5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Electric Mattress Cover
Published on 23 April 2010 by Mr. Paul Ramwell

2.0 out of 5 stars Divine Comfort ACHNWD Electric Blanket
Very disappointing. I bought this item to replace an older fitted electric blanket which takes about 1 hour to reach optimum temperature. This purchase was the result of reading the Which? report which I now wish that I had never seen.
Published on 26 Oct 2011 by F. Weir

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Electric Mattress Cover, 23 April 2010
Mr. Paul Ramwell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HOMEFRONT FULLY FITTED WASHABLE DOUBLE SIZE MATTRESS COVER DUAL CONTROL (193 x 137 cm) (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this after having spent 3 times as much on a Dreamland Electric Duvet which was a disaster. We were keen to have a simple bed warmer that was not too expensive if we were disappointed.....in reality we could not be happier. Yes its controls are quite basic, with only 3 heat settings and none of the electronic wizardry of some expensive alternatives - but believe me simple is better.
The bed warms quickly, and on high heat toasts you nicely!
Having got through 4 electric blankets/duvets in as many years this item is an absolute dream.

I have also bought previously from HSD and their service too is quite excellent.

Overall, could not be happier, and would recoomend both the product and supplier freely.

5.0 out of 5 stars I should have bought years ago, 14 Mar 2010
Amazon Customer (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
After many, many years (26 to be precise) I persuaded my wife that we should have an electric blanket.

The feature that sold it was the dual control. She could keep her side of the bed cool and I could be as warm as a bug in a rug (!)

In practice several things have happened:

The first is that we have now turned down the room temperature in the bedroom a long way (must be saving energy) as we can now have a warm bed and a fresh room.

The second is that my wife actually has her side warmer than me, thus confounding what both of us thought would be the case...

Excellent.

Now a little bit about the product, just in case you're interested in this as well as the emotional side of the review.

The electric blanket is like a fully fitted sheet with the elasticated bottom that you would normally expect with a bottom sheet. The benefit is that it is easy to fit and that this stays in place.

To control the heat, the blanket has two completely separate heat controls, with two 13amp plugs (it draws a maximum of 85 watts) and there is a three heat level control hanging down on each side of the bed - one each.

To warm the bed, it does say 15 minutes, but I would suggest that 30 minutes gives a nice even heat.

The highest level is just too warm for me, but your mileage may differ.

Finally, it is safe to use the blanket while you are in bed, so if you have forgotten to switch it on early enough, you can still climb into bed once the chill has been taken off it (only about 5 mins) and then turn down the heat once it is to your liking.

This product is really worth the full 5 stars - buy with confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality electric blanket., 9 Mar 2010
S. VINCE "warm user" (uk) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this blanket, I like the way it fits over the mattress just like a fitted sheet so no tapes or shifting around. The individual controls make it so easy to use for each of the bed occupants. Above all this is amazing value, recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good heated mattress cover, 5 Oct 2010
P. Carpenter - See all my reviews
The only reason this isn't getting 5 stars is because of the length of time it takes to warm the bed, even on number 3 setting (highest), but to be fair we have a normal mattress cover over the top of it so it does have an extra layer to get through. It takes almost an hour to warm the bed, and on the 1st setting it does nothing - presumably that's only for all night use.
The fit is excellent, no ties just a properly fitting elasticated cover - no chance of it slipping around over the mattress. Can recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. Highly recommended., 28 Mar 2010
Bought this blanket after reading other reviews on here and I must say that I agree with all the glowing reports. First class delivery service too. Big advantage over other blankets is that it is fitted just like a mattress cover and doesn't need tapes to hold it in place. Fast warm up too. I highly recommend this item without reservation

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 April 2010
I was a bit concerned that it would be useless since it was the cheapest one that Amazon was selling. However it is fantasic. It is the only blanket that warms all the bed. Other blankets are too small so that only a small portion of the bed was warmed by those.

As I said this one is marvelous.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOMEFRONT FULLY FITTED DOUBLE SIZE MATTRESS COVER DUAL CONTROL, 1 April 2010
Mrs. B. A. Cooke (Newton Abbot, Devon) - See all my reviews
BRILLIANT. All round great experience. Ordered 29th p.m. Received 31st a.m. This item does what it says on the tin! A terrific deep skirt for going over the mattress edges. The controls have a long enough lead either side for plugging in. The cover fits over the whole of the mattress and doesn't leave the edges cold. Size matters after all!! Proper heat within the time stated. Arrived in time for the crappy Easter weather. Fully recommended for the job it's supposed to do and the company selling it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product & service, 4 July 2010
This Homefront electric blanket was as described, the controls are robust enough to withstand everyday use (unlike others we have had) and it works well. In short it is fit for purpose and I can recommend it and this supplier.

Delivery was excellent: we ordered late one bank holiday Monday and the blanket arrived the following Wednesday.

2.0 out of 5 stars Divine Comfort ACHNWD Electric Blanket, 26 Oct 2011
The ACHNWD does heat up quickly as stated and fits the bed well. However, the element wires can be felt distinctly through the sheet, reminiscent of tie-on blankets of 20 years ago.
The major design flaw is the connections for the heating controls which are awkwardly situated 52cm. from the top of the blanket. This means that there is a large lump of plastic at the side of the bed against which I found I bumped my arm repeatedly, giving me a disturbed night's sleep, and which are also in a poor position for getting out of bed. My previous blanket had these connections sensibly situated beside the pillow in an unobtrusive position.
An important point to note is that the position of these controls cannot be seen until you unwrap the blanket. However, when you have broken the seal to remove the blanket from the packaging the company will not accept returns - otherwise I would have sent it straight back. So, I am now putting my old COSY COMFORT blanket back on the bed. It may take a while to heat up but it does live up to the name 'Comfort' and is much better designed. I'm sorry to say that, as far as I am concerned, the Divine Comfort ACHNWD has been a complete waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will love it, 5 Oct 2010
Have now had this for a couple of weeks and I have to say I am absolutely delighted with it. My bedroom does not have heating so an electric blanket is a must. This one is fantastic. I have a mattress with a mattress topper and the blanket fits comfortably over them. My bed without a blanket is freezing so when i put it on it does take a little while to warm the bed up but that is not surprising. Once the bed is warm I turn the controls down to 1 and then keeps me snug all night long. I don't need any extra heating on in the room. The other good thing is that it covers the whole mattress, so no cold spots. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone. The other plus point for me is that i find heating in a bedroom makes it stuffy this solves that problem.