5.0 out of 5 stars Wii for the elderly
As we have just retired we wanted to keep mind and body active especially through the winter months. We have had a lot of fun and become very competitive. I especially recommend the Wii Fit + to any elderly people wanting to keep themselves in good shape.
Published on 20 Dec 2009 by K. Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
Used very often at first but recently left in the box. Novelty seems to have worn off at present but good entertainment for children visiting.
Published 17 months ago by M. Bernard

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii for the elderly, 20 Dec 2009
K. Cooper (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo Wii Console with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort and Motion Plus Controller (Wii) (Video Game)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic console, Fantastic price., 29 Oct 2009
J. Matthews - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Ok. Lets start with what you get in the box. I received mine today.
1. Nintendo Wii White Console
2.1 Wii remote
3.1 Nunchuck
4. All nesacerry leads
5. Wii Sports
6. Wii Sports Resort
7. Wii Motionplus
8. 2 Free Games (I chose Star Wars and Disney Sing It).
Firstly, the console looks great. Its a clean, glossy white with few buttons and a stylish angular design. It has a bright blue light that shimmers when you enter a disk and when you recieve a message. The console is very easy to set up. The graphics are very good, better than the playstation 2, but sadly not as good as the playstation 3 or xbox 360, but depending on the game, the graphics are still excellent. The gameplay is fantastic due to the ultra accurate wii motionplus control. Connects to the internet easily, quickly and has a free, high quality browser. Also available to download retro games from a wide variety of older systems. Overall a ten out of ten console, and this offer is by far the best I have seen anywhere. Go buy, you won't be disapointed!
Graphics - 9/10
Price - 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't forget to add your FREE GAMES, 20 Oct 2009
N. Ryall - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great value for money but make sure you add the free games before going to the checkout (see below the "Special Offers and Product Promotions" heading on the product page)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not without it's flaws but a cracking console nonetheless., 11 May 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The Wii does have it's flaws:

* Average graphics
* Pretty poor control system
* A complete lack of channels
* A limited system memory
* Childish games

However the good points about the Wii far outstrip the bad.

* An internet channel
* Almost everything easy to set up
* Backwards compatible
* A few fantastic games
* The BBC iplayer channel
* A shopping channel where you can purchase old classics as well as new games
* A great online gaming experience with alot of games
* The ability to use the gamecube and classic controller
* Wii sports
* SD reader where you can view your pictures and music.
* USB inputs where you can charge your ipod, phone or access your USB memory stick.

The Wii is probably not better then the 360 elite and it's deffinitely no match for the mighty PS3...but it doesn't half put up a fight.

Growing up with a PS2 that was not connected to the net it's amazing to discover just what the Wii can do.

I know many people who don't get their net working with their Wii and it's such a shame because all the good stuff comes with the internet, when you have the internet on your Wii it's as if you discover a tardis effect. The Wii's hood is up if you like and you see it's engine...it's full potential.

One of the best points about the console is the backward compatibility. I never played a gamecube game before I purchased the Wii. Quickly I discovered that the Gamecube games are usually ten times better than the Wii's somewhat childish catalogue of games.

I really love this console and can see it surviving longer than the PS3 or the 360...the Wii already sells better then either of these powerful consoles.

As for this package though Resort is a poor game in my view and the makers ruined their chances of creating a great golf game by adding the curving rubbish. Although table tennis is a lot of fun, but it's not worth buying the game just for that.

Also the Motion Plus is a waste of money too as it doen't seem to make a huge difference in my opinion, and if anything it makes games alot harder.

Ignoring these pointless additions you get a fantisic console which is basically a multimedia centre.
Get a Wii...you won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply FANTASTIC, 19 Dec 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm a girl who has owned ZX Spectrum, Atari, Sega, PlayStation (longest ownership) and now, Nintendo Wii. I couldn't be more neutral when it comes to gaming consoles. Honestly, if this wasn't a Wii review, I would tell everyone to go home because Atari takes the cake STILL.

Anyway, I noticed that a lot of people downgrading the Wii have nothing solid to say against it except pulling out the graphics insults and the "Xbox/PlayStation is better" insults. These very people would also stop short of killing each other while reviewing the PlayStation against the Xbox too. Here are some common arguments presented and my responses to them:

1. OMG WII GRAPHICS ARE POOR - no, they are not. Graphics aren't everything, it's the game-play and gaming experience that matters. That being said, the graphics on the Wii are by no means poor. Please pick up a copy of Golden Eye or Black Ops and tell me if it's "poor". And really, if you think it is, I think there is something wrong with you or your eyesight. They might not be top of the range, but they are far from being bad. And please stop referring to Wii Sports or Mario/Classic Nintendo games because THEY ARE MEANT TO HAVE THOSE KIND OF GRAPHICS! The whole purpose is to give gamers that retro experience with some modern elements to it. If you're a kid born in like 1993, of course you're not going to understand that. I would never want to pick up a copy of Mario if he looked like a real life human being with swords and guns in his hand, going around butchering people.

2. WII GETS BORING AFTER A WHILE - no, it does not. There are plenty of games on the Wii to choose form, and they continue to make more games. Let's not forget that they also release latest titles like Call of Duty: Black Ops. If you're playing SO many video games that you run out of good games to choose from, I suggest you either get a job or find some other hobby because you have an unhealthy life-style playing video games all day long. I have a full-time job and it takes me a while to finish a game. I honestly don't understand how people can finish a game within a few days and then complain that the console got boring. Re-evaluate your lifestyle, not your purchase.

3. SWINGING ARMS ALL THE TIME GETS OLD AND BORING - in case you didn't notice, there are classic controllers (not just the Game Cube ones) that are available for the Wii to play some of the games. Regardless, what's wrong with swinging your arms? Sitting on the couch in one position for hours and hours straight, tapping on the buttons frantically while staring at the screen is meant to be interesting!? I think you guys should do yourselves a favor and swing your arms, shed some weight, and get some exercise. It's actually quite therapeutic. And by the way...if swinging your arms isn't fun, then what are PlayStation's new sensor and Xbox connect all about???

4. WII NEEDS MORE ADULT GAMES - the Wii is aimed at people of all ages for some family and/or individual fun. While Mario Kart may seem like a childish game, I enjoy it despite being 24 years of age. Most people are referring to violent and gory games when they say "adult games". If you're a hard-core gamer, then perhaps, Wii isn't for you. It's for people who just look for an hour (or two) of fun every other day. I love having a laugh with my sister as we play tennis on it. But if I was going to lock myself in a room to try and finish every level of GOD OF WAR, then I wouldn't be buying a Wii. Please do your research before you purchase something and then bash it.

5. WII DOES NOT HAVE STRONG HARDWARE - not sure what this argument is about but if you're going to talk about "strong hardware" then let's have a laugh at the ever so expensive Xbox with it's 'ring of death' problems. I've HARDLY heard of people having issues with Wii's hardware performance but I do hear a lot of rants about the other two major consoles. Nintendo has more experience in the gaming field than Sony or Microsoft. There is a reason why they continue to make profits even when its two rivals were making losses.

I'm sure I'm going to strike some nerves with this review considering I made references to Xbox and PlayStation. Just to clear up, I will ALWAYS be in love with my old PlayStation, but truth be told, Nintendo broke the mould. It was the first console that brought body movements into game-play. People bashed the idea when it first came out and now they're camping outside stores in the middle of the night to get their hands on Kinect. 70 million plus people in the world have purchased the Wii (almost DOUBLE the amount of people who purchased other consoles in the same years) so I'm going to have to say that it is a pretty successful, innovative, and fun machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo Wii console package, 18 Nov 2009
S. Johnson (MANCHESTER) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I was thinking about buying a Nintendo Wii Fit for sometime, but put it off as you do. After speaking to family & colleagues at work - I thought give it a go.

First I bought the Wii package - that was the console with the wii sports & the wii sports resort + 2 free games. I gave it a go & it is the best thing I ever bought - LOVE IT.

Then I bought the Wii fit - also since then I have just bought the new 'Wii Fit Plus' So much fun exercising in the privacy of your own home and costs you nothing.

Looking forward to my visitors coming at Christmas, can see us having Wii parties.

BUY IT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous gift, 18 Dec 2009
R. Ellis (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This was a gift for my wife on her my birthday, she loved it. We have had a lot of fun playing and especially when the grandchildren are here and we have family challenges. Would recommend it to anyone, any age!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars grandmaburn wii, 1 Jun 2010
B. Burn "grandmaburn" (North East England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought the Wii after my grandchildren brought theirs over for the weekend. My husband & I are having so much fun with it. I love the tennis and bowling and it really keeps you fit. In addition I bought the Wii Fit and Fitness board and I do at least 30 minutes of exercise every day and have lost 5ibs in 4 weeks and my BMI has come down! There is such a variety of activities so you never get bored. I wasn't as keen on the Sports Resort so have given it to the grandchildren as I think it is aimed more at children than pensioners!!!! So glad I bought the Wii though. It was so easy to set up too.

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain and a half!, 5 Oct 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
wow this has to be one of the best deals anywhere am pretty sure this is gonna happen everywhere just before xmas which is total awesome just shame i didnt wait for it!

if for some reason you havent got a wii or are simply holding it off wait no longer. u simply have to own a wii and why wouldnt you buy one when it is this cheap with such good games included as well + 2 free game whooa that is immense.

10/10 - system

probably nintys best system to date as it is pretty much backwards compatible with all their old systems via virtual console and GC emulation. awesome.

10/10 - controls

yes it depends on the game but the controls are there and they rock, also with motion plus they bring the games to new heights. fantastic.

10/10 - games

most of the games out at the moment are well decent, some stinkers, some classics but there is seriously loads out there with heaps more coming. great.

10/10 - wii sports
10/10 - wii sports resort

both these games are brilliant i remeber on launch day back in 2006 playing wii sports for the first time was truly a gaming moment to remember! i think u shud play wii sports first then resort after just so u can how it all began, i love both these games superb.

overall if your thinking about getting a wii then i absolutely 100% think u shud buy this awesome deal, u wont regret it. buy buy buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo are PURE WIN., 26 July 2010
A. Assad (UK.) - See all my reviews
Nintendo NEVER let me down,
They always come back with something greater and innovative, and they have done so again.
Although this review is 3/4 years late. It certainly deserves to have a positive review at the least.
Wii has a large variety of games for all types of consumers in the gaming industry, it is NOT just MARIO and ZELDA.
There is a lot of shovelware on the Wii but also has amazing games too such as little king's story and Tatsunoko VS Capcom.
I own a Wii and Xbox 360, and to be honest, I would choose the Wii over the xbox any day. The appeal factors between both are very different however Wii appeals to large section of the gaming industry stating and proving the fact that the Wii is the greater console, and it is also the cheapest.
There is a reason why it has sold more then the Xbox 360 and PS3 combined and you will realise that when you buy it.
No hesitations, if you can afford it and want it. Go for it, won't regret it one bit.