4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good
I really enjoy this album. While I agree that its not their best album yet, I have to say it's solid. It does have more worship songs, but they are really good. Blessed Redeemer is a beautiful song about Christ' sacrifice for us. If We've Ever Needed You is a great song- possibly one of my favourites.

I can see what people are saying,that if you were expecting...
Published on 27 Nov 2009 by J. D. MCNAUGHTON

3.0 out of 5 stars A Real Let Down for This Fan
Like so many others, I discovered Casting Crowns with their debut CD. Their mix of worship, challenge, and encouragement have made all three of their previous releases some of my favorites in recent years.

Published on 20 Nov 2009 by Mark Baker

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 27 Nov 2009
J. D. MCNAUGHTON (Central Region, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)

I can see what people are saying,that if you were expecting songs that challengeyou then you might be disappointed. However, just because its something which is a bit different- don't write it off. I've listened to it loads and love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Real Let Down for This Fan, 20 Nov 2009
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)

Their latest disc focuses almost exclusively on worship music. Frankly, I've always felt that was their weakest element. This disc doesn't do much to change my mind.

It's not that the lyrics and the ideas are bad. They just aren't nearly as solid as they are when they are calling out the church or encouraging us. There is no "What If His People Prayed" or even "East to West" here.

Not that the songs here are bad. "Until the Whole World Hears" is a call to keep preaching the gospel. "To Know You" reminds us of all we can have in Christ. "Holy One" is a fast praise song based partially around Psalm 63. And as a bonus 12th track, we get "Shadow of Your Wings," which is an early incarnation of that song. Frankly, I like both versions. And they have a new arrangement of the classic "Joyful, Joyful" that I really enjoy.

But my favorite song on the disc is "Jesus, Hold Me Now." What's interesting is the verses are from their song "The Prodigal" from their second disc. They've given it an all new chorus and melody. If you didn't know, you'd say they wrote this song from scratch.

The other problem this disc has is the music. Too many of the songs use the same tempo and instruments. It lets them blend together instead of standing out so I can really connect with them.

After listening to it constantly for two days, I can say I like it. I just don't love it like I have their previous releases. Hopefully, this is an anomaly and not a sign of things to come from this great group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casting Crowns, 22 Nov 2013
D. Dean "djd" (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
I love this group. Glorious Day, I found on the web and looked for a cd with it included. Marvellous.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5*, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
Absolutely fantastic! Reaches right into your soul. Thank you Jesus for providing such a talented band! God bless and Amen! :-) x

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit from the Crowns, 13 July 2013
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
Again a brilliant CD from the Crowns team. I just want to carry on playing it over and over again

5.0 out of 5 stars Poignant, 10 Feb 2013
Paul (Basingstoke) - See all my reviews
exellent tunes, lyrics, rhythym - I enjoyed this immensely. This is another album from Casting Crowns that shows both their professionalism and candid love for Jesus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, 27 Jan 2012
Mr. R. D. Wardrop (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
I have lots of worship CDs. I bought this one at the end of September 2011 and I have not taken it out of my CD player since (now it's the 27th January 2012) and I play it about three times every day. I think it is the most anointed album that I've heard. This is the first Casting Crowns CD I have owned and will now be buying some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
I have enjoy Casting Crowns albums before and this one is excellent. My 14 year old son and I have listened to it again and again. The quality of the music and the message it sends is encouraging and uplifting. Music production is great and a really full sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars The whole world should hear this, 25 Nov 2010
S. Meadows (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
After the slight disappointment of The Altar And The Door, this was a welcome return to form from probably the most lyrically astute christian band in the market. There is change in emphasis in this album, which has given it far more a worship feel than any of their previous work. There is, however, a slight jarring with the changes pace in the album which is slightly distracting. Despite that, still a highly recommended work. The references for all their lyrics are a great addition to the album art too and well worth following up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Christian Album, 20 Oct 2010
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
Confession number 1: I am a christian. Confession number 2: I've bought all the casting crowns albums because I am a Christian. Confession 3: I don't listen to secular music because of my uneasiness about the lyrics which I'm not going to go into now. All that said the Casting Crowns is the only Christian group I listen to and this like all there other albums is really excellent and uses lyrics directly based on the Bible.

Until the Whole World Hears
Until the Whole World Hears by Casting Crowns (Audio CD - 2009)