5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun
This is another DVD choreographed (although not presented) by Gareth Walker, and if you're already familiar with his other M.O.S. workouts you'll know what to expect. This is quite dance based, but there are two options, one for beginners/intermediate and another for advanced, whichever you choose they both provide a good cardio workout. Where these are head and...
Published on 4 Jan 2010 by Duckworth Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars If you're a Deanne Berry devotee you will be disappointed
I bought this after enjoying the Pump it up workouts led by Deanne Berry. I am a Berry convert and a Davina fan, by and large. This Pump it up is a different animal and I thought that I would give it the benefit of the doubt. This DVD has many positives and the negatives are due to my personal preferences rather than anything technically bad.

This routine is...
Published on 19 Aug 2010 by Rumplestaleskin

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Too quick to follow so not fun, 11 Feb 2010
Caroline Coles "CC" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this after baby number 3 to burn some fat. I have only watched the warm up & I could not keep up with that! I did loads of aerobics in the 90's so would not class myself as a total beginner. The problem I have with this is you are shown a move once, then you do it and rather than repeating it say 4 times etc so you've got it, she then alters it. You are not quite sure if you have got it (as you are always told to check your position/posture) so instead of having the reassurance you are despirately trying to work out what to do next and what has changed. I need to block out timeslots to just watch it, work out what to do then start exercising. But that seems like a waste of time as you just want to get on with it, have some fun & exercise. I feel I am behind and need to do my homework! Not fun being bottom of the class. A few more helpful pointers like starting on the left foot and describing what they are doing rather than you having to watch, understand & do would have been better. It is still in mint condition in its case so maybe I'll give it to someone as a birthday present!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great dance workout from MoS and it does not disappoint, 19 Jun 2011
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
Another great dance workout from MoS and it does not disappoint - especially when you are expecting high energy, bright colours and thumping tunes.

There are 5 dancers in the group and I like that they are not all skinny - they are not intimidating at all and you almost wish you were there in the studio with them so you can go and hang out with them afterwards.

The instructor, a dancer rather than a fitness professional, is excellent at providing us with what we need to know but be warned it is quick and so much is happening that she is talking practically all the way through - not easy and she does a great job.

The format for learning the moves is handled well: she shows you the move, you and the girls do it and then while you are still doing that move she shows you the next one and cues you and the girls to join in. Works okay when the two moves are not complicated but if they are it is easy to get muddled - but you can just keep following her.

The routines are broken into 3 sections which you learn one at a time and then you get to put them together. Surely a very good format to work with? Well, normally yes but when you learn the moves they are repeated several times in order to get used to them - good so far. However, when they start merging together into the actual dance routine you only get to do the move one or two times before you're onto the next one. My memory is not good enough to cope with that so I was quickly out of step for good chunk of time.

I've done PowerMix 1 five times now and I actually feel it is coming together, I must be about 80% there with my legs and body, nearly in the same direction but the arms are not keeping pace. When you do learn the moves it feels a great achievement and the workout becomes so much fun.

Don't have expectations that you'll get to grips with this one quickly and you won't be disheartened - keep at it and see it as a challenge. The 20 minutes of the Powermix sections whiz by as you are concentrating so much.

Everyone probably should walk through it for the first time at least just to get an idea what is going on. Beginners can get something out of this one as you can take out the arms and jumps and just walk through it until you build your fitness levels and also learn the moves.

It's fast-paced with loads of moves and high energy so you cardio bunnies will have a great workout and loads of fun.
What you get:

Warm Up - 10 min
A good section to get you warm but also get to grips with what is expected of you
Tone - 12 min
Lots of squats and lunges in the same dancey format
PowerMix 1 & PowerMix 2 - 20 min each
High energy to pumping tracks that will keep your heart rate up and your brain concentrating
Abs & Stretch - 19 min
Lots and lots and lots of sit-ups, 8 press ups and standard leg and back stretches

MrsGoldsmith's Rating:
Fun:8/10
Fitness: 7/10
Will get your heart rate right up there
Value: 7/10
Give yourself time to learn the routines

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you've done this kind of thing before., 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this dvd to motivate me to get fit for skiing. I didn't get very far. Unless you are able to pick up a series of moves quickly then don't bother. I felt like a guy who'd been thrown into a dance class and was left out of time, out of shape and out of control at the back.

That's the last time I apply metrosexuality to my fitness choices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got to pump it up!, 20 April 2010
Maria Leggett "marialegs" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
This is a really good,fun workout. I have been working out for 20 years but this one still gets me sweating.The music is good,the pace is excellent admittedly the moves are quite tricky at first, and some of the cues could be better but when you get the hang of it, it becomes quite addictive.There is an excessive amount of `thrusting` and hair swinging but once you have got over the giggles it really is enjoyable. I do have loads of workout DVDs - Davina,Billy Blanks,Reebok step etc but this is the most fun out of all of them. I personally would prefer a longer, harder Abs section instead of the pointless hair swishing and if she says `thats the way` one more time I feel like screaming at the TV!The participants in the workout are all impossibly beautiful, tall and slim but there is one very cute guy to look at.I would reccommend more calf stretches because you do an awful lot of `pumping` on the calf muscles and they really will ache the next day.I Will definately buy more workouts in this series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun - but think twice if you have two left feet!, 30 Dec 2009
S. Rousell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
Good fun and great workout music, but if you are like me and have rubbish co-ordination maybe think twice before buying! The dance routines are fab but i think its going to take me a good few weeks before i pick them up fully. That said, i dont mind the fact that i keep rewinding back to try and grasp the moves as it is definitely making me smile and getting the heart rate up. One of the better exercise DVD's i own that's for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic workout - a great addition to any exercise DVD library! :), 20 Jan 2010
SLB (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD as soon as it was released, as I own all the other Pump It Up DVDs and rotate them every day to very satisfying effect. I was delighted with it and would recommend it to anyone, whether you're just starting out with fitness DVDs or you've got a whole shelf of them! There are easier options for all the harder moves throughout the DVD, so you can choose which option you follow depending on how much you want to challenge yourself, which is great for building up your fitness.
The music is fabulous as always, the girls look great in bright, cute outfits with slim yet attainable figures to keep you motivated, and the instructor is very clear and helpful, explaining and demonstrating each move at least four bars in advance while you're continuing the moves that the backing girls are doing, so you can see what you're about to do. The DVD has a great pace and keeps you interested throughout, with fun routines and moves that leave your body tired but invigorated. The dance routines are not the easiest but after several times of doing the DVD you gradually find you're able to do more and more! I particularly love the toning section of this DVD, it's one of the best of all the 'Tone Up' sections in the Pump It Up range - an excellent routine that has already had a very pleasing effect on my legs and bum, perfect for tightening up those soft bits we're all left with after the excesses of Christmas!
The Abs & Stretch section at the end is also one of the strongest of all the Pump It Up DVDs, with challenging sit-up variations that leave you feeling really taut and fit.
I wouldn't say this is my absolute favourite of the Pump It Up range (last year's 'Aeroburn' gets that accolade, while the 'Dancemix' one is, I think, the weakest) but it's a worthy addition to your fitness DVDs. If you're the kind of person who likes to have lots of workout DVDs to choose from, you'll love it.
Happy exercising!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too hard and too fast!, 19 Feb 2010
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD as a fun way to keep fit in my living room! I enjoy the warm up and tone sections, but the main dance workout is just too hard. It's not that the moves look complicated, but they're not explained properly for using them the first time which means I keep having to stop and pause and rewind the DVD and listen really carefully. I used to dance regularly and thought I'd be fine, but it's just too difficult and as a result I haven't used it much and wish I hadn't bothered buying it. But seeing as I have I'm going to get my friend round who is a dance teacher to try and help me figure it out! Also, for the cool down section at the end you need a mat to do it on- way too painful on a normal floor, so you'd need to spend more money to make it a success!

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get through it, 23 Nov 2010
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
I was given this DVD by somebody who didn't need it. I'm only 17 and I'm definitely not in bad shape, although I haven't done any structured excersize for about a year - but I'm not a complete couch potato! Anyway, the warm up had me close to collapsing and 5 minutes into toning I just flopped onto my sofa and couldn't move for 15 minutes. I used to have a DVD from the 80's which, although incredibly dated, was simple but burned up calories like a dream. But in this they didn't break down the moves or give you any time to get a grip of what you were supposed to be doing - plus they don't allow time to have a drink of water. You're launched into this full on dance routine where you're given about 4 seconds to learn what to do next and each body is doing a different thing and then 5 seconds later you're doing something different. It was good in that the presenter was good and the music was fun, but I felt like a complete failure just lying there and thinking 'How unfit am I if I can hardly get through the warm up!?'. You definitely have to be a dancer to make this work for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the heart racing!, 20 Jan 2010
Nicola in South Yorkshire "nicola_in_southyorks" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
I love this workout, and Dominique is a great instructor and motivator. Beware though, this is hard work and if you are new to exercise and fitness routines then I wouldn't recommend it. However, I have worked up to this by doing some easier routines and consequently have found that I get along fine with the Pump It Up workout.

The workout moves at a very fast pace, and some of the steps and actions are difficult to pick up at first, but that is just practice, and I can tell this is a workout that will really do me some good. It certainly makes me sweat! The music is fab too and really helps me want to carry on working out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Music Good Moves = Slimmer Me, 14 Mar 2010
Gemma Bent - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] (DVD)
At first I totally didnt get the moves and yes we are moved along at a somewhat fast pace but after my third attempt I knew what she was talking about (the lovely instructor) and have perfected the moves with each time I workout. I've lost a substantial amount of weight, eight pounds so far and have got my flat stomach back hehe so I'm thankful to this product and those who created it. I'm so impressed by the choreography that has made it so fun that I'm going to buy other ministry workouts done by the same man I can't remember his name but he is talented and cant wait to try the aeroburn. good luck exercisers. Kind Regards Gemma

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD]
Ministry of Sound: Pump It Up 2010 [DVD] by Various Artist (DVD - 2009)