5.0 out of 5 stars How on earth did I manage without it!
Published on 11 Feb. 2013 by Mariana

2.0 out of 5 stars Caution!!
Published 15 months ago by Moiraine Sedai

5.0 out of 5 stars How on earth did I manage without it!, 11 Feb. 2013
Mariana (West Country, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
This was on my wish list for a long time and was shown as £20 cheaper than I could buy it from a well known department store. I was delighted that I was given it for Christmas. I wonder how on earth I managed without it....apart from my sewing machine it is the most useful gadget I have owned. It does look a little strange and the shaft and tip get very hot, but if it does the job and you are aware of the potential danger, there is no problem. I do a lot of foundation patchwork and use very tiny pieces of fabric so this little iron is perfect for the tiny seams. I use it at right angles to my machine and it is so much simpler than having my big iron in use. One word of warning though.....when using it for the first few times the cable is very stiff and it is very easy for it to twist and fall off the little stand that comes with the iron. I managed to weld the tip to the plastic part of the stand the first time I used it but once it cooled down it was easy to prise them apart!! I have remedied that by buying the proper stand and it does a much better job. I've reviewed the stand separately. Two of the extra tips available are on my wish list but I guess I'll be buying them for myself some time in the future! I have no idea how much electricity it uses but it's not used continually. I thoroughly recommend this item.

2.0 out of 5 stars Caution!!, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
Yes, it works and works well on the baby cloths that I am making for my various grandchildren but it is also badly designed. The plastic heat guard does not go all around the main shaft and it is so easy to burn your fingers when you are consentrating on delicate ironing (look for yourself on the expanded view). If I had purchased it from Amazon and not from a craft show I would send it back immediately as I have burned myself quite badly. As it is I will be contacting Clover themselves when I have investigated who they are or sending it through to the HSE.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!! Dangerous little blighter!, 28 April 2011
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased the mini iron II from a nice ebay seller and was excited to try it for the first time today.

It is an odd looking thing and at first I wondered which way around it was meant to be held. Once I had worked it out by looking at product pictures I switched it on. It takes a while to heat up compared to a regular household Iron, but once it does...watch out!

I inadvevertently touched the long metal shaft between the red plastic 'safety' handle and I have a very nasty 2 inch burn to show for it! I am not a major clutz, it's just very easy to hurt yourself with this instrument because in my opinion it is very poorly designed from a safety perspective.

I bought it for pressing applique and if you can hold it safely it definitely does the job. I have considered taping a silicone pan holder (the flat kind) around the red casing to prevent me burning myself again, but really I don't feel I should have to modify a product which cost me over £30 just so it is safe!!

Buyer beware. Ouch!!! WHere did I leave that ice pack :(

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
doesn't iron anything satisfactory. I waited 15 mins for it to get hot but still doesn't get hot enough to put a crisp crease in even the lightest poly cotton fabric. Awkward to use. stick to standard iron. Waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and Nifty, 8 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
I love my Clover mini iron as it saves me having to hop up and down to press seams when I'm patchworking, and it also uses much less electricity than my big iron.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pressing in tight spaces, 21 Feb. 2012
M. Batey (Scottish Borders) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased this mini iron mainly to press 'in the hoop' patchwork projects using my embroidery machine. It is ideal for this purpose and has 2 heat settings - high and low. It has to be used with a pressing pad (obviously) in this kind of situation and one has to remember to remove the pad afterwards! The cage around the stem of the iron protects the fingers but care still has to be taken as the iron and stem does get very hot when on high. I am sure it will prove very useful for more intricate pressing work when doing general sewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely little iron, 30 May 2010
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
I am thrilled with my little iron. It is perfect for ironing fusible webbing for "leaded glass" applique.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Iron Helper, 19 May 2011
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
The best little 'BIG' helper I have purchased so far. It succeeds where a regular iron fails. Easy to use and the changeable heads make it a must have for all types of heat pressing. Wish I had bought one years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Item, 29 Aug. 2010
Cecilia Hope (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
This is great for making dolls clothes, embroidery, applique. It has changeable heads that can be purchased seperately. I could not do without it.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 7 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Clover Mini Iron (Kitchen & Home)
bought this having seen it demonstrated with the extra heads as well, doesn't do the job for me, I have returned to using my travel iron - really disappointed in this product

Clover Mini Iron