on 9 April 2010
My daughter has had plenty of enjoyment out of this toy and her Dad seems to like it too. There are plenty of bricks to make many different creations. She is 23 months old and learning her colours, so this has come in useful. The leaflet inside has a few ideas of things to make, if like me you have no imagination. I tried a cheaper brand and my daughter get frustrated, as the bricks didn't stick together well. Lego Duplo is a bit expensive, but then you get what you pay for, and this is a quality item that will last.
on 9 April 2010
I always loved Lego as a child, and the children I look after can't get enough of these duplo bricks.

My big concern before purchasing this was whether or not there are enough blocks to make it worthwhile as it is my first duplo purchase and I didn't want to spend a fortune. I bought it in conjunction with the 5506 box and if anyone else has the same concern please let me assure you that this box has plenty in it and is a great start for a small duplo collection.
on 14 November 2010
My daughter got this for her second birthday and plays with it every day. Now at two and a half she can play independently - she makes lines, towers, steps, walls, she is naming the colours and loves the car. There is also plenty of room in the box for adding more sets. I actually have to take it out her room at bed time or she gets up and plays with it! I would recommend buying the big board as an extra as we use it more than the little one that is included. Not cheap but all my old (small) lego is in the garage waiting for her to use. It lasts and lasts doesn't it!
on 10 June 2013
My 2.5 year old loves this. Lots of pieces but I marked it down one because, for the price, I would have liked a bigger baseplate. Otherwise, it's great!
on 31 October 2010
Great product - in the initial stages colourful blocks for your toddler to play with - learns to put the blocks in the box and take them out. Slowly, the toddler learns how to put the blocks together and it is interesting to watch the different combinations of blocks they come up with. Durable and no worries about pieces being too small to be swallowed.
on 18 February 2012
I bought this for my 1 year old grandson and he loves it even at this age and it will last for several more years and can be added to.
on 2 January 2013
My 2 yr old daughter was still using a box of mega blocks but these were pretty boring and didn't fit well together. So, for Xmas I thought she would be ready to upgrade to the more expensive, but better made Duplo. She loves it. She hasn't played with a toy for as long or as creatively as she has with the Duplo. We can spend ages building and then playing with this set. It's very colourful and extremely sturdy and well made. The best thing is that we can just add more to it from time to time to keep her engaged. It definitely has improved her fine motor skills and has boosted her imagination no end. It's also great fun for parents to play with ;)

Can't rate Duplo highly enough.
on 25 October 2012
My 1 year old daughter loves playing with these. She's too young to play with the properly as she can't manage to stick the bricks together but she loves sorting through the box and banging the bricks together. I think this will be a toy she uses for many years to come. Well worth the money.
on 10 September 2013
Even though this product is good quality, which we can expect from Lego, it seems extremely overpriced. I expected a lot more pieces in the box for a price tag like that, so in that sense I was rather disappointed.
on 7 January 2013
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my two (and a half) year old daughter. Lego is always an excellent gift as it provides hours of fun while kids improve their motor skills as well as their imagination. Also it's a very durable game so it is worth the money.

This item is a great option as it has a lot of pieces in it. The box is also very useful for storing Lego from other cardboard boxes, making clean up quick and easy.

The only thing I think is missing is some more (and perhaps bigger) base plates (the box only includes one) so I intend to buy some separately.

I am overall very happy with this purchase!