't move. Two others who took part with me on same walk feet were wrecked. Not prone to blisters so was it just my feet, the shoes or the socks. Not convinced it was the socks?

1000 Mile Men's Fusion Sock - Black, Medium