5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, worth paying that bit more!
Although it's slightly pricier than normal whey proteins, this actually tastes better & mixes easily with water or milk (I recently started using Soya Milk & in all honesty, it's the best tasting shake I've ever had using this combination. Try it!).

Published 14 months ago by R41han77

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and tastes of sweetners
Taste is obviously an opinion that will differ from person to person but for me it just tasted like sweetners. not nice at all!
Published 7 months ago by LG

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, worth paying that bit more!, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey Protein Powder Drink Mix Chocolate 1590g (Personal Care)

Normally whenever I used protein shakes, I'd get a residue of unmixed (therefore unused) protein powder at the bottom of my bottle, which can be a pain to remove. No such issues with this, it mixes perfectly every time, all that you put in is used in the mixture & you don't even need to shake it too vigorously, just 10-15 secs is usually enough for me.

I'm slightly lactose intolerant & some shakes I've had (or days where I've had shakes 2-3 times: breakfast, post-training &/or snack later in the day), caused me to have an upset stomach, with an uncomfortable feeling, hoping I can hit the lavatory before any 'accidents'. Not easy when you're working, believe me. And you know those protein farts you get with ordinary shakes? Neither problem with this one.

I've used it for over a month & already seeing benefits & better gains in muscle. I won't be using any other shakes & I am prepared to pay just a little more for a quality product that works for me. As it's protein isolates (best quality protein), I'll be getting more out of my training without the issues I've had with normal shakes.

I recommend this 100%. It's one that is working for me (at long last!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but does have its down sides...., 11 Feb 2014
I have been using Optimum Nutrition’s Platinum Hydrowhey for a Month now and I can confirm that I am extremely pleased with the results.

The protein gets into the system faster than a rat up a drain pipe and I have gained loads of size over this period.

I went for the Supercharged Strawberry Flavour to match my supercharged lifestyle of working in an office and I can confirm that the additional muscle has definitely helped! I am now able to carry many more letters to the post bags and I can pretty much do the entire tea run in one go. (Not all though as one of my colleagues has one of those ridiculous pint sized mugs which throws the whole thing off).

The taste is good; it’s creamy and not over-powering. Very similar to a popular milkshake brand with a rabbit on… that I’m pretty sure I won’t be allowed to mention for some copyright infringement… or something…
However I must report that there are some downsides;

1. People try and steal it; I caught two colleagues in our kitchen helping themselves’, despite my name being written in bold marker on the lid. Naturally I dropped them. Also my colleague Marcus is constantly begging for a bit and telling me how inferior his Whey is to mine, it’s too expensive to Share and the constant begging is annoying.

2. People expect you to help them more; since I gained additional size my Nan is constantly asking me to move the stone bird table around the garden as apparently the birds like ‘a little holiday’ once a week. Also, if an old man gets up on the bus before it stops and is subsequently sent flying 15ft from where he was standing by it coming to a sudden halt, YOU will be expected to be the one to pick him up…

3. People will challenge you; the local youths outside my office are constantly asking me if I can throw a shoe over a house or fight one of their dads, this becomes tedious.

4. People will be jealous of your gains; some skinny guy said my arms looked like corned beef the other day.

Overall a good product, despite the obvious draw backs mentioned above.
Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, 18 Feb 2013
been using this protein for a few months now..definatly a good protein but quite expensive but a think its worth the money as a do see an improvement in ma bodyshape for the better and it has nil lactose in it which is good for not getting the runs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, tastes good, mixes well with water/milk, 28 Aug 2013
I've been using this product for about 4 months, along with Gold Standard Whey by ON.
Hydro Whey really helps to meet my nutritional goals with 30 grams of protein per scoop.
I've been using the product with water mostly, and it mixes really well comparing to a couple of other brands that I used before.
I've also been using this product in some recipes, such as protein bars, where it also performs well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best protein on the market!, 20 April 2013
Highly recommend this supplement for those who want lean muscle and low body fat. The reason its a little more expensive than other protein powders, is because it is best out there. The protein is Hydrolysed making it enter your system in minutes and the BCAA content is high so muscle catabolism is not an issue after training. When mixed its like water, it tastes great and goes down easy. Also couldn't find it any cheaper than on Amazon as subscriber.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a sensitive gut, worth every penny., 4 Nov 2013
I've tried pretty much every brand and type of protein shake. Without fail after about 3 days, my guts are in knots. This stuff, no problem, does what you would expect a shake to do (good to maintain and build weight) with none of the "after effects". YES it is expensive, I see people say it so much and this is my third tub so I should know. So le me give you some advice, if you can stomach the cheaper stuff DO NOT buy this as you will feel ripped off because the results aren't any better than the norm. BUT if like me, you have a sensitive gut this stuff is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars gr8 !!, 2 Aug 2013
i know this stuff is a little bit expensive , but if you want the best results get it , mix it up with some hmb & zma , start pushing them heavy weights and grow.

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and tastes of sweetners, 9 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great whey protein product, 8 Sep 2013
One of the greatest whey protein isolate products in the market as far as I experienced. The mixability is outstanding. I literally just use a fork to dissolve my serving within seconds of stirring. The taste is good, probably not the best as I tried better tastes from other companies. I would be really grateful if ON starts to manufacture their products unflavoured as I am recently trying to avoid any synthetic sweeteners. However, adding milk improves the taste by several magnitudes. The price is very reasonable, given the fact that you are paying for 99% whey isolate (means 30g serving contains approximately 30g of protein). The amino acid profile of the product with added glutamine is unbeatable. Overall, I would recommend this product for athletes serious about gaining lean muscle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Prefer the chocolate, 7 Nov 2012
I normally use the chocolate flavour but thought I would give this a try. In my opinion it is not as nice as the chocolate but is still better tasting then a lot of the other protein drinks on the market by far. It also mixes really easily so there's no messing about when you want a quick shake

ARRAY(0xaba19cc0)