4.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty good!
I was actually a bit worried about what this game was going to be like after I had read some reviews and saw some videos dipicting gameplay. The reviews said it was a dull, boring and lifeless game with really bad controls, but I decided to get it anyway as I am a huge fan of the Star Wars Battlefront franchise.

I have to say I was not dissapointed with the...
Published on 6 Jan 2010 by Mr. Alexander F. Mascart

2.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars Elite Squadron- that's what it should have been!
Published on 11 Dec 2009 by M. Bilewicz

4.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty good!, 6 Jan 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)

I have to say I was not dissapointed with the game at all! It provides fast-paced space battles and action-packed ground battles. The campaign is really good, although it is a bit easy. The instant action was always my favorite mode on previous battlefronts and this does not dissapoint! Although there is only 4 players the battles seem to be intense as the characters respawn quickly which give a promising illusion of constant gameplay.

The biggest downie to the game for me is the fact that the 'elite squadron' franchise is advertised as being the first in the series to be able to fly directly from ground to space to capital ship. Yet, the DS version does not let you do this. You are forced to play them all seperatly...which is a shame. The good about this is that LucasArts have made the 3 'instant action' games flow very smoothly. What I mean is when you start an instant action mode you select what order you would like to play the 3 parts of gameplay in (these are 'ground', 'space' and 'capital ship'). So you would play one battle, then you would play the next, and then you would play the last. Simplez! Another plus side is that there is absolutely no loading time at all. This means you can go from one battle to another without taking your eyes of the screen-which adds to the illusion of a seemless battle.

PROS
--------

*Fun gameplay.
*Intuative use of battle posititions taylored to the DS's requirments.
*In-depth campaign that explores areas from the films.
*Decent Online/multiplayer
*nice variety of instant action modes. ('free-for-all', 'team game' and 'hero mode')
*no loading times - at all - ever!

CONS
--------

*Lack of seemless instant action as seen on the PSP.
*Lack of up/down controls in space battles.
*The top-down view on gameplay.

I would definately recommend this game to fans of Star Wars and/or action games!

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favourite game!, 7 Jan 2010
S. D. Cann "Canny" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my son for Christmas. Or rather, Father Christmas did!!! My son says that it is the best gane he got for Christmas! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars star wars battlefront, 26 May 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I brought this game for my son and it was so much better than we expected, i wish i had brought it for him earlier. Would recommend this seller to any buyer.

2.0 out of 5 stars Star Wars Elite Squadron- that's what it should have been!, 11 Dec 2009
M. Bilewicz "Mehow80" (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
The main problem of the game is its title- 'Star Wars BATTLEFRONT Elite Squadron'. We as customers expect fast-paced battles in the Star War universe where the player captures command points and bleeds the other side (usually the Rebels as we all love the Empire =P) to the death. The issue here is that the game is not actually that but rather a third-person adventure game where you complete objectives in order to achieve certain goal. Battlefront has always been known for fantastic multilayer where an active community was recreating famous battles from the Star Wars universe. On the DS version this is limited to 4 players and very short, unsatisfying battles that are fought [as far as I know] without any vehicles. This must be seen as one of the major faults of the game because it separates it from the rest of the Battlefront family. The focus of the game is therefore the single player campaign where we fight as X2- one of two special troopers who were cloned from DNA of a Jedi. The Storyline is engaging and successfully portrays the events from the Clone Wars to the struggle between the Rebellion and the Empire [yay!] and beyond. The gameplay is usually fun and manages to keep the player occupied however it can be frustrating at times. The controls work fine but auto-locking might be a problem- this tends to happen especially when the player tries to run backwards and fire at the enemy at the same time [I guess they don't like cowards in the SW universe ;p]
Graphics are outstanding and the music is top notch- this can be seen especially well during the space battles.
The problem I encountered was the lack of ability to replay a mission in the campaign. I wish I had a second chance to blow that massive Star Destroyer with my little X-wing! The overall length of the campaign is also an issue as I managed to finish it in 4.5 hours.
The last Boss is a joke with ridiculous amount of health and cheap tricks. Beware- the game is really easy up to this point.
I also feel that the AI could be improved a little bit. Sometimes the stormtroopers just... stand there!

Overall This game is very mediocre- Star Wars fans will be entertained with the story and kept happy with the awesome space battles but casual players will probably hate it. Give it a try if you want.

2,5/5

4.0 out of 5 stars Battlefront: Elite Squadron, 15 Aug 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My eight-year-old son badgered for this for some time before I caved in but I am glad I did so as he is thoroughly enjoying it and, when I look over his shoulder to see what is going on, I am amazed at the clarity and sophistication of the graphics. A good buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Much worse than PC game, 7 Aug 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I have played the PC versions of Starwars Battlefront before and this DS version is really poor in comparison. You have much less options. I think it sucks!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for star wars fans, 1 Feb 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Good for star wars fans but it's not like the other battlefront games, on the ds any way.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite Boring!, 7 Nov 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
When I got this game I was quite dissapointed with the outcome, the graphics are quite good for DS but there are not many selections for which class you want to be. (Different classes have different guns) The contrlos aren't that fidgity but from what I have played so far it doesn't look like you are allowed to play with a lightsaber at all. The annoying thing is you battle Jedi with your guns but it is extremely confusing and difficult.
I would not reccomend this game.

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (Nintendo DS)