5.0 out of 5 stars Erm... It's a ruler
It's made of metal, its very straight and it has measuring marks! What else can I say? Oh yeah! I suppose it is very good value for money and will probably be the last one I ever buy. Well worth it
Published on 15 May 2012 by Mike

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality item, markings rub away
Published 19 months ago by Aiolos

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality item, markings rub away, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Silverline 731001 Aluminium Scale Tri Rule 300mm (Tools & Hardware)
As other reviews have commented, this is indeed a very affordable aluminium scale ruler. Unfortunately it is of very poor quality. First one delivered had sharp bent corners and smudged scale; the replacement (which did arrive promptly) was scratched, but I could live with that. I've now had it for a few months and after only light usage and occasional carrying it around in a bag with other items the scale markings are substantially rubbing away. Buy cheap, buy twice: not recommended unless you need a scale ruler very rarely for minimal desktop use only.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, 25 Oct 2013
The ruler looked great when opened but after a few weeks the lines and numbers started to wear off. Now I have a useless piece of metal!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 2 Mar 2013
I am very pleased with this ruler. Looks nice. & Was delivered very quickly. Previous comments allude to the markings coming off. If they do I will let you know. Excellent price. Time will tell if its worth it.
Cancel that within weeks the markings are coming off & this product is useless except for stirring paint. I took a chance & it went south. Hey ho learn from my mistake.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful., 18 Feb 2014
As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. And this is that in all of its glory. Looks great but, when you align it to graph paper then you will see that the markings are slightly out, which will give a false measurement if you are trying to draw plans to an exact scale. Not recommended, sorry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish paint, 18 Feb 2014
The painted markings have worn off the ruler in a matter of months rendering it useless. Wish I had spent more as I will have to but another now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scale Ruler, 5 Dec 2012
I bought this ruler for my degree course and as a student the cost of this amazed me. Now i know why, it was perfect for about a month- then the numbers started smudging on the ruler and the ink rubbed off onto my paper, i now cannot read anything on the scales and its smudges all over my fingers. Really unhappy with this product especially as I've only had it for such little time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Erm... It's a ruler, 15 May 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but beautiful, 23 Feb 2012
Silverline Aluminium Scale Tri Rule 300mm

I was looking for a cheap scale ruler to help with some plans for our house extension. I wanted cheap as this was unlikely to be used after this project. What a surprise when it arrived ahead of schedule and with a quality that I would have expected from a much more expensive product.
Well done to the supplier I can't praise them enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Oct 2011
This scale ruler is much better than my old plastic one I had, which broke, hence why I invested in a new Aluminium one and it actually cost less than my plastic one I had!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product for the price!, 6 Nov 2010
I needed a scale ruler for college, and found this one very cheep and perfect for the job, the only down side I've found is the ends are a little sharp and have torn a hole in my pencil case, other than that its great :)

Silverline 731001 Aluminium Scale Tri Rule 300mm