5.0 out of 5 stars amazing sound. amazing price.
Published on 6 Oct 2010 by apophis

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality leads
These impressive sounding in-ear phones lasted me exactly three weeks before they failed. The leads fractured in several places as if the insulation had gone brittle. Very disturbing after the many reviews praising the PL 11 I had read. Fortunately the Amazon retailer involved aknowledged the problem and supplied the better quality PL30 as a rapid replacement.
Published on 20 Mar 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing sound. amazing price., 6 Oct 2010
This review is from: SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper (Electronics)
I am fussy when it comes to headphones. I have always bought Sony headphones before and am quick to check the frequency range in the technical requirements and wouldn't usually buy any for under £30. I was a bit wary of the glowing reviews these headphones received on here and wondered how they could sound so good for so cheap but it seems........they can! I use them with my iPod and generally listen to rock and electronic music. The sound is rich and bassy. Perhaps a bit too bassy for guitar based songs but a quick adjustment on my iPod EQ fixes this. The noise cancelling is excellent and you get loads of ear buds to accommodate for all sizes. They're ace!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless Sound Quality, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper (Electronics)
These headphones are a little out of my usual pair as i usually settle for a set of sennhieser in-ear headphones that set you back at roughly £40.
My mate recommended these as he said they had superb bass and and a gentle treble that softly interacts in the music to create a smooth sound finish and a very clean sound also.

The headphones come with all different shapes and sizes of in-ear buds to suit anyone with different shaped ears, even though i wouldn't recommend the foam ear buds if your ear canal rapidly decreases in width as this can effect the quality of the bass that you can hear through the ear buds.

Another good thing about these headphones is that both of the leads are the same size meaning that you do not wear it round the the neck. The reason i have brought this up is that i have problems in the past from headphones that you wear round the neck and the left earphone goes after a while due to general stress and wear and tear from constantly being tugged out of the ear.

Now onto the comfort...
I consider comfort to be the 2nd most important part of headphones since if you can't enjoy the music comfortably, you cannot enjoy the music. These fit in the ears very comfortably and do not stick out and therefore not causing stress on the cartilage.

The sound quality...
The sound quality is surprisingly very impressive for such a cheap set of in-ear headphones. The headphones manage to capture the right amount of bass and depth in the field of the music so as to create a natural reverb when you listen to it. The high frequencies of the music neatly glide over the top and in intense music, do not reduce the quality of the bass.

One slight problem i have had is from me being a perfectionist, when the music is turned up full, the headphones do surprisingly well to cope with such a demand. But then you can hear the quality is somewhat slightly effected in the bass end due to slight clipping from the higher frequencies.

Overall i would highly recommend as a good buy especially if you want them as a pair that you can use anywhere

5.0 out of 5 stars I really was 'listening magic sound, feeling SoundMAGIC!', 9 Dec 2010
These earphones are amazing value. They appear to be well constructed, and have a robust looking cable flex around the angled headphone jack, so they should hopefully last longer than others.

They come bundled with plenty of extras, including a massive bag full of spare ear buds, which is a nice touch, and a soft pouch to store the earphones in. The clip on the cable makes this a good choice for running etc and stops the earphones being pulled out.

Aesthetically, they look fantastic - classy, cool, and understated (mine came with black ear buds rather than the clear/white ones in the product image).

Finally, the SoundMAGIC PL11s sound phenomenal. They really do deliver on their promise of clarity twinned with strong bass response. Easily as good as, if not better than, an old pair of Sennheisers I had. The PL11s handle both fast, punchy basslines and longer, grimier drops flawlessly. Although I'm no techie, I do love my music, and I can't imagine a better sounding pair of earphones.

I recommend these earphones unreservedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and value for money, 13 Sep 2011
I was looking for a new set of earphones to replace my faulty sennheiser CX300s and decided to take a punt on these after reading several positive reviews in some audio forums. First thing I noticed was the great packaging, very professional and good looking. Next thing was the weight of them, not all light and flimsy which suggested decent quality drivers. Finally the sound, very well rounded, and not with the overblown bass that some isolating earphones have. A very good alternative to some of the branded earphones available at a similar or higher price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, 26 Dec 2010
This review is from: SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper (Electronics)
I'm really pleased with the sound of these headphones, especially for the price.
My only complaint is that the left and right channels are not clearly marked. I ended up putting a small piece of tape around the left channel wire to help me identify it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Amazing, 9 Dec 2009
S. Vijayan (Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper (Electronics)
This is an amazing in-ear earphones. If you don't wanna spend too much on a BOSE or SHURE and you wanna have a complete Bass filled earphones, then you should definitely try the SoundMAGIC PL11. I bought a Sennheiser CX 400 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones with Integrated Volume Control expecting it to be really cool and this product really made me sad cause it didn't match my expectations for the price I paid. Then I researched and wanted to try out other brands, since I couldn't afford brands like SHURE or BOSE. I then bought a SoundMagic PL11 and "WOW", it was one on the best products for its price. The bass effect is really amazing and its performance can be atleast matched to the performance of products which are 3 or 4 times the price of PL11.
I suggest you to buy SoundMAGIC PL11 any day and you wouldn't regret your buy.
AMAZING is just mere words in front of this Earphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Soundmagic PL11 in ear headphones, 24 Jan 2011
For their type and price these earphones sound really very good. However it is important to choose the correct size of earbud for you.
With the original fitted buds, the bass sound was poor, changed the buds,[a selection of sizes supplied] and the bass came to life while still keeping a fairly detailed mid and treble. Comfortable to wear and stay in place well.
If sound quality is most important to you however, maybe you should consider traditional headphones. If I compare the sound quality of the Soundmagic PL11's to Sennheiser HD202's, which I have had for a few years, the Sennheisers have a more detailed sound and are not much more expensive.
Overall though, a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cut to the chase !, 3 April 2012
K. L. Smith (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper (Electronics)
Having read all the reviews, I ordered them..and here is the final verdict THEY ARE FANTASTIC, what people are complaining about I dont know, great bass and clear treble, they deliver a fantastic sound for the money. Now I havent been paid by anybody or work for the company, I am trying to help you decide. If you dont yank them out of your ears and tug the jack-plugged they should last years. A nice carry bag, and different size ear-buds, all in all I am very pleased indeed. So you wont make a mistake in buying these, your biggest mistake is not buying them. Hope this helps you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality leads, 20 Mar 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars I have no idea how they have done this....., 7 Dec 2011
Mr. C. W. Burrows "Mr. C W Burrows" (Chichester UK) - See all my reviews
I have just recently purchased these as my old Bose in-ear have broken. I couldn't really afford another Bose so got these as a temporary measure.
The sound from these is on a complete level par. They sound fantastic, detailed high and mid with deep bass. When you get them try the different tips and ways of putting them in. I have no idea how soundMagic have created sound this good with such a small price tag. Im a massive audiophile with regards to sound quality, these are great. The bass is so powerful and accurate. Very impressed!

SoundMAGIC PL11 Earphones - Copper