on 11 November 2012
I got this card to expand the storage capacity of the computer. (4 X 2TB new drives.)The card doesn't not consistently recognise and maintain all the drives.(meaning some drive could be there and become unavailable). The maximum number of drives working consistently was 2.(any slot). Other cards can do that too!
System: Windows XP SP3 freshly installed
MB Asus P5K
4GB Ram
I worked atound the problem by using the 2 e-Sata sockets at the back of the MB.So I could achieve my goal but not through this card...
on 31 March 2015
Installed in an old Dell Dimension 3100 for use as a media backup storage solution. This gave me six Sata ports connected to an SSD,1 x 3Tb,4 x 2Tb.
Connected SSD boot drive to mainboard as didn't want to risk it not booting from the card.
Installed latest Win 7 driver and all disks showed up in windows explorer.
Prior to this tried a Startech card which gave a BSOD.
Backups to this PC were running at around 100 Mb/sec across a Gigabyte Lan, very adequate for the purpose. I didn't try to do the backups concurrently; rather sequentially to the five archive disks. My expectations were well met and can not fault the card thus far.

The day after I purchased the card, the price leapt up by 20 gbp - Why ??