on 5 June 2015
Used this to cover my patio doors so we had more privacy from overlooking neighbours but still needed full view of the garden to supervise our children. We already had blinds but they always got tangled off out three year old. After some go ogling I came across this film and it sounded perfect watched a video on youtube showing how to put it on the windows and it was so easy to do. Bit the bullet and ordered some and it is absolutely brilliant I love it, so much so I'm ordering more to cover my other set of patio doors and another window at the back of the house. Would recommend to everyone. I've attached a photo so you can see the difference it makes to view from the inside looking out
review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 September 2013
Our conservatory, which the previous owners had installed, is a smallish 10ft X 8ft and faces due south, consequently it felt more like a greenhouse! A few years ago I replaced the plastic roof with an insulated boarded roof which has helped, but during the summer months we have the top windows permanently open allowing our wall mounted fan to expel much of the hot rising air, but in doing so I have noticed that the front windows being opened at an angle of 45 degrees or more, are also acting as magnifying glasses and intensifying the sun/heat that comes in. This is the reason that I have used this film, which does seem to be helping reduce it.

I had read the other reviews and agree with most of them. Its not a hard, but tricky job that you need to be in the mood for. I only had four small windows to do, but this can be more difficult getting tight corners clean and dust free. After reading the instructions which I thought were well explanatory I rightly or wrongly decided to remove the interior "black" rubber glazing strips that secure the d/g units by inserting the rounded end of a kitchen knife in to release the ends and simply pulling them out, this barely took a few minutes. I then found it really easy to clean the glass and make it dust free, I used some solvent soaked, lint free cloth and then window cleaner, as being in a hot conservatory there was trapped dust and dirt. As I had just the four windows, measuring approx 28ins X 15ins i decided to cut the film to the exact sizes before offering them up to the windows. In the instructions they tell you to use plenty of weak soapy water, which I did on the glass and adhering side of the film, then when it was roughly in position I sprayed the face side of the film to ensure that the squezee never damaged it. I then replaced the rubber glazing strips (no tool needed) which apart from making my job easier completely covers the edges of the newly installed film giving a neat professional finish.
on 21 September 2010
The Silver Reflective Window Film is a little tricky to install. You need to be very methodical and have the hands of a surgeon. Once on the window it works well, that is, during daylight hours no one can see in.

The big disadvantage from my point of view is that it does reduce considerably the light entering the room and prevent my full appreciation of the trees and flowering shrubs in the garden below. It is a little like looking through a stretched net curtain. For some situations, such as an uninspiring outlook and too much sunlight entering the room, this aspect could be an advantage. I have decided not to put the film on the adjacent window.
on 21 December 2013
Living along a busy road with a very low garden wall, we had to keep the venetian blinds down all day. Having put this film on the windows has opened up the room to natural light and opened up the space. Unfortunately it becomes transparent when the room is brighter than the exterior, and this is often the case in winter.

However I do feel that the product is well work the expense and recommend it to anyone having the same privacy problem as we do.
on 29 June 2013
This item is fantastic. Take the time to learn how to fit it BEFORE you start and you will be very happy with it.

We had mildew forming on net curtains and decided, seeing as were are not 90 years old, that the nets could go. However, we don't want the neighbours gawking while we are prancing around in the nude at the weekend so something had to obscure their vision. We looked into blinds but good quality ones for our place would have cost well over £500. And then we'd have had to fit them ourselves or pay more money for someone to do that for us. Someone suggested this stuff and we decided to give it a go when we costed it at well under £100 for the whole place. We fitted it all in about four hours. That is about 16 windows. It is an absolute doddle. It took some time for all of the water bubbles to go away but they are now as smooth as a baby's bottom. We only messed up one window and that was because we didn't have enough soap in the mix for that one.

The only downside of this is that is does darken the room quite a bit.
on 17 March 2015
A little unhappy as the centre of the roll had crease marks that do not dry out but otherwise an excellent product. I did 4 windows. Easy to apply, cutting is most difficult but I had the hang of it by second application. Still a couple of bubbles but most have dried out would definitely recomend for day time privacy
review image
on 27 December 2013
Great film.
Really easy to apply and does exactly what's stated.
You can see outside but no one can see inside.
on 3 January 2016
Great, but...

1. It does dim the room quite a bit.
2. When it's dark outside, it's pretty much a mirror inside, but everyone from the outside can see you! So it works the opposite way at night.

Got rid of my glaring sink area during sunny days though so I'm happy. Fairly easy to install if you have some patience, because you'll need it. Just know that you can't see out at all a night, you can just see a perfect mirror of your inside.
on 8 May 2013
I purchased this (and other sizes) to make my conservatory usable. Although it is a bit of an art to put it up, once you get into the swing of it with lots of washing up water sprayed, an able assistant and a window squidgy used, it goes up really well. A word of warning.. once the backing is off, if you are using a large length, make sure that the sticky side does not stick to itself... it is impossible to get apart and will have to be chucked. I have now done every window and my conservatory is now a lovely temperature and I can use it again and it gives me a little more privacy as my neighbors can no longer see my washing drying on the airers! The conservatory is, however a little darker, but I really don't mind that at all, makes it more cosy. As far as I'm concerned this is money well spent... I have use of my conservatory in the hottest weather!
on 11 February 2016
Had it before on single glazed front door with small glass panes. Worked brilliantly. Could see who was outside without being seen.
Had new double glazed door fitted and found out that film can't be used on the inside as it heats up the space between the glass panes too much.
Was not that easy to fit on a LARGE window.
Although I had fitted it before on small windows without problems, it was a far more difficult job to get all the air bubbles out. Did it over and over again. Got most I hope now. Edges and corners also fiddly, and cutting with sharp knife hazardous as i needed to avoid cutting into rubber seal of window.
Although sold as an inside fitted film will wait and see how it will last on outside sheltered porch window.
Did not get the 5 stars as it was not that easy to fit and as it is not recommended for outside use.
May change if it survives outdoor use.
Tips:
1. For large windows use 2 people.
2. Make sure you have plenty of soapy water to spray and refresh CONSTANTLY during final air bubble removal, otherwise film might get scratched.
3. If lots of windows need to be done consider professional fitter to avoid "bubble phobia".
4. ?? Suitable for outside use? Will report later