5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Christian Album
Published on 20 Oct. 2010 by Mr. S. D. Saunders

3.0 out of 5 stars A Real Let Down for This Fan
Like so many others, I discovered Casting Crowns with their debut CD. Their mix of worship, challenge, and encouragement have made all three of their previous releases some of my favorites in recent years.

Published on 20 Nov. 2009 by Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Christian Album, 20 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
Confession number 1: I am a christian. Confession number 2: I've bought all the casting crowns albums because I am a Christian. Confession 3: I don't listen to secular music because of my uneasiness about the lyrics which I'm not going to go into now. All that said the Casting Crowns is the only Christian group I listen to and this like all there other albums is really excellent and uses lyrics directly based on the Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CD, 27 Jan. 2012
Mr. R. D. Wardrop (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
I have lots of worship CDs. I bought this one at the end of September 2011 and I have not taken it out of my CD player since (now it's the 27th January 2012) and I play it about three times every day. I think it is the most anointed album that I've heard. This is the first Casting Crowns CD I have owned and will now be buying some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album, 15 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
I have enjoy Casting Crowns albums before and this one is excellent. My 14 year old son and I have listened to it again and again. The quality of the music and the message it sends is encouraging and uplifting. Music production is great and a really full sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casting Crowns do it again., 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
After first listen was hooked. Casting Crowns have the ability to really be in tune with God's heart. Heartfelt truthful lyrics and great tunes. If you've never listened to them, buy "The Altar and the Door" too and you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 27 Nov. 2009
J. D. MCNAUGHTON (Central Region, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
I really enjoy this album. While I agree that its not their best album yet, I have to say it's solid. It does have more worship songs, but they are really good. Blessed Redeemer is a beautiful song about Christ' sacrifice for us. If We've Ever Needed You is a great song- possibly one of my favourites.

I can see what people are saying,that if you were expecting songs that challengeyou then you might be disappointed. However, just because its something which is a bit different- don't write it off. I've listened to it loads and love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Real Let Down for This Fan, 20 Nov. 2009
Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)

Their latest disc focuses almost exclusively on worship music. Frankly, I've always felt that was their weakest element. This disc doesn't do much to change my mind.

It's not that the lyrics and the ideas are bad. They just aren't nearly as solid as they are when they are calling out the church or encouraging us. There is no "What If His People Prayed" or even "East to West" here.

Not that the songs here are bad. "Until the Whole World Hears" is a call to keep preaching the gospel. "To Know You" reminds us of all we can have in Christ. "Holy One" is a fast praise song based partially around Psalm 63. And as a bonus 12th track, we get "Shadow of Your Wings," which is an early incarnation of that song. Frankly, I like both versions. And they have a new arrangement of the classic "Joyful, Joyful" that I really enjoy.

But my favorite song on the disc is "Jesus, Hold Me Now." What's interesting is the verses are from their song "The Prodigal" from their second disc. They've given it an all new chorus and melody. If you didn't know, you'd say they wrote this song from scratch.

The other problem this disc has is the music. Too many of the songs use the same tempo and instruments. It lets them blend together instead of standing out so I can really connect with them.

After listening to it constantly for two days, I can say I like it. I just don't love it like I have their previous releases. Hopefully, this is an anomaly and not a sign of things to come from this great group.

4.0 out of 5 stars The whole world should hear this, 25 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
After the slight disappointment of The Altar And The Door, this was a welcome return to form from probably the most lyrically astute christian band in the market. There is change in emphasis in this album, which has given it far more a worship feel than any of their previous work. There is, however, a slight jarring with the changes pace in the album which is slightly distracting. Despite that, still a highly recommended work. The references for all their lyrics are a great addition to the album art too and well worth following up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Godly, 28 Jan. 2010
Navado (London England)

I have been listening to casting crowns since I went to the states a couple of years ago.when I purchased this cd it was just heavenly I could not stop playing it. I listen to it on the bus, I even walk to work because I did not want to get there too soon and then have to turn my ipod off, the songs one after the other are just so beautiful to listen to.
Always enough and at your feet are just so beautiful, it is like they are speaking to me and my walk with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 9 Feb. 2010
Seems a number of the songs on the new casting crowns album have more pop than the previous album. I love it. Most importantly each song helps me reflect on my life and where i am in my walk with Jesus Christ. cheers casting crowns. fabulous work!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Casting Crowns Just Got Lazy..., 25 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Until the Whole World Hears (Audio CD)
I can't believe I'm writing this review...but I feel so strongly about this album that I had too! I'm a big fan of Casting Crowns and there's been very little to find fault with in all their previous work. But 'Until The Whole World Hears' is a serious let down.

There's a couple of songs on the album that I like. If We've Ever Needed You is by far the best song on the album. To Know You is also getting there but the rest of the songs are poor to say the least.

Lots of generic, cliched lyrics and some very mediocre tunes are all this album has to offer. The biggest disappointments were the inclusion of two unoriginal songs (both of which are badly arranged) and a rehash of some old lyrics (an indication of a creative dry spell?). Casting Crowns seem to have lost their way with this one - the sensitivity of their previous songs is missing here ('Holy One' and 'Shadow of Your Wings' show experimentation with a new sound which just doesn't fit what Casting Crowns are about.)

Until The Whole World Hears lacks the spiritual depth and musical quality that we've come to expect from this great band. Definitely not worth the money so do yourself a favour - don't buy the album and just download 'If We've Ever Needed You'. That's the only song I'll be listening to again.

COULD DO BETTER!!

Until the Whole World Hears
Until the Whole World Hears by Casting Crowns (Audio CD - 2009)