5.0 out of 5 stars i couldnt put it down
this was a lovely rompy romance, in the same league as Stephanie Laurens, the story had some good twists, not as predictable as some which kept me glued.
The writing was so emotional I even shed a tear a couple of times.
I will definitely be buying more of this elk from this author.
Published 15 months ago by littlejo

1.0 out of 5 stars Author in need of an editor
Published on 17 Oct 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars i couldnt put it down, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Devil's Love (Kindle Edition)
The writing was so emotional I even shed a tear a couple of times.
I will definitely be buying more of this elk from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars The devils love, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Devil's Love (Kindle Edition)
This is the second book I've read by this author and I loved it. It's full of emotion and the romance between the delightful abby and the wonderful Michael is soon good. Their story leapt off the pages and the only difficulty I had was putting the book down. A lovely story...

5.0 out of 5 stars Passionate, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Devil's Love (Kindle Edition)
A first class romantic, passionate novel. I really recommend this book and am going to read more of Julie London's novel's.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Devil's Love (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I have read by this author and I am hooked! Fantastic, well written, imaginative yet believable, charming yet sexy. What an incredible style of writing. Bravo Julia.

1.0 out of 5 stars Author in need of an editor, 17 Oct 2001
By A Customer
While appreciating that works of fiction do not need to be based on fact there are limits to how far belief can be taken. A Regency heroine arriving at Portsmouth without a maid or a chaperone, to be met at the moment she docks by someone waiting for her in the snow is a little far fetched. What is a passenger ship doing in a naval dockyard? Why not wait in a hotel until travel is possible? Why grow roses in a hothouse when they bloom outside here in December. Where are the docks at Brighton? What is a cow doing in the stables? When did a contract signed by a minor become valid at law? Apparently the heroine is so naive she does not know that a marriage license has to be obtained and signed for a marriage to be legal. What was a vicar doing conducting a marriage ceremony that he knew would be invalid, surely he knows the law. This may sound like quibbling but if belief in everything you know has to be suspended then it is a fairy story and not a romance. Sorry this book was not for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent use of adjectives and characterization, 10 Dec 1998
By A Customer
I just finished this book by a first-time author, Julia London. She has developed the characters of Abby and Michael in an exceptional manner. Abby is a fine example of a courageous young woman determined to make her way despite her obvious romantic dreams involving Michael. He, on the other hand, is gradually revealed as one who cares very much what happens to others, even as he is presented as a cruel, devilish, selfish man. Ms. London carefully builds the suspense throughout the book, as her plot carries the characters to the inevitable clash. I loved this story. There is not one dull moment, and I found I had to finish it before putting it down. I cannot wait for the next book by this talented author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another New Favourite Author, 30 Jun 2008
Jaxie "Jax" (LEEDS, W YORKSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book was amazing for a first novel. Congratulations Julia; a brilliant book. It should be up there with Johanna Lindsey, Julia McNaught and all the others. It had me smiling, laughing and then crying over again, a veritable emotional rollercoaster.

Julia London has a wonderful way with words. Like other readers, I was just totaly carried away with the characters in this book. My emotions were on such a high and then a low as I absorbed everything that was unfolding. As if I was there on the sidelines actually watching everything happening for real. Some books you can be truely part of and this was one of them. A wonderful read for people who love historical love romances with a bit of a bite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional! Fantastic! You must read this., 23 May 2001
Michelle Prue "Storm" (USA) - See all my reviews
I am a Romance addict. I read all the greats: Catherine Coulter, Johanna Lyndsey, Kathleen E Woodiwiss, Julie Garwood, Jude Devereaux, etc etc etc. So it has been absolutely YEARS since I have been so moved by a book and the characters in it. I found myself crying not once but a few times throughout which is amazing in itself! I really felt the characters were real people and I was going through it all with them. That has simply not happened since I was like 18! For her first novel, I was absolutely stunned that she could so move me like that where all the others did not. I thought I was past that. You know, read one you read them all but still keep going back for more and more. That is where I was when I picked up this book. I am now searching on Amazon for ALL her books and cannot wait to get them! She has beautiful way with words and really knows how to set the atmosphere. PS. Dangerous to pick up on a Monday morning! I was late in to work cause I couldn't put it down and had to read it through my lunch hour and finished it that night. Excellent if your on a diet!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly well done, 10 July 1999
By A Customer
For a first-time book, Julia London did a magnificent job with Devil's Love. The characters were well developed and attractive. My only concern would be that Abigail was not quite as spunky as most other romance novel heroines, and that she was a little bit too mushy, gushy and soft for my liking. A little bit more spunk and fire between the two would have been welcome.

5.0 out of 5 stars HER FIRST BOOK IS AS GOOD AS I HOPED, 13 Jun 1999
By A Customer
I read Wicked Angel first and thought I finally found another Judith McNaught. Just to be sure, I read her first book Devil's Love. It wasn't as good as Wicked Angel, but it is still fantastic! J. London really reminds me of Judith McNaught (my favorite), and I am dancing on the ceiling since I found these books! I can't wait for the next one! Julia, please WRITE FASTER!

The Devil's Love