4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job
Good laser i`m a commercial Ceramic tiler and this does what i need it to had Stanley CLL before some low life knicked it must say i prefered the Stanley but for 40 quid less this does whats needed and fitted my tripod which the thieves kindly left behind.

Very good for price
Published on 6 Dec. 2012 by Mr. J. L. Major

3.0 out of 5 stars If you need to go straight
Excellent addition to the DIY tool kit. You do need a tripod though to get the best out of this tool, I've use my camera tripod though if you need to go higher you'd best buy the Pole.I also thought that you could use it for "lining" up the side of the stair case say for hanging pictures... but not so! Its still good though.
Published 16 months ago by Jeffers

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 6 Dec. 2012

Very good for price

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the price!, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Bosch PCL 10 Cross Line Laser Level (DIY & Tools)
This is a great little piece of kit! I'm a steel fitter by trade and have used it to put up 3 mezzanine floors since buying it, and everything was spot on with the tried and tested bubble. Only minor (very minor) gripe is the battery compartment door pops open quite easily, bit of insulation tape............

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Loving This Item, 30 Jan. 2014
Robert Groom (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bosch PCL 10 Cross Line Laser Level (DIY & Tools)
I was a dedicated spirit level user before I bought this level, but no longer. This item is fantastic for the price. Every bit as accurate as any of my spirit levels. I use it all the time. Just budget to get yourself a cheap tripod stand - I use a camera flash stand. The taller extending the better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin [updated], 19 Dec. 2013
xmfclick (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bosch PCL 10 Cross Line Laser Level (DIY & Tools)
I bought this in preference to the Quigo because the price (about £60) wasn't much higher than the Quigo's and the quoted range of the laser was greater. On reflection maybe the Quigo would have been a better bet, mainly because it has a built-in screen protector that snaps into place when you lock the device, whereas the PCL10 has the locking mechanism but no screen protector, just a soft carry case. It's a small quibble, perhaps, but in the real world carry cases get lost or damaged and I I can't really see why Bosch couldn't have built the protector in to the more expensive models. That said, the PCL10 is a decent device for indoor work. The laser line is about 1mm wide and is bright enough under normal lighting conditions. Both horizontal and vertical lines are always on (i.e. you can't select to have only one or the other), but this isn't a problem (at least, not to me). One thing that's a bit of a pain is that you have to get the device almost level for the auto-leveling system to work, but the best way to use it is on a tripod in any case. It would have been nice if Bosch had included some kind of clamp-equipped mounting device in the purchase price, but I guess they think you'll rush out and buy their ridiculously expensive tripods instead (rather than just getting a cheap camera tripod for a quarter of the price). Being a lone DIYer (i.e. I have to do everything by myself, as the wife is more of a hindrance than a help) I can say that getting a level with the Bosch is easier than doing the same with a spirit level or a water level. I have also seen a professional plasterboard installer do a rather clever trick using a laser level to get ceiling-mounted aluminium framework level, which involves tapping the frame pieces downwards until the laser beam just starts to reflect off them. Having tried to level similar framework using a spirit level I can tell you that it's very difficult, and I'll be trying the laser trick next time.

[Update, March 2015] Haven't used this a lot, but where it has come in really useful is (a) checking a floor for level screeding, and (b) checking verticals, when an installer was installing doors for us. For the floor, you put the laser down somewhere and measure the height of the red line nearby (it should be 5cm off the floor), then go around with your tape measure and measure the height of the red line in different places. It's very quick and easy, and shows problem areas better than using a spirit level, in my opinion. For the verticals, I wish I'd insisted on the installer using the laser from the start, because the first couple of doors were out of whack by a few mm, which was enough to notice, even though he's used a Sola level. The red line is plenty bright enough indoors, though of course it spreads wider the further away from the instrument you go. Overall, still pleased I bought this gadget.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Bosch PCL 10 Cross Line Laser Level (DIY & Tools)
I had been uhm'ing and ah'ing over this little gadget for some time before eventually moving it from my wishlist to my basket - moving house and the prospect of having to put up all that shelving and hang all those pictures/mirrors etc was all the justification I needed!

I only wish it hadn't taken me so long to move house! This little gadget is great! Sure, it's not made by one of those companies you'd normally associate with top quality tools (DeWalt/Makitta etc) and in fairness, I'd normally associate the Bosch name with home appliances and electronic car parts before power tools and DIY accessories, but this gadget delivers exactly what it promises.

It comes well boxed, with a user manual, batteries and a handy little storage pouch included. The addition of the little threaded hole on the bottom means you can stick it on your existing camera tripod (assuming you have one!) to make life a bit easier. It does need to be fairly level to start with, otherwise the red/green light on the top will go red and the laser will turn off. Once you get it level-ish, the red/green light will go green, the laser will switch on and a second or two later you 'll be good to go with two very visible lines (perpendicular to each other) being projected onto whatever you happen to have it pointed at.

I can't comment on the user manual as I haven't opened it yet - the device is so simple to use the manual struck me as a waste of time and trees!

If you are in the market for a level, give this one a chance, you'll not be disappointed!

PS. The shelves, pictures and mirrors all went up (dead straight) in record time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent level, 20 May 2012
This review is from: Bosch PCL 10 Cross Line Laser Level (DIY & Tools)
Brilliant little laser cross level. I use it for projection mapping where it is important to have a known horizontal and vertical line to line up projectors and this does an outstanding job. It is good for a range of about 20m in controlled lighting. I find combined with a tripod/ mic stand or a magic arm it is a fantastic tool. Having used both this bosch and the little quingo I would recommend this one, the quingo is great for small jobs but anything bigger than about 4m and it gets a little dim to be comfortable to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Bosch PCL 10 Cross Line Laser Level (DIY & Tools)
Does exactly what it says. Superb. I have used it to put new shelving up in my workshop and it makes the job so much easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to believe, but actually worth the price, 4 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Bosch PCL 10 Cross Line Laser Level (DIY & Tools)
Yes, the Bosch PCL 10 really takes the misery out of getting things level. Maybe you like the misery, and prefer to get a spirit level for a pound or two. Well, if you can get on with a spirit level, good for you. I can't. I usually find, after screwing everything in place of course, that I must have knocked the level askew when marking up, so the curtains or whatever look like they're hanging on the Titanic and just about to go down for the last time.

I took a lot of stick for spending (large amount of money) on this, but by Jove it's worth it. I find myself using it for things I wouldn't have bothered trying to level before, because it's so quick. I can often just put it on a book, or a chair, or a shelf, and not bother with the tripod. Like everyone else, I bought a cheap generic tripod and it works just fine.

I'd recommend this unreservedly to anyone who does their own house maintenance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every DIYer should have one!, 19 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Bosch PCL 10 Cross Line Laser Level (DIY & Tools)
Great piece of kit. I have used this to tile a large bathroom with a tile boarder half way up. This product makes things so easy and you can use your old 35mm camera tripod to mount it as well. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid product, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Bosch PCL 10 Cross Line Laser Level (DIY & Tools)
Bought this to replace a Stanley laser bought at one of the DIY superstores. Although more expensive, you get what you pay for.
The product is solid, oozes quality and is self leveling! an absolute boon if you've tried to use a adjustable level device. One minor point - switches off if trying to align something not level which is out of the leveling pendulum range.
Thoroughly recommend.