Finally, I search for 2 years for a replacement for my SteelSeries Siberia V1 Full Size Headset (due to the second-worst microphone ever, risked it, and found one.

V2 is smaller than V1.
V2 seems to have equal or better sound quality than V1.
Published on 13 Sep 2010 by S. Flannery

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
The sound was immense. But the cable proved too thin, tripped on it once and it snapped in half.
Published 2 months ago by Chriis

5.0 out of 5 stars V2, truely an improvement, something extremely close to perfection!, 13 Sep 2010
S. Flannery "Honour" (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full Size Headset with Microphone - White (PC) (Personal Computers)

V2 is smaller than V1.
V2 seems to have equal or better sound quality than V1.
V2 has a microphone which is PRACTICALLY Placed and WORKS VERY VERY WELL - unlike V1's, which detects dogs barking outside 100m away, better than your own voice 20cm away.

V1 however had a better fit for me (with headset size), V2 however is very slightly more comfortable (both I can wear for a full 18 hrs with discomfort only appearing between the 14th and 18th hr).

If you want a quality PC headset, BUY THIS. If you want an improvement on V1, well.. BUY THIS!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Engineering!, 24 Jan 2010
Mr. C. Leslie "Lox" (Horsham, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The first moment I took this headset out of the box, I knew it was going to be good. It felt solid but so much lighter than any other item I've had. It is so comfortable on the head, and of course the main feature, the sound quality is top notch. The microphone is clear and the pushing back into the earcup feature is both brilliant and fun. The only issue I have with it is that it can be a little creaky, I noticed that if I was chewing or talking sometimes there would be a slight creaking noise coming from the earcup housing.

However, that is a minor thing and has not afected my use of it. All-in-all the Siberia v2 is the best headset I've used in all my gaming life!

5.0 out of 5 stars SteelSeries Siberia V2, 4 Nov 2010
Miss Joanna Haywood (Taunton UK) - See all my reviews
A brilliant headset capable of very-high quality sound reproduction for it's price tag. The headset sits very nicely on the head thanks spring-system headband, the cups fit completely cover the ear ensuring a cosy fit, this also helps to block out ambient noise. The headset is also very lightweight, so you can wear it for several hours with little quibbles. I haven't had the chance to test the microphone yet but going from other reviews I will be expecting a solid-performance. I have tested the headset on Modern Warfare 2 although I do believe it gives you an advantage e.g. hearing enemy footsteps, the advantage is slight for my playing style at least. I think a player with a more defensive style of play would benefit more. But as an immersive experience it is top-notch footsteps, gunshots and explosions all sound very crisp thanks to excellent highs, mids and lows. Performance in music is also very-good, don't expect professional results, but the majority of users will be satisfied with the performance of the Siberia's in this area. The Siberia's also perform well when watching films and I actually prefer the sound to my existing surround sound in my living-room. A very versatile product with a very appealing price tag 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 Oct 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've had this headset for around 6 months and it hasn't let me down once. The mic quality is extremely high for the price (comparable to blue snowballs in my opinion), and it slides into the left cup for storage. My favorite features with this beast would be the leather earcups and auto adjusting head band. My mates who have tried mine out love it - it fits anyones heads comfortably. With the SteelSeries Siberia Soundcard USB White (PC) (sold separately) this headset gains virtual 7.1 surround sound and top-notch quality audio which makes watching movies or playing video games a delight. For anyone who has an xbox 360 you can buy SteelSeries Xbox 360 Headset Connector - Headset adapter - 3.1 m - white to use the mic with your xbox console.

Altogether one of the best headsets for the price on the market today. Well done SteelSeries you really have improved my game :)

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it!, 27 Feb 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I decided to purchase the Siberia v2's over a year ago and haven't looked back, I use them professionally on the xbox360 online and also at tournaments, the quality build on these is excellent having lasted me a long time already they have never had any faulty problems.

The headset itself seems very light on the head compared to other headsets i have used, i like the mic on the headset, its like nothing I've used before because of the unique design enabling it to slide back into the headset when your not using them. If you game late at night these are perfect as the noise reduction is excellent so you can game in silence. Overall i would recommend this headset to any serious gamer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure if fragile..., 12 Dec 2011
... or really strong but thin materials

TL;DR in advance: Sound, comfort and quality: high. How much would I pay for these? £50-70

I had a lot of um'ing and ah'ing about which headset to buy once audio faded in my old pair, and I am not disappointed with these. Having never purchased a branded pair of PC headphones I was unsure which people were fanboy'ing over their favourite brand and which were giving honest advice. This review has no bias on that, don't you worry.

I was expecting the white bars to be solid metal with a name like SteelSeries, and I was after heavy duty so it seemed like a good call. When I first touched it, it was plastic, so I squeezed it and hurt my fingers. There's metal in there so it isn't as cheap as it might seem.

Earcups- massive. I've been told I have big ears by pretty much everyone (T^T) but they snuggle right into the cups. I did have a couple of nights where after 6+ hours of use (Damn you Skyrim!) the tops of my ears hurt, but I started making sure the headset was properly settled around my ears and that pain hasn't happened again in a month (with more skyrim marathons and the like)

I've never had a pair of 5.1 headphones but these are very close to what I would expect the sound to be like. Bass is sort of thumpy and I haven't had any tinny-quality to the sounds.

Retractable Mic- I didn't think I'd like it, but I did. The only time it annoys me is when my hair gets caught on it and it kinda hurts, but if your hair is less than a foot long there will be NO problems there for you. Uni-directional is right, too. I always got complaints from Skype-ees about background noise - my mother, the television, my mother, people talking in the front room, and my mother. When I first tried using it, they told me I was very quiet. I had it about 2cm away from my lips at this time. It is REALLY directional. Luckily it's flexible and once it faced my lips it was crystal clear.

Headband- the automatic adjust on it is very nice, I had to change my way of putting headphones on though. No more will I sweep them back to settle on my head, I will forever be putting them on from above and straight down. I read one review on here that said the owner thought the bands would snap if he touched them, they seem to be more steel wiring encased in a twisted plastic sleeve and therefore feel sturdy.

Overall, for comfort, sound/mic quality and quality of build it's probably between a 4 and a 5, and all 3 of those add up to a super pair of headphones. I probably wont re-buy them if I have any breakage, simply because with these as a benchmark I feel like I could critique another pair very fairly. If that ever happens I can repost a review on these and suggest between the two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality headset, great sound, amazing microphone quality and incredibly comfortable., 30 July 2014
A. Hobson "Lycanfox" (Uk) - See all my reviews
After suffering with another (more expensive) wireless headset I thought enough was enough and decided to go back to wired. After scouring the web I settled on the Siberia V2 headphones from SteelSeries. I fell in love with them right out of the box, at around £30 cheaper than my old headset I was impressed at the build quality of the headphones. They feel sturdy but lightweight and the suspension system by which they adjust to your head means you no longer have to re-adjust your headphones after lending them to someone else.

They are insanely comfortable, you get the usual ear sweating you get with closed cup headphones but the isolation and sound quality more than makes up for it. The base you get on the headset is amazing and I would recommend when using on a PC to setup virtual surround sound which is usually available for most sound cards. This makes the audio appear more realistic rather than inside your head which can happen with closed cup headphones.

The headphones come with a short cable for people who are close to their PC but also a much longer one. This is a great idea as obviously there are so many different kinds of PC setup it is hard to decide on the right cable length so including a decent length cable on the headset with a long extension is the right way to go here. I personally have attached the extension to the underside of my desk so I simply need to plug my headphones in right next to me and not fiddle about with the front/back of my pc.

The microphone quality is amazing and it is also unidirectional so avoids picking up external noises in the room. Another amazing feature is you can use these as just headphones without looking stupid as the microphones actually slides into the headset. Meaning you can wear these out and about as a stylish pair of headphones (make sure you pay attention as closed cup means you might not hear cars etc) you can wear without looking dumb.

All in all these are the most comfortable and high quality headphones I have every owned and stylish to boot. For the price you really can't complain so buy a pair and find out for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Video review for Steelseries Siberia v2, 25 Oct 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have had this headset for quite a while now and did a video review on it :)

[...]

I really love this headset and would very much recommend it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars i will never take sound for granted again, 10 May 2014
I've previously owned these headphones before- they lasted me around 2 years before the sound went in the right ear.
sound quality is brilliant, they are comfortable enough to wear for hours without any discomfort - i couldnt imagine gaming without them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 16 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Had it a couple of weeks now, had some trouble getting it set up due to a bad sound card but now its all sorted its great! doesn't let any sound out very high quality microphone and I can hear audio very clearly also extremely comfortable headset! :)