on 18 February 2012
Just what I needed. As the old 45s go in the cellar, the collection fast being replaced by CDs. Lots of tracks you all should know, but Yes some you will not. shame about this, but worth a buy all the same.
Those of us that were there and experienced the 'Swinging-Sixties' will tell you, we were
spoilt for choice, just when, in the early sixties we thought it couldn't get any better along
came 'The Mersey Explosion' led by the 'Fab-Four' also 'The Stones' emerged around
the same time.
However along came the 70's, the 'Beatles' had split, however we were about to get the
'Glam-Rock' invasion along with 'Greats' such as 'Abba' 'Queen' 'Meatloaf' and a whole
host of other artists bringing their brand of 'PoP' to the music-scene....again these were
indeed special times, this 5-CD compilation includes many of the artists and the songs
they brought to the table for us to enjoy, i'll again list a few samples from each of the discs
for you to deliberate about.......disc one......'Santana' --'She's Not There'........'Lou Reed' -
-'Walk on the Wild Side'.......'E.L.O' --'Mr Blue Sky' .......'Mott the Hoople' --'Roll Away the
Stone'........'Faces' --'Cindy Incidently'........'Cars' --'Best Friends Girl' .......and......'Patti
Smith' --'Because The Night'........just some of the seventies sounds on disc one........
disc two........'Sister Sledge' --'He's The Greatest Dancer'........'O'Jays' --'Love Train'.......
'Eruption' --'I Can't Stand the Rain'........'Linda Lewis' --'It's In His Kiss'........Three Degrees'
--'Woman in Love'........'Rose Royce' --'Wishing on a Star'........and........'Pointer Sisters' -
-'Fire'........again just some of the selection to be found on disc two........on disc three........
'Tony Orlando and Dawn' --'Knock Three Times'........'Middle of the Road' --'Soley Soley'..
'Baccara' --'Yes Sir, I Can Boogie' .......'Alvin Stardust' --'My Coo Ca Choo' ......'Peter
Shelley' --'Love Me, Love my Dog'........'Sarah Brightman and Hot Gossip' --'I Lost My
Heart To a Starship Trooper'.......and........'Dead End Kids' --'Have I the Right' .....some of
the many great numbers to enjoy on disc three........disc four........'Elvis' --'Moody Blue'.....
'Billy Paul' --'Me and Mrs Jones'........'Denice Williams' and 'Johnny Mathis' --'Too Much
Too Little Too Late' ........'Al Stewart' --'The Year of The Cat'........'Andrew Gold' --'Lonely
Boy'........'Simon and Garfunkel' --'America' .......and.......'The Walker Brothers' --'No Regrets'
...again, just a few of the many tracks on-board disc four to enjoy........on disc five........
'Bay City Rollers' --'Shang-A-Lang' .......'Hot Chocolate' --'Emma' .......'Bread' --The Guitar
Man'........'Main Ingredients' --'Just Don't Want To be Lonely'........'Suzi Quatro' --'Devilgate
Drive'........'Charlie Daniels Band' --'The Devil Went Down To Georgia'........and.......'Darts' -
-'Daddy Cool' ......one or two of the interesting tracks to enjoy on disc five.......
I have randomly selected half a dozen or so tracks from each of the discs on this 5-CD
compilation, to give an example of what's on offer on this collection......although arguably there
are certainly many great names and their songs not included on-board, however there is much
to enjoy and cherish, bringing back memories of this golden-age of 'Popular-Music'
Worth checking out....
on 14 March 2010
Brilliant collection of 70s stuff, a real mixture. Great few hours spent remembering what it felt like to be a teenager again!!
on 7 January 2013
The 70s CD is great except for the fact that there was only 4 CD's in the case when we opened it. CD 2 was missing.
I could return it but when I last looked no more were in stock and I don't want a refund.
It was shame as it was a present for someone else.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 April 2012
I've selected a five-star rating because even though I've heard a couple of songs that are not as I remember them originally, they still give pleasurable listening. Currently playing Disc 2 and can't wait to hear the rest! Most of what's here I haven't heard in a very long time. I grew up with Sixties/Seventies/Disco and love everything included on this album. If you need a playlist, I'm sure there's one given if you click on the album title. If not, I'll gladly tell you! Meanwhile, if you truly enjoy 70s music, I encourage you to buy this while it's still here. I'm very glad I did! The Album is filed under Sony Music on the sleeve.
on 11 November 2012
i loved this cd although there was a few songs i didnt remember. it is great for bringing back memories of your childhood. it covered lots of different types of music not just the usual ones. well worth the money and the enjoyment
on 8 May 2012
I bought this along with some other seventies boxed cd's only to find the cd contents on 4 of the cds of this box were actually off one of the other collections,this was duly returned and replaced by another... which was exactly the same!!! Therefore I highly recommend you avoid this at all costs!!
on 19 October 2013
If you would like to be transported back to the 70's then these CD's are for you. They contain pretty much all the best hits from that era.
on 1 December 2012
this dvd set has been used for a couple of parties and gone down very well with my guests bringing back a few memories of our youth
on 23 February 2015