4.0 out of 5 stars The True Grado Experience.
If you're an Audiophile or an avid music lover that is on the go, these are the the way forward. They're the cheapest IEM's that Grado offer, but they certainly don't feel or sound cheap.

Published on 27 Feb. 2013 by Angelo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not £90 quality
I like the sound and fit of these phones. However the cords are very thin and their attachment to the plug seems fairly flimsy. As such they are unlikely to last very long.
Published 11 months ago by madhu rao

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The True Grado Experience., 27 Feb. 2013
Angelo "RHtonyflowCP" (Crawley, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

The build is sturdy and the sound so far has been great. I know I still have to break them in, so to have a sound like I do which is straight out of the box is superb and only gives me high hopes.

You get a small variety of foam and silicon tips which might be a bit of a struggle to get used to compared to the average universal ones you get with pretty much every other standard pair of low budget earphones. There are some info leaflets and a carry case. But where these earphones shine and rightly so, is their sound.

The sound is great out of the box. Any Grado fan will not be dissapointed. The soundstage is wide and spacious and has superb clarity and detail straight out the box. The bass is tight and a little recessed, but I'm certain it will loosen up and hit a bit stornger in the break in. The only issue is that it has some sibililance bleed, which means the symbols and some of the vocals pierces a bit, but it's not fair to mark it down based on something that will most likely dissapear when broken in to. If it doesn't, I will update this and note an rate accordingly.

People seem to forget that earphones have a break in period and always rate them on first listen.

My final thought is that these Grado iGi's deserve praise and a definite investment if you're semi serious about your listening.

EDIT:

22 Weeks later and the sound in the right ear has begun cutting out when the jack has pressure applied to it in a certain way. It has met some heady duty, being used almost every day for long hours at a a time and many outdoor activities, so it's understandable it's begun falling apart this early in, but it's still very upsetting for the price paid. So I've decided to mark it down a star based on build and the annoying habit of tangling too easily. But the sound, once it broke in after 3 weeks, became a flurry of warm, spacious and super balanced tones. Extremely detailed and greatly comfortable, giving an addition snug fit to it's list of wonderful traits. I'm about to order a second pair and even if the price might hurt, it's a set well worth investing in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy but you have to put up with some pain....., 29 Jan. 2013
This product looks and sounds great. The negatives are that it bleeds sound and also can take some time to get used to the feel. At first can be uncomfortable but after a while it fits fine. Does look good on though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Open headphone like sound, but poor build quality, 11 Aug. 2014
This will appeal to people who already know the Grado brand, who are looking for that ''airy '' open sound you find in open headphones. Would not recommend this if you're a bass-head or into music that's bass heavy.

The build quality is unfortunately quite poor, wires look like they came out of an apple iphone or samsung generic , stock earphone quality. I dont expect it to last forever, but while it does, I'm definitely enjoying it

4.0 out of 5 stars great sound but unconfortable, 24 July 2010
Ghio (london, UK) - See all my reviews
Great sound for the price, I prefer them to my Grado SR80. Somehow iGrado sounds a little louder and brighter then SR80 (after i made some penny size holes into cussions even bass is heavier). Still SR80 seems to have more depth and the sound is more relaxed and more enjoyable.

Now the bad: they may look like portable but they are open back and leak sound heavily. Also very unconfortable for my ears. The drivers never seem to cover my ears completely and after one hour my ear lobes hurt like hell.

I will try to put iGrado drivers into some other cans casing to see what happens. Will keep posted

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever owned: signature Grado, comfort, durability, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Grado GR8 In Ear Headphones (Electronics)
More thorough reviews of the sound can be found elsewhere (via Google). In short, you'll notice the similarity if you own a pair of Grado headphones, and if you don't, these are detailed, warm, exciting and dynamic.

Comfort: With the right ear tips, these will fit snugly and comfortably for hours. The best tips depend on your preferences and ears. Foam Comply tips are popular and compatible with these, but they have a limited life because the foam degrades. I'd recommend Sony hybrids. I suggest wearing them upside down, with the cable going over your ear and down. They never fall out, etc.

Durability: I've used these daily for 18 months and they're still working perfectly. They live in my pocket. The only minor issue I had was the rubber sleeving on the headphone jack becoming loose, but this was fixed by a drop of glue. The shape also adds to the durability, over some larger IEMs (e.g. models by Shure and Westone).

Overall: I've had more expensive headphones. In some areas they were better. Overall though, these are the best I've ever owned.

4.0 out of 5 stars iGrado Headphones, 11 Jan. 2011
These are my third pair of these headphones as the end where you pull them out kept breaking after 7-9 months. However, I opened the third pair to find the wire and end has been changed to become more robust so hopefully this won't happen again!! The sound quality is easily the best of any headphones in this price range, and they do leak sound a LOT, but if your prepared for everyone to know what you are listening to then thats fine!! Other than that, comfy, well designed (although the 'back of the head' design can get annoying if you just want to rest your head on something..) and generally great!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not £90 quality, 28 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed with these, 22 Feb. 2015
Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed with these. I bought them on the recommendation of a friend. The sound reproduction is excellent so no problems whatsoever, there. But they are not a great fit for me over the ears. The reason that I gave 3 stars however is that they leak sound which can be readily heard by those nearby, even at reasonable levels of volume. For the money, I would not expected that to be a issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed, 25 April 2015
They sound great. They are comfy. Ideal for mountain biking or gardening - they don't fall off. Happy with the purchase.

BUT - the cable leading up to the jack fails. The cable is thin and somewhat delicate. Apparently the units these are "very similar, if not identical to those found in cheap PC headsets such as Genius". I feel ripped off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, 10 Oct. 2013
I read that these headphones were a decent - if more expensive - alternative to Beyerdamic, a pair of which broke down after years of blissful use. But Grado's IGI headphones do not compare in any way. The bass is nonexistent. The midrange is tinny. The finish to the casing is cheap and the cabling is flimsy. I gave them a fair run to let them bed in; nothing improved. I wrote to Grado UK's support team for advice; no reply. So i've returned them, bought another pair of Beyerdynamics and saved myself £25. Really disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›