5.0 out of 5 stars showroom great
I use show room shine on a 08 plate car. and my car is a dark colour ,ive used this now for 1 year and my god it brings the car to a gleam and such a shine.For the winter I do use auto glym juts to enhance protection.
Published on 30 July 2010 by Mr. A. A. Seely

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not that good
I came across showroom shine via a TV shopping channel (sorry Amazon) and admittedly was taken in by the claims and demonstrations. Fortunately this product isn't a complete con but neither is it the miracle cleaner Greased Lightning claim it to be.

Published on 22 July 2010 by B. Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars showroom great, 30 July 2010
This review is from: Greased Lightning Showroom Shine 1Ltr + 2 Microfibre Cloths Waterless Car Polish
when using this I find that its best on cloth in akward areas , you could even wash the car before using SHOW ROOM SHINE.then use it on the cloth(micro fibre)wipe off with another cloth and then use another clean microfibre cloth to bring that shine up. If car gets dusty after a week just rince off car with cold or warm water , then use a microfibre cloth to dry . so so easy to use .
i recommend this . i take mine on holiday too take 25 mins for a quick clean..

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, amazing product!!!, 10 Oct. 2009
J. R. Gresham (UK) - See all my reviews
I am not easily convinced to buy gimmicky items but I bought this one. I was ready to give it a go but to be honest I didn't think it would be that good. I also don't like being wrong...so I was really amazed that this product was so wonderful. I dont have to mess with washing the car with water every time and to apply the product and get a showroom shine only takes 10 minutes at the most. My brother-in-law comments on the look of my car every time he sees it and even at the garage the mechanics comment on the look of the paint. My car is now 7 years old and she shines like a newbie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Give yourself..., 18 Jan. 2011
....plenty of time if you wish to use this product.

I'm not one for gimmicks either - but I do like my car to be clean and presentable, so I decided to give this product a go.

On the whole I am very pleased with the results BUT.... you simply cannot use this product properly if you are in a hurry, or if the paintwork on the car is too warm.

I usually wash the car first using a good quality wash and wax shampoo, rinse off and then use a microfibre cloth impregnated with the product to go over trim, bumpers, windows and the paintwork just before it's completely dry. That little bit of residual moisture on the car makes all the difference in its application and you very quickly see that 'showroom' finish. I agree that it should not be used on windscreens - in my experience it does cause glare at night, but mirrors and glass elsewhere come up a treat.

As for bugs - well, I haven't found it to be that effective to be honest - and please don't fall for that trick with the tar. It doesn't work. The only thing that does get tar off the car properly is WD40 (plenty of it!), and a bit of elbow grease.

That said I have used Greased Lightning around the home on mirrors and windows inside and out with amazing results - absolutely no water required, and the uPVC comes up a treat as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but not that good, 22 July 2010
B. Bell "Gubs" (Ayr, UK) - See all my reviews

Firstly, the liquid dries to a milky white coating when applied so unless you apply on a windless day and are meticulous about wiping and buffing, you'll inevitably spray this everywhere. Spray it onto the cloth instead before wiping on and remember to stand downwind of the car or else you'll ruin your hard work!

Secondly, do you really think you can effectively clean a car without washing it, especially getting into the nooks and crannies between panels and inside the front grille? As the white spray gets everywhere, if you're not careful the time you think you're saving will be spent pushing cloths into these tight spaces. If you simply rub this straight on, your car will look a mess upon close inspection which defeats the point of using it.

That said, showroom shine isn't a bad cleaner. It does cut through grime and tree sap easily, bugs vanish with a little rubbing but tar is another matter. Reviews elsewhere reckon that the maker's claims of tar and spray paint wiping off easily are only valid with a good precoat of showroom shine before the contamination lands on the paintwork. Must admit though, it makes glass sparkle and once buffed, paintwork does have a deep shine.

In hindsight, I should have realised that (as with most things in life) Showroom shine isn't a substitute for elbow grease. So yes, I'm back to washing with soap and water but will definitely rub this on afterwards as a final polish. Bummer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, 21 Jun. 2014
Bought the Greased Lightening from Amazon after seeing a presentation on a shopping channel and I thought I'd give it a go.
It's brilliant and really easy. I'm a real clean car freak and my car looks like it's just come from the showroom with very little effort! Even my hubby was impressed.
I'm sure I'll be using it for other jobs around the home pretty soon and will have to invest in another bottle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 1 April 2011
Make sure to look out for offers on this as it is expensive, sometimes you can get a 2 for the price of 1 offer. My friend lent me her showroom shine for me to try and I was so pleased with the shiny effect that I bought my own. This is an excellent product and I would recommend it very highly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good, but no substitute for paintwork sealant., 31 Oct. 2012
I was a little worried about using a waterless cleaner on my vehicle, being a diehard wash/wax person, and it took a lot of persuasion for me to use this product.
Its claim to fame is its rapid cleaning and polishing ability, and showroom shine.
I tried it on my vehicle, which is black in colour. Whilst I dispute the claims to polish your car in 15 minutes or whatever,it does make the exercise relatively simple. Spray on a generous amount, wipe on, and wipe off.
Took me about 45 minutes to do an estate car, and I was very impressed with the result. The shine was amazing, and there was a distinctive gloss that could be felt.
I have used the product several times now, and it was only last week that I discovered its MAJOR DRAWBACK. Having left my vehicle covered in leaves for a couple of weeks (due to work abroad), I returned to find the paintwork badly blemished with outlines of the leaves. Try as I may, I couldnt shift the marks, except by using an abrasive cleaner.
My wifes vehicle, also covered in the same leaves, but treated with a sealant called Supagard, was not affected.
So my conclusion is that its a fairly good product, but doesnt offer the protection of a decent paintwork sealant.
Great pity.
I'll probably carry on using it for the odd quick polish, but thats all.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best I've Seen!, 8 Jun. 2011
MrE (E Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
OK Firstly I am always suspicious of different companies saying "we make the best car wax and polish"......i then buy it and it's either no better than anything I've already used or total rubbish that i wouldn't clean my wheely bin with!

BUT.....This Carnauba Wax by Greased Lightning Really does give my car a showroom shine, It has that New Car look that you really only see either when it's new or cleaned by professionals using very expensive chemicals and equipment like "diamond bright" which is a rip off in my opinion!

My car is Pearlescent Black and when i apply this wax, you can see all the silver flakes in the paint, aside from the few scratches you get naturally with all cars, it looks like a new car (now 4 years old by the way)

I'll walk you through what you do, Firstly i strongly recommend you clean you car in the normal way you would on the outside (i use warm water with a small amount of turtle shampoo wax in it). Once clean allow the car to dry all over naturally (it doesn't matter if it smears due to the sun)

Once the car is dry and is out of the sun then shake the Greased Lightning bottle and spray directly onto the car bodywork, then using one of the microfiber cloths supplied rub the Carnauba wax into the bodywork,(you'll be amazed how little you use even spraying liberally). With the other cloth buff the bodywork up and it will leave your car the cleanest you will have seen in a long time!!

You CAN use it on all Bodywork areas, chrome, Alloys and windows (although not recommended for the front windscreen so just use a water spray with white vinegar)....it can remove TAR on bodywork and brake dust on alloy wheels although they can be typically tough to remove!!! The two microfiber "miracle cloths" are exactly the same as normal microfiber clothes, just make sure you have two, one for applying and one for buffing up!

PROS: Gives a really good mirror showroom shine to my car that lasts for ages including the windows, can be used DRY on your car (so no need to clean your car first although i would recommend it for a perfect finish), 1 bottle surprisingly lasts longer than you might think!

CONS: It's not cheap, DON'T use it in the sun as it instantly dries when it touches bodywork.

VERDICT:

I was impressed to say the least with this product, its not cheap BUT Carnauba wax is one of the dearest waxes on the market and at the end of the day you get what you pay for in life. Bodywork, chrome and windows come up like new and added to that it gives a long lasting protective layer on the bodywork that protects against Tar and other deposits like sap and bird droppings.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you at least try out this product once and judge for yourself but since I've tried it i won't be changing to anything else!! Remember the stages of detailing a car: clean, clay, polish then wax!

(if you have any questions about the product then add a comment to my review and i will reply as soon as possible!)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not as good as its made out to be, 6 Aug. 2011
Good product, but no way is it better than washing your car with water/ shampoo and using a quick spray on aqua wax. The demo on TV makes it seem like a quick spray on wipe off will do the job, it doesn't and it does leave faint white marks if you haven't wiped off everything thoroughly. And the overall shine again is not as good other spray on wax's. I never used it without washing my car with water to get most of the grime off. And i don't see how wiping over the car with the same cloth that's picked up dirt will not scratch your paintwork unless you do change your cloth after every wipe!

But if you don't have much time it is a good alternative to cleaning your car quickly. The 1 litre will clean your about 4 times.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 6 July 2013
for years i thought this can't really do what they say. I finally tried it. Even though i used it my self, it still seems too good to be true
but it works. It really is amazing.