Daily Energy is focused on the cycles of life for solar and lunar practices. You can use one of the seven practices that are based on the seven chakras and the five elements, you can use the yoga matrix, or you can use the pre-set practices. Shiva recommends daily practice, rather than longer, but irregular practices. Shiva Rea has been teaching yoga for 20 years. Shiva's soft and encouraging tuition is inspirational, motivational, and at times may make the difference from choosing to practice one day or not, as her enthusiasm for yoga is evident and compelling, as though she has embodied the essence and spirit of yoga. I believe some of the movements and poses are unique to Shiva herself, and some of the poses are traditional yoga postures that you may be familiar with, compiled into a dynamic and flowing sequence that will push you beyond previous limits to find you're the natural flow of your body. Some parts of the DVD may not be suitable for beginners, and I would recommend Daily energy for intermediate and advanced levels - where there will be something for everyone within those levels to enjoy and stretch themselves to new levels (no pun intended).
The Yoga Matrix consists of:-
Solar Meditation - 5 mins
Lunar Meditation - 5 mins
Earth - 20 mins
Heart - Air - 20 mins
Water - 20 mins
Shanti - 20 mins
Fire & Water - 20 mins
Fire - 20 mins
Chakra Namaskar - 20 mins
Core - 7 mins
Forward Bends - 6 mins
Shavasana - 5 mins
The Pre-set practices are:-
1. Solar Meditation + Core + Fire + Shavasana (37 mins). This practice is very dynamic, and great for energising the body, although you will need vast resevoirs of energy in order to complete the practice, so for those feeling high in energy, this practice will be great for you, and it includes great poses, stretches that simply go much further than your ordinary stretches - as they combine with mandala movements, increasing your flexibility of body, mind and soul.
2. Water + Heart-Air + Forward Bends + Shavasana (51 mins). A graceful, flowing practice, with a lot of movements to shake out the body, and free up stagnant energies, and to imbue your being with ultimate peace. Great for the afternoon or evening, or early morning if you are having trouble waking up thoroughly for a more demanding program. The second segment includes a wonderful array of stretches for all parts of the body. Within the segments there are some more difficult postures, which will be great for those who have practiced yoga for a longer period of time.
3. Earth + Fire (40 mins) A great combination of grounding poses for earthing your body, and followed by Fire to energise you once you are grounded.The poses are not too difficult in the earth segment, but more challenging in the fire segment. Use on a day or time when you have an excess of energy to utilise, or use only the earth section, also available through the yoga matrix.
4. Water + Fire (40 mins) The water section is described as for pre-set 2, and fire as for preset 1.
5. Fire + Fire & Water (40 mins) Fire is as for preset 1. Fire & Water offers a great combination to assist to balance you inwardly and externally, with some advanced stretches, but all shared in a less dynamic and more flowing manner. The fire & water is one of my favourite practice segments.
6. Chakra Namaskar + Heart-Air (40 mins). Heart & Air, as for pre-set 2. Chakra Namaskar includes a combination of yoga poses that offer a balance for your body, with one more difficult pose within the segment.