on 14 September 2011
VERY effective stuff. i tried fybogel and nothing. This is the same stuff that is in fybogel, but pure. It is not diluted down.

Read up on how this stuff works and you will realise why it is so useful - basically the stuff swells up when swallowed and goes through your pipes like that sink unblocker stuff.

Forget the fancy brand names, none of them worked as good as this did for me - and this is much cheaper - and there is tons of it! it should last for many months.

A a big spoon of this into a big glass of water, stir, and down the hatch - no mucking around. you should also drink plenty of water throughout the day as well.
on 16 December 2011
This is just some awesome stuff! I have a serious digestion problem and my GP told me to take Fybogel. After trying a packet I soon realised that its not effective enough. This one with Psyllium Husk really does work. Saying that I "highly recommend" this is an understatement. I'm on my 3rd tub now.
on 2 June 2012
I wanted powdered psyllium husk. There are two kinds of this product, the powdered product, which packs down much more densely, and the flaky husks, which are much lighter. They both work the same way but I am used to the powdered product as I know exactly how much to use of it. Using the lighter flakes, you need much more for the same effect. This one says it is powdered - both on the Amazon listing and also on the tub - but it isn't. It is the normal flakes of husk. Not a problem in itself but it worries me when a company cannot label its products accurately. It makes me think they don't know much about the stuff they are selling. Also, this was not the cheapest. I paid the extra because it was powdered, but it turns out it is the same as the non-powdered stuff I could have bought for less. Hence only two stars. Does that sound mean? No, I think it's fair. When you buy stuff online you can't see it so you rely on accurate product description.
on 7 January 2013
Yep, Yep, Yep, Works within 24hrs, The next morning, I had a dump of the day that King Kong, would have been proud of. I now have a teaspoon with a pint of water a day and im back to normal regularity, Works alot better than Fibergel which ive tried in the past, Would recommend having a decent multivitimin and mineral at a different time of day, as high fibre like this does absorbe nutrients on the way through, leaving you with lack of some. I know feel lighter and have more energy without that bloated sluggish feeling in my bowels, Would recommend
on 27 June 2012
This is an excellent form of fibre and does exactly what it says on the tin. Rather than buying sachets of products like Fybogel, this is a hugely better value option and almost exactly the same thing. Mix with freshly juiced fruit to make a delicious drink that fills you up aswell.
on 12 February 2013
Having bought the Psyllium husk before and really liking it, I was disappointed to find this was noo the same. My own fault, I never noticed it was powder. It didn't mix well and I found it unpleasant to take. The other one I bought was easily mixed in orange juice making it taste and have the texture of orange juice with the bits in. Altogether more pleasant. The affects were similar, but I just don't like this version. The coarser one was better and for me, more effective.
on 15 August 2013
Bought this to help increase my fibre content. Does the job - minimises any bloatedness and keeps regularity! Massive container, should last for ages. I find it's easier to drink if I stir immediately and leave in the glass of water for a minute or so. It softens the husk and makes drinking a little easier. I don't find it difficult to consume at all - good product.
on 8 June 2016
OK, this product is more expensive than some of the others on Amazon but the quality is excellent. There is absolutely not taint to the taste when mixed with water which is not the case with the cheaper products I have tried.
on 1 September 2014
Worked a treat on my German Shepherd Puppy who had a very loose stool but now it's normal!
on 15 March 2012
Getting fed up with being uncomfortable and bloated, tired of eating Fibre Plus bars all of the time and even though I drank 1.5 litres of water daily I knew that increasing my water intake wouldn't solve my problem. Missing all of the great fibre products in the States I decided to take the plunge and purchase the Psyllium Husk Fibre. (I had previously tried the capsule version of this from Holland and Barretts without much luck.) This does exactly what it says. My minimum water intake is still 1.5 litres sometimes more. I couldn't be happier, well I could if my favourite fibre products from the States made their way over here, but until then I will be placing repeat orders of the Psyllium Husk Fibre.