4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packet
TWO PERSON JOB! Following the instructions, be sure to throughly spray the film when peeling it back and the window, then you will have success. Offers great privacy which is why we bought it and looks good if installed carefully.
Published on 11 Sept. 2011 by Megan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I found this material an absolute horror to work with, probably because I had no one to help me. Once the covering on the adhesive side is peeled off; if two of the adhesive sides contact each other before being wetted, they stick together as if they were contact adhesive, attempting to separate destroys the film as they stick together so strongly.
As to the...
Published on 23 Jun. 2010 by scotty

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 23 Jun. 2010
As to the effectiveness of the film, I have no idea as I am still trying to devise a method of applying it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packet, 11 Sept. 2011
Megan (TONBRIDGE, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool.....at last, 1 July 2011
This review is from: Silver Reflective Window Film (Solar Control & Privacy Tint - One Way Mirror / Mirrored Glass) (100cm x 1 metres)
This stuff is great, my place in the summer is like an oven, I have flats on four sides, thats 4x the insulation, and large double glazed, double full length windows, so as the sun rises in the morning the tempreture creeps up and up and then stays at an average of 28 degrees C, even with all the windows open. As soon as this stuff was on you can really feel the difference and with the hot weather getting hotter my place is finally cool at last. Its so easy to put up and the instructions that come with it are very clear and easy to follow, I was a bit worried after i'd finished as the whole surface was speckled with what I thought was trapped dirt underneath, but after about a week they all disappeared, I know now it was trapped water from the application processs, but this dries as there are microscopic perferations in the material where air gets out (like when a balloon deflates). Overall really happy I dont think I could have asked for anything more for this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Window foil, 26 Jan. 2012
Simon Beer - See all my reviews
Having read some of the disparaging reviews, I was a little nervous about using this product.

I took the precaution of buying some of the basic tools (a water bottle and a spreader) and found it was simplicity itself once I got started.

The foil does everything it says on the tin, and has worked very well for my application.

Try and get the glass as clean as possible. I vigourously washed the glass surface with water and washing up liquid before I started and then just washed it down with water looking for any lurking bits that were still stuck on the glass. Keep the glass as wet as possible with a solution of water and washing up liquid when applying the film and then gently, using a very hard edged spreader, push out the water. I've read of air bubbles but I never experienced any trapped air (pardon the expression), I think the most important thing is to keep the glass really wet.

The surface of my foil is totally flat with not a single blemish.

So if you're worried, risk it.

By the way, I took the precaution of buying a small piece of foil first, it's cheap enough to experiment with which then gives you the confidence to get on and do the job properly.

Good luck.

Simon Beer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, worth the extra effort to install it correctly, 5 Sept. 2012
This is great stuff. It provides absolute privacy from sunrise to sunset and into the evening. The mirror effect is on whichever side is brighter, so at night you still need a window shade or blinds on the inside.

It's fiddly to get installed perfectly but there are very clear instructions with illustrations included with the film. Pay special attention to the part about 'you can't use too much spray', it's correct. You mix a diluted soap & water solution to spray all over the glass AND the film and put it on wet. It will slide around easily for centring and trimming with a razor if you use plenty of spray.

The most difficult bit was getting the backing peeled off. I used two pieces of tape stuck facing each other on a corner, front and back of the film. When I peeled the tape apart I was able to get the backing separated from the film. I just wasn't able to catch the edge of the backing to start peeling it off otherwise.

I'm ordering more and I even installed it on rippled privacy glass, even though this isn't recommended. It looks fine. I used a credit card to press it down tight on the ripples and it came out perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 26 Oct. 2013
Was a bit tricky to fit as my husband insisted there were no fitting instructions. When however I inspected the tube there they were and after that it was easy and works a treat

5.0 out of 5 stars one way film, 13 Aug. 2012
great product, this is now 2nd purchase and it is excellent,easy to apply,great delivery time and first class product,will recommend to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Window film, 26 April 2011
Really easy to apply, gives me all the privacy I need without blocking out the sunlight. Only draw back is you can see silhouettes when it's dark and you need to turn the light on, but you draw the curtains by then anyway. So that's minor! You can see through it if your really close ( I mean with your nose pressed against the window with total focus) but with the mirror reflection no one knows if your in there looking right back at them!!
Brilliant would recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 3 Oct. 2013
Very good product, i have used it before. If you have a light on and are sticking your fingers up at your neighbor like i did, just make sure that you dont have a light on in the room,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff !!, 20 Dec. 2013
This stuff is a brilliant replacement for nasty net curtains. No need to twitch or take down to wash !! Gives a clear view and cuts down the glare without reducing the light unacceptably. There are plenty of instructional videos of how to put this stuff up on the web. My advice is to spray vast quantities of soapy water around to makes it easy to stick and slide into position. Use an extremely sharp knife otherwise it tears. Only pain is that you spend the next week spotting water bubbles you've missed and scraping them out to the side with a car frost scraper or whatever comes to hand. Helps if you have someone standing close up outside pointing out the bubbles which are more easily seen for the other side for some reason.