5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality window film
This is a great product which does the job required of it. The important thing is to follow the instructions carefully *, use plenty of the soapy liquid, and you won't go wrong.

Published 12 months ago by Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars The end of the goldfish bowl
The Silver Reflective Window Film is a little tricky to install. You need to be very methodical and have the hands of a surgeon. Once on the window it works well, that is, during daylight hours no one can see in.

Published on 21 Sep 2010 by Stuart Crawshaw

3.0 out of 5 stars The end of the goldfish bowl, 21 Sep 2010
This review is from: Silver Reflective Window Film (Solar Control & Privacy Tint - One Way Mirror / Mirrored Glass) (76cm x 2 metres)

The big disadvantage from my point of view is that it does reduce considerably the light entering the room and prevent my full appreciation of the trees and flowering shrubs in the garden below. It is a little like looking through a stretched net curtain. For some situations, such as an uninspiring outlook and too much sunlight entering the room, this aspect could be an advantage. I have decided not to put the film on the adjacent window.

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost impossible !, 21 Dec 2013
I've used mirror film several times in the past, and always with good results.
Sadly, this product was the worst I've ever encountered.
Firstly - and very significantly, it did not come with any instructions.
However, as I said, I've done this job before and did have some idea of how to do it.
This film was really, really difficult to work with.
It was almost impossible to separate the two films (to expose the adhesive), and once separated, the foil was so flimsy that it just kept doubling on to itself and immediately sticking together, meaning that piece was no longer of use.
I have now tried until I've used all the roll, and unfortunately I don't have a single window mirrored. It's all gone into the bin.
An absolute waste of time and money - and the worst buy I've ever made on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality window film, 12 Dec 2013

*Rather than having an overlap round the sides, I prefer to cut the film with scissors to a fraction less than the exact measurements of the glass. This gives a nice finish and saves having to trim the edges later with a stanley knife which can be tricky.

5.0 out of 5 stars ON REFLECTION....., 19 Sep 2013
LandlubberDave "Dave D." (Clacton on Sea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Our conservatory, which the previous owners had installed, is a smallish 10ft X 8ft and faces due south, consequently it felt more like a greenhouse! A few years ago I replaced the plastic roof with an insulated boarded roof which has helped, but during the summer months we have the top windows permanently open allowing our wall mounted fan to expel much of the hot rising air, but in doing so I have noticed that the front windows being opened at an angle of 45 degrees or more, are also acting as magnifying glasses and intensifying the sun/heat that comes in. This is the reason that I have used this film, which does seem to be helping reduce it.

I had read the other reviews and agree with most of them. Its not a hard, but tricky job that you need to be in the mood for. I only had four small windows to do, but this can be more difficult getting tight corners clean and dust free. After reading the instructions which I thought were well explanatory I rightly or wrongly decided to remove the interior "black" rubber glazing strips that secure the d/g units by inserting the rounded end of a kitchen knife in to release the ends and simply pulling them out, this barely took a few minutes. I then found it really easy to clean the glass and make it dust free, I used some solvent soaked, lint free cloth and then window cleaner, as being in a hot conservatory there was trapped dust and dirt. As I had just the four windows, measuring approx 28ins X 15ins i decided to cut the film to the exact sizes before offering them up to the windows. In the instructions they tell you to use plenty of weak soapy water, which I did on the glass and adhering side of the film, then when it was roughly in position I sprayed the face side of the film to ensure that the squezee never damaged it. I then replaced the rubber glazing strips (no tool needed) which apart from making my job easier completely covers the edges of the newly installed film giving a neat professional finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars One way privacy, 27 Dec 2013
Great film.
Really easy to apply and does exactly what's stated.
You can see outside but no one can see inside.

4.0 out of 5 stars what a difference!, 21 Dec 2013
Living along a busy road with a very low garden wall, we had to keep the venetian blinds down all day. Having put this film on the windows has opened up the room to natural light and opened up the space. Unfortunately it becomes transparent when the room is brighter than the exterior, and this is often the case in winter.

However I do feel that the product is well work the expense and recommend it to anyone having the same privacy problem as we do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, 8 May 2013
I purchased this (and other sizes) to make my conservatory usable. Although it is a bit of an art to put it up, once you get into the swing of it with lots of washing up water sprayed, an able assistant and a window squidgy used, it goes up really well. A word of warning.. once the backing is off, if you are using a large length, make sure that the sticky side does not stick to itself... it is impossible to get apart and will have to be chucked. I have now done every window and my conservatory is now a lovely temperature and I can use it again and it gives me a little more privacy as my neighbors can no longer see my washing drying on the airers! The conservatory is, however a little darker, but I really don't mind that at all, makes it more cosy. As far as I'm concerned this is money well spent... I have use of my conservatory in the hottest weather!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine., 26 Sep 2011
John Farrow "Sparrow" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
Arrived on time so good service. Functions as it supposed to, so good quality. A bit fiddly to install, getting all the air bubbles out took some patience. But providing you follow the instruction properly, it's just time. Overall, very pleased. Thanks!

1.0 out of 5 stars No privacy, 6 April 2014
Does not stick to glass easily and a ll bubbles do not disappear. Not very private can still easily see through the window

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy If You Are Not All Thumbs, 5 Mar 2014
The product is easy to use and with good result, so long as you do not rush it and it is far much easier with a second person to help. Instructions are easy to follow.