Finally, I search for 2 years for a replacement for my SteelSeries Siberia V1 Full Size Headset (due to the second-worst microphone ever, risked it, and found one.

V2 is smaller than V1.
V2 seems to have equal or better sound quality than V1.
Published on 13 Sept. 2010 by S. Flannery

3.0 out of 5 stars i would love this headset but it did have a few drawbacks ...
i would love this headset but it did have a few drawbacks that would apply to others as well.

pros:
+great sound, mic is excellent, great noise cancellation
+ comfortable! really comfortable, would consider wearing as ear warmers in the cold !!
+ adjustable lights and sound

cons:
- the right headphone stopped working for me due to...
Published 4 months ago by kurt

5.0 out of 5 stars V2, truely an improvement, something extremely close to perfection!, 13 Sept. 2010
S. Flannery "Honour" (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SteelSeries Siberia v2 Full-Size Gaming Headset (White) (Personal Computers)

V2 is smaller than V1.
V2 seems to have equal or better sound quality than V1.
V2 has a microphone which is PRACTICALLY Placed and WORKS VERY VERY WELL - unlike V1's, which detects dogs barking outside 100m away, better than your own voice 20cm away.

V1 however had a better fit for me (with headset size), V2 however is very slightly more comfortable (both I can wear for a full 18 hrs with discomfort only appearing between the 14th and 18th hr).

If you want a quality PC headset, BUY THIS. If you want an improvement on V1, well.. BUY THIS!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Engineering!, 24 Jan. 2010
Mr. C. Leslie "Lox" (Horsham, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The first moment I took this headset out of the box, I knew it was going to be good. It felt solid but so much lighter than any other item I've had. It is so comfortable on the head, and of course the main feature, the sound quality is top notch. The microphone is clear and the pushing back into the earcup feature is both brilliant and fun. The only issue I have with it is that it can be a little creaky, I noticed that if I was chewing or talking sometimes there would be a slight creaking noise coming from the earcup housing.

However, that is a minor thing and has not afected my use of it. All-in-all the Siberia v2 is the best headset I've used in all my gaming life!

5.0 out of 5 stars SteelSeries Siberia V2, 4 Nov. 2010
Miss Joanna Haywood (Taunton UK) - See all my reviews
A brilliant headset capable of very-high quality sound reproduction for it's price tag. The headset sits very nicely on the head thanks spring-system headband, the cups fit completely cover the ear ensuring a cosy fit, this also helps to block out ambient noise. The headset is also very lightweight, so you can wear it for several hours with little quibbles. I haven't had the chance to test the microphone yet but going from other reviews I will be expecting a solid-performance. I have tested the headset on Modern Warfare 2 although I do believe it gives you an advantage e.g. hearing enemy footsteps, the advantage is slight for my playing style at least. I think a player with a more defensive style of play would benefit more. But as an immersive experience it is top-notch footsteps, gunshots and explosions all sound very crisp thanks to excellent highs, mids and lows. Performance in music is also very-good, don't expect professional results, but the majority of users will be satisfied with the performance of the Siberia's in this area. The Siberia's also perform well when watching films and I actually prefer the sound to my existing surround sound in my living-room. A very versatile product with a very appealing price tag 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 Oct. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've had this headset for around 6 months and it hasn't let me down once. The mic quality is extremely high for the price (comparable to blue snowballs in my opinion), and it slides into the left cup for storage. My favorite features with this beast would be the leather earcups and auto adjusting head band. My mates who have tried mine out love it - it fits anyones heads comfortably. With the SteelSeries Siberia Soundcard USB White (PC) (sold separately) this headset gains virtual 7.1 surround sound and top-notch quality audio which makes watching movies or playing video games a delight. For anyone who has an xbox 360 you can buy SteelSeries Xbox 360 Headset Connector - Headset adapter - 3.1 m - white to use the mic with your xbox console.

Altogether one of the best headsets for the price on the market today. Well done SteelSeries you really have improved my game :)

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it!, 27 Feb. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I decided to purchase the Siberia v2's over a year ago and haven't looked back, I use them professionally on the xbox360 online and also at tournaments, the quality build on these is excellent having lasted me a long time already they have never had any faulty problems.

The headset itself seems very light on the head compared to other headsets i have used, i like the mic on the headset, its like nothing I've used before because of the unique design enabling it to slide back into the headset when your not using them. If you game late at night these are perfect as the noise reduction is excellent so you can game in silence. Overall i would recommend this headset to any serious gamer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if fragile..., 12 Dec. 2011
... or really strong but thin materials

TL;DR in advance: Sound, comfort and quality: high. How much would I pay for these? £50-70

I had a lot of um'ing and ah'ing about which headset to buy once audio faded in my old pair, and I am not disappointed with these. Having never purchased a branded pair of PC headphones I was unsure which people were fanboy'ing over their favourite brand and which were giving honest advice. This review has no bias on that, don't you worry.

I was expecting the white bars to be solid metal with a name like SteelSeries, and I was after heavy duty so it seemed like a good call. When I first touched it, it was plastic, so I squeezed it and hurt my fingers. There's metal in there so it isn't as cheap as it might seem.

Earcups- massive. I've been told I have big ears by pretty much everyone (T^T) but they snuggle right into the cups. I did have a couple of nights where after 6+ hours of use (Damn you Skyrim!) the tops of my ears hurt, but I started making sure the headset was properly settled around my ears and that pain hasn't happened again in a month (with more skyrim marathons and the like)

I've never had a pair of 5.1 headphones but these are very close to what I would expect the sound to be like. Bass is sort of thumpy and I haven't had any tinny-quality to the sounds.

Retractable Mic- I didn't think I'd like it, but I did. The only time it annoys me is when my hair gets caught on it and it kinda hurts, but if your hair is less than a foot long there will be NO problems there for you. Uni-directional is right, too. I always got complaints from Skype-ees about background noise - my mother, the television, my mother, people talking in the front room, and my mother. When I first tried using it, they told me I was very quiet. I had it about 2cm away from my lips at this time. It is REALLY directional. Luckily it's flexible and once it faced my lips it was crystal clear.

Headband- the automatic adjust on it is very nice, I had to change my way of putting headphones on though. No more will I sweep them back to settle on my head, I will forever be putting them on from above and straight down. I read one review on here that said the owner thought the bands would snap if he touched them, they seem to be more steel wiring encased in a twisted plastic sleeve and therefore feel sturdy.

Overall, for comfort, sound/mic quality and quality of build it's probably between a 4 and a 5, and all 3 of those add up to a super pair of headphones. I probably wont re-buy them if I have any breakage, simply because with these as a benchmark I feel like I could critique another pair very fairly. If that ever happens I can repost a review on these and suggest between the two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality headset, great sound, amazing microphone quality and incredibly comfortable., 30 July 2014
After suffering with another (more expensive) wireless headset I thought enough was enough and decided to go back to wired. After scouring the web I settled on the Siberia V2 headphones from SteelSeries. I fell in love with them right out of the box, at around £30 cheaper than my old headset I was impressed at the build quality of the headphones. They feel sturdy but lightweight and the suspension system by which they adjust to your head means you no longer have to re-adjust your headphones after lending them to someone else.

They are insanely comfortable, you get the usual ear sweating you get with closed cup headphones but the isolation and sound quality more than makes up for it. The base you get on the headset is amazing and I would recommend when using on a PC to setup virtual surround sound which is usually available for most sound cards. This makes the audio appear more realistic rather than inside your head which can happen with closed cup headphones.

The headphones come with a short cable for people who are close to their PC but also a much longer one. This is a great idea as obviously there are so many different kinds of PC setup it is hard to decide on the right cable length so including a decent length cable on the headset with a long extension is the right way to go here. I personally have attached the extension to the underside of my desk so I simply need to plug my headphones in right next to me and not fiddle about with the front/back of my pc.

The microphone quality is amazing and it is also unidirectional so avoids picking up external noises in the room. Another amazing feature is you can use these as just headphones without looking stupid as the microphones actually slides into the headset. Meaning you can wear these out and about as a stylish pair of headphones (make sure you pay attention as closed cup means you might not hear cars etc) you can wear without looking dumb.

All in all these are the most comfortable and high quality headphones I have every owned and stylish to boot. For the price you really can't complain so buy a pair and find out for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic! Good price and most comfortable & light!, 22 Feb. 2014
OK, so maybe it's because I'm female and have pretty small head but I find a lot of gaming headsets to be really heavy across the top of the head where the band goes. I'm also fussy about the cups pressing my ears and it took an age to find a headset I liked.

This headset has a self adjusting headband (the black strip) which allows it to sit on your head without pressing down or slipping. The ear cups are just the right size for my ears to go into the middle of the cup so they block out sound well and don't press on your ears (I have average sized ears). The ear cups are cushioned nicely, not overly stuffed and hard but not saggy either, and it's a pvc style material so you don't end up with sweaty head syndrome as much as when you have the material cups!

The sound quality is good, I'm not a shoot em up girl so I can't say about massive directional sound but on the mmorpgs etc it does the trick nicely. The mic works well (i never extend my mic, it's also in the cup and there's never been a problem) and the mute and sound control is on the wire so no boom to click up and down and end up breaking in a rage moment!

The design is actually very sturdy, I've had them about 16 months now and nothing has gone wrong despite my parrot biting and climbing on them and my 2 young kids getting their sticky mitts on them. They have been bashed and dropped and are still fine, although I do try and limit this for obvious reasons.

The only downside (and it is slight) is that the cable is short, however it comes with a massive extension, which then makes it too long. I have used the extension and then taped half of it to the side of my desk so I have a little more room to move but don't run over the cable (which I have also done about 6 times and got the thing caught in the chair wheel!)

If you don't want to spend £100s but want a headset to wear for long periods (I've had these on doing one thing of another for over 10 hours at times, either working or gaming...or both...) then these are the ones for you. Oh, they are not usb connection either but the headphone and mic jacks, which with windows 8 you need to put in separately in order for it to recognize its a 2 in 1, or at least i had to with my new rig.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal clear with High quality!, 13 May 2013
Thanks amazon for having Steelseries products, a very well known company with high quality products.

I have read a lot of reviews about Siberia V2 and i was expecting a lot from it, the finaly theN headset arrived to my place and i had the chance to try them myself, the look of Siberia V2 is space alike and i really really like it so much, i have a white case and when this headset sits on the top of my case it looks magnificent.

The sound is crystal clear, u hear no pitch noises just the sound u want to hear and its really clean, even if u set the volume to 100 it doesnt make any wierd noise at all, most of the headsets they play wrong when volume is at max but this Siberia v2 sparkles all over when it comes to quality of the sound.

They are Stereo but i need to say that if ur motherboard or ur sound card support surround or Ultra PC II like my M5A99X evo rev.2 has u can enable it and u have some rly hot improvments on this headset, not only enhances the bass by a high margain it also enables surround sound and you can hear the music of the games and movies in ur ears just like its 5.1 headset, i checked it out in world of warcaft, i told to a friend of mine to start casting for some minutes while i move my character around him with my eyes closed, and yes i got amuzed of how when i was guessing his positioning with my eyes closed when i was opening them it was just in the place i had guess! My tests passed with flying colors im very happy with this purchase, i have never use any better headset and i hope these ones will last for more than a year cuz i really love them, and the white color is more than pleasant for my taste.

Strong plus about Siberia V2 : Light feather materials, most of the parts are high quality plastic but when you place it in ur head u dont feel any heavy at all , that means u can use them for many hours without hurts or headaches.
Noise cancelation, it reduces the noices around you cuz of the foam and the leather earcups it has, they called me on my phone and while sound was at 50% i barerly heared it, thats a strong con if u take ur headset to a lan party - internet cafe or even at home with ur loudy childrens :).
It has a good mic that gets in and out from the left speaker of the headset, u can pull it out when u want to use communication open the mic button in the control of the headset and its ready, same of hiding it, push it back it and close the button from control.
The design is magnificent, the bass is good , it has crustal sound and its light as a feather.

One thing i want to mention also about the ear cups, i do have big ear like 6.8cm and i was worried if they will fit perfectly into the siberia v2, i was really really worried but when i placed them in my head , *tada* they prefectly fited, i was so happy about this, it looks like i have found the perfect headset for me and it works magnificent.

I reccomend this headset to everyone who play games - watching movies - listening to music. The sound is perfect and high quality the build of this headset is unique and it has steal my heart.

Thanks amazon , thanks people for reading my review and i wish you all happy shopping!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mid priced gaming headset., 5 Feb. 2013
I have no knowledge of the v1, so I cannot comment on improvements added in this second incarnation of the Siberia, but I was using a pair of Sony DJ headphones before for CS:GO and I thought they were pretty decent for gaming until I bought this Siberia.

In the past I've had a few Creative Fatal1ty headsets which were a good entry level headset, but this just takes your gaming experience that one notch higher, incredibly crisp sound reproduction with 50mm drivers for that bassy kick for music and films, They are designed to they fit over your ears and partially block background noises and other sounds, and the way they fit over your head is a wonderful innovative design feature, I believe it's called a suspension system, anyhow you can wear these for 4-6 hours straight and be in no discomfort at all.

The mic is very clear and crisp too, retracting (you just push it in]] into the ear cup if you want it to be discrete, if for example you were using them to listen to music whilst walking along in public.

Overall I couldn't be happier, if you want a great, comfortable headset for gaming of any kind (although I believe they are geared towards the FPS market) then look no further, these are a well made product that you will be mightily impressed with for fifty odd quid.