Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 March 2004
If you are familar with Ayreon and you like it, you can't pass up the opportunity to own this album. Whilst not a good as the genius of 'Into the Electric Castle' this is quality release from Arjen. Familiar Ayreon trademarks abound, numerous singers, excellent musical arrangements and a spacey-fantasy type feel. If you don't mind music that's a bit abstract in its story, go for this. Personally I don't read much into lyrics; I focus on the music, and for prog fans this is a real treat.
Recommended.
on 2 June 2011
You could say this a typical Ayreon release but I must say that as a fan of everything from the Electric Castle onwards I was a bit disappointed. The usual variation of singers, musicians is there and a concept that fits with the idea's Arjen has used on other CD's but, although I can't quite put my finger on it, this just doesn't hit the spot. As an example I would give all the Ayreon albums after this 5 stars. Don't get me wrong if you like the music of Lucassen there will be parts of this CD that will have you thoroughly enjoying yourself, I just don't feel that it stands up against the quality of the other CD's he has released.