4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for your money
Image quality - Is very good during daylight conditions and dusk but at night don't expect much (which is kind of obvious). Comparing videos with cameras that also feature Full HD, the differences (if any) aren't decision makers. The image options are adequate but they are also the same as other cameras like this.

Sound quality - The use this CountourHD as been...
Published on 7 Oct 2011 by Miguel V. Lopes

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed.
I thought I'd try something different to the dogcam, and after favourable reviews on here bought a ContourHD 1080p.
Things look promising out of the box, and I download the software. This allows you to set up a few things on the camera, like date and record quality. Take a few test shots, seem ok, but where is the editor? Read the book, there isn't one, but you can...
Published on 14 Oct 2011 by Dave Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Contour Hd, 3 Sep 2011
This review is from: VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera (Camera)
I've owned this camera for a few months now and i'm very impressed with the picture quality and ease of use, plugged it into my computer with no problems, everything worked as it should, my only gripe is the cost of the mounting hardware,i bought the waterproof case because it had the threaded hole in it meaning i could make up my own mounting system, in all a very good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Urban Cycling Example, 29 Feb 2012
R. Boakes - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:13 Mins

If you're considering this for urban cycle use, this example may be useful. It was filmed on my VholdR ContourHD. I've used the supplied helmet mounting, and the default 2G memory card that came in the box. The file has been uploaded as a .mov at 1080p resolution (but I don't know if Amazon will downsample this). Recorded at 08:30 on an overcast but dry February day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Picture HD, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera (Camera)
Sound Is poor due to wind rush .Extra mounts can be costly .Soft ware needs good computer and a fast internet connection

1.0 out of 5 stars NO support.., 23 Oct 2013
Mr. Deepak Dubey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera (Camera)
This is a product with no repair support, the way they designed it that it will work till your warranty runs out after that you are your own.....Now I am going for Sony at least they have repair center and good brand name to maintain ..

1.0 out of 5 stars It will let you down over and over!, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera (Camera)
I got one a year ago. Bought it for our motorcycle trip to the US. Would you like to see me riding the bear tooth highway? Well, not luck as the camera did not record. would you like to see me riding Glacier National Park? Well again the camera failed. After MANY emails with their help desk, going through all suggestions and patronising questions (is the battery charged, is there a battery in, is there a memory card in, update software, switch on and off, get it blessed by local priest etc... Ok joking on that last one!) ... anyhow, never recorded so I was finally told to send it back.
i got a replacement sent. Great.
Just been riding from London to Romania and back. Would you like to see me riding the Transalpina? Or the Famous best road in the world (according the Jemy Clarkson) the Transfagarasan highway? Well you can't cause the piece of sh*te that is this camera once again let us down over and over again. I replaced the battery. I replaced the memory card that was provided with it. All of a sudden with a new memory card it started working again. So we decided
to ride back to do the Transfagarasan again. Well guess what happened next? It stopped recording once again.

So in conclusion, this is a total waste of money and it has ruined already 2 biking holiday. So it is going to the bin. Do not waste your money. It will fail you. 2 cameras and same issue? Just garbage.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cam good sound poor, 18 July 2013
This review is from: VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera (Camera)
A great Cam but really let down with the sound.
I have this Cam fitted on my crash helmet but have to turn my sound off when playing vid back coz of wind noise.
If I knew this would had never got it :(

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera (Camera)
worked very well in Afghanistan and still working well now will be going back with me soon ta very much

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Mountain Bikes, 23 Feb 2012
This review is from: VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera (Camera)
Robust, so light you forget it's there, plenty mounting options and excellent software inuded with the product. Seller provided fast delivery, good packaging and good price

5.0 out of 5 stars VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera, 27 Dec 2011
M. Such (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera (Camera)
Wanted a cheap but great quality head cam - That was never going to be easy.
Then I saw this.
The camera records good quality footage and is easy to use and set up.
Have got it for the ski holiday this year and no doubt it will be put through the weather conditions and experience of the French Alps.
Easy to operate and use I am looking forward to seeing the video's after Holiday.
The camera is best used with the Contour Video edit download which is avail from their on line site - might have been better to have it on a disc with the camera. Uploads are also avail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable value!, 8 Dec 2011
This review is from: VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera (Camera)
I paid 120 for this camera including postage. For the money, its unbeatable value, very good quality video, plenty of different modes and a 16gb card costing just 10 can record about an hours Action-HD... Perfect for riding my bike and skiing, fits to my helmet without too much obstruction, and its nice and light. Fits my goggle strap for easy mounting when skiing.

Can't really ask for more, its a headcam, its a small form factor, its HD, its good, its cheap!

Only bad point is the mic is very sensitive to wind noise, then again, I would plan to put some audio over the top of any film footage I take!

VholdR ContourHD 1080P Helmet Camera