5.0 out of 5 stars Harry, The Real Deal
Over the past few years it has become fashionable for rock singers, pop singers and even country singers to dip into the Great American Songbook with varying degrees of success. Here, Harry Connick Jr shows himself to be the real deal adding some newer songs to the concept and four classic songs penned by Brits.

One great advantage that this CD enjoys is in the...
Published on 12 Nov 2009 by Angel Delta

3.0 out of 5 stars Vaguely disappointing
I was expecting more from this. Mr. Connick has been around for so many years, and it's a polished smooth performance, no doubt. But I really want to hear this guy let go and actually enjoy himself.
Published on 13 April 2011 by malteser

3.0 out of 5 stars Vaguely disappointing, 13 April 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening Crooner, 26 Mar 2011
Welsh Grandma (Wrexham, North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Songs (Audio CD)
Most people have heard of Michael Buble but I think that Harry Connick Jnr seems to have taken a back seat lately in people's opinions. Indeed, I have Michael Buble albums myself and those by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett and more recently the complete American songbook by Rod Stewart. All of them are brought down from the shelf occasionally and find themselves in my CD player.

When I first heard Harry Connick, yes, I thought he sounded like Frank Sinatra but years later and having listened to him more carefully, it is more obvious now that his technique is more mellow even and dare I say, more refined.

If you are a person who likes easy listening music, the kind you can leave in the car and just instantly sing along to (your tensions eased as you sit at the traffic lights) then give this CD a try. You won't be sorry you did!

4.0 out of 5 stars He sings better than Frank, 23 May 2010
L. Hjorth (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Songs [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I bought this album as a present to my better half. I like it too as well, and I must say that I personally think he sings the Sinatra song better than Frank did. It's a pleasent album that makes you in a good mood. An in comes in 180 gr. vinyl in quality innersleeves, no flimsy cheap paper here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Connick as he used to be!, 18 Dec 2009
M. Reyes Robledo Fernandez "Reyes" (Madrid, SPAIN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Songs (Audio CD)
Forme, this is the best CD Harry Connick has produced in years, it reminds me a lot of the early Harry Connick CD's which have always been my favourites.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 5 Dec 2009
This review is from: Your Songs (Audio CD)
Good selection of songs listed but sang in a rather lack lustre way. Not the best Harry can do!

4.0 out of 5 stars Harry the Genius!, 13 Dec 2009
Ms. Amy Hunt (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Songs (Audio CD)
I love all his songs. So like Frank Sinatra it is quite uncanny.. Has a great voice, no other person can beat him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth as Silk, Harry, 30 Jan 2010
A. French "Poem Poet" (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your Songs (Audio CD)
This is my first Harry Connick Junior album and I am so glad I bought it. I have Michael Buble's latest and this album of Harry's makes a fine addition to my collection, I play them back to back for a really relaxing time. Marvellous.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy listening, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Your Songs (Audio CD)
enjoying this easy listening cd good quality prompt delivery the cd and the cd case were in very good condition as I would expect

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Your Songs (Audio CD)
this item was ok for its purpose and did just what i wanted it to do and no more thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Connick Jr. at his melancholic pinnacle., 9 Jun 2010
film fan (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Your Songs (Audio CD)
I got this album cause I was intrigued by how Harry Connick Jr. would treat the well known ballads from days gone by. I was pleasantly surprised and then some. He really did them justice and gave them just the right amount of smultz. The arrangemnents, as always, are from the top drawer as one would expect from the great man and the album in my view is a triumph.

A couple of tracks stand out for me. There's the up-tempo of 'Your Song' which is great fun and the orchestral rhythms that are intigrated along with the big band sound especially on 'Just The Way You Are' and his wonderful version of Charlie Chaplin's 'Smile'. Harry Connick Jr. has a knack of turning songs that are great in their own right by other artists who had hits with them, and turning them into one of his own.

Bravo Mr Connick Jr. Another brilliant album.

Your Songs
Your Songs by Harry Connick Jr. (Audio CD - 2009)