on 6 December 2012
Good laser i`m a commercial Ceramic tiler and this does what i need it to had Stanley CLL before some low life knicked it must say i prefered the Stanley but for 40 quid less this does whats needed and fitted my tripod which the thieves kindly left behind.

Very good for price
on 7 October 2013
I had been uhm'ing and ah'ing over this little gadget for some time before eventually moving it from my wishlist to my basket - moving house and the prospect of having to put up all that shelving and hang all those pictures/mirrors etc was all the justification I needed!

I only wish it hadn't taken me so long to move house! This little gadget is great! Sure, it's not made by one of those companies you'd normally associate with top quality tools (DeWalt/Makitta etc) and in fairness, I'd normally associate the Bosch name with home appliances and electronic car parts before power tools and DIY accessories, but this gadget delivers exactly what it promises.

It comes well boxed, with a user manual, batteries and a handy little storage pouch included. The addition of the little threaded hole on the bottom means you can stick it on your existing camera tripod (assuming you have one!) to make life a bit easier. It does need to be fairly level to start with, otherwise the red/green light on the top will go red and the laser will turn off. Once you get it level-ish, the red/green light will go green, the laser will switch on and a second or two later you 'll be good to go with two very visible lines (perpendicular to each other) being projected onto whatever you happen to have it pointed at.

I can't comment on the user manual as I haven't opened it yet - the device is so simple to use the manual struck me as a waste of time and trees!

If you are in the market for a level, give this one a chance, you'll not be disappointed!

PS. The shelves, pictures and mirrors all went up (dead straight) in record time!
on 9 April 2013
This is a great little piece of kit! I'm a steel fitter by trade and have used it to put up 3 mezzanine floors since buying it, and everything was spot on with the tried and tested bubble. Only minor (very minor) gripe is the battery compartment door pops open quite easily, bit of insulation tape............
on 20 May 2012
Brilliant little laser cross level. I use it for projection mapping where it is important to have a known horizontal and vertical line to line up projectors and this does an outstanding job. It is good for a range of about 20m in controlled lighting. I find combined with a tripod/ mic stand or a magic arm it is a fantastic tool. Having used both this bosch and the little quingo I would recommend this one, the quingo is great for small jobs but anything bigger than about 4m and it gets a little dim to be comfortable to use
on 4 January 2014
Yes, the Bosch PCL 10 really takes the misery out of getting things level. Maybe you like the misery, and prefer to get a spirit level for a pound or two. Well, if you can get on with a spirit level, good for you. I can't. I usually find, after screwing everything in place of course, that I must have knocked the level askew when marking up, so the curtains or whatever look like they're hanging on the Titanic and just about to go down for the last time.

I took a lot of stick for spending (large amount of money) on this, but by Jove it's worth it. I find myself using it for things I wouldn't have bothered trying to level before, because it's so quick. I can often just put it on a book, or a chair, or a shelf, and not bother with the tripod. Like everyone else, I bought a cheap generic tripod and it works just fine.

I'd recommend this unreservedly to anyone who does their own house maintenance.
on 30 May 2016
I have never used one of these before but am reasonably impressed. I am building a wall in my back garden, it is curved so this device is a good aid. The downside is that the laser is not very powerful and if you are OUTSIDE on a bright day is dificult to see. I believe this is because of safety issues being used in the public domaine for DIY use where there are pets and children. A professional version may have a better beam but would only be used on sites with Health and saftey in mind. The device is remarkably acurate. I placed match heads along a wall of soil over 4 metres to mark the level and even if moved it settles down to iluminate all the match heads at a distance of 10 feet. However I had to do my laser work at dusk when the Sun had gone down. I place marker pegs at points for use in the bright light of day. A tripod would be a help for this device, but any photographic tripod works, and there is a clamp available, but not supplied. The same clamp is supplied with the cheaper model which is a shame.
Build quality seem good, and takes AA batteries so it last a reasonable time. (Use only best branded batteries)
Comes with a little zip up case to keep it in.

Uses. This device is very useful for finding levels over a large area e.g a whole wall. It is also very useful where you wish to see the level on 2 or 3 walls at the same time. Eg Area at side of a chimney breast in a room where you may wish to put shelves. 3 wall surfaces can be illuminated I am using mine for a curved surface, not so easy for a conventional spirit level (bubble). But I do have one of these too.
review image
on 21 February 2013
Does exactly what it says. Superb. I have used it to put new shelving up in my workshop and it makes the job so much easier.
on 7 June 2014
I wish the builders who constructed my house had used one of these, nothing is horizontal or vertical in the place. Never mind, this Laser Level is great when wall-papering, fitting shelves and without it I would never have fitted all of the raw-plugs for the 4.5m electric curtain rail in a straight line.
on 29 October 2015
Bought as a bit of a gimmick, what self respecting DIY'er wouldn't want a laser level. Ended up being more useful than I thought. I used it initially to level up the base and shuttering of my man cave foundations, much easier and more accurate than doing levels off of each previous one. Although it's only really rated for indoor use, I waited till dusk time so it was still light enough to see. I placed it in the corner of the foundations, found the height I wanted then went round driving pegs across the base to that level, then filled the base with scalpings to the top of the pegs.
Even though it has a 10m range, if you wait till it's nearly dark it will go much further outside. I will use it for leveling up my very slightly sloping garden (about 20m long)
on 19 December 2011
Great piece of kit. I have used this to tile a large bathroom with a tile boarder half way up. This product makes things so easy and you can use your old 35mm camera tripod to mount it as well. Buy it!