5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy
Published on 9 May 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars hmmm
when i recieved it the strings were in the wrong place so then an extreme begginer on this instrument had to re-string (myself) which was quite a lengthly process, all in all quite dissapointing
Published 12 months ago by george

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 9 May 2010
What a beautiful ukulele! Because of the price I wasn't expecting very high quality from this purchase but I have to say I'm really impressed. It has a lovely finish, no rough edges or anything and feels sturdy. The strings are settling in relatively quickly, it is a bit frustrating having to retune every few minutes but the same is true for any new stringed instrument and is not a big deal. Having to retune is good practise anyway.

The gig bag is not fantastic, it's really more of a sleeve designed to keep the rain off and general carrying around. If you were going to be travelling I would definitely recommend investing in a hard case. Otherwise though everything about this product is good, excellent quality and I'd recommend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good..., 22 Mar 2010
Very good product and certainly worth its value! I bought it as my first ukulele and it's very easy to play it - especially if you play a little bit guitar as well! Has a very solid wooden finish so it looks good too!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm so happy right now., 9 July 2010
Me and my friend recently finished college and figured the best way to spend the summer would be to learn to play the ukulele. Really. Anyway, after spending ages looking at all the different colours and makes on here, I decided to just go for this one - since it had tuning pipes and a plectrum all included, I figured I'd have everything I'd need, and the price was really good for a beginner uke. Considering the price, I wasn't expecting something amazing, but I've seriously fallen in love with it. I've played other musical instruments (cello... bit different) so was already expecting it to fall out of tune quite easily considering it's new, so that wasn't really a problem - the strings just gradually fall a bit flat, and it's not hard to keep hoiking them up every now and again.

Once it's tuned up, which I used an electronic tuner for (you might want to find a video for it online, I accidentally tuned mine an octave too low before I did) it sounds brilliant, and there are a few chords in the instructions for looking after it that come in the pack so you can get started right away. It's really easy to pick up once you get going.

It looks great, too, and the carrier it comes with is pretty spiffy, if quite simple. Definitely recommended for a beginner ukulele player, or anyone else really. Love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars good sound but wrong colour (package labelled 'Natural' but pink ukulele inside), 28 Nov 2010
M. Ferrandon (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
It's a good little instrument. Pity about the bright pink colour of the instrument itself and its cover (unfortunately: I can't even hide it in its bag): I had a bit of a shock when I opened the package (which did say 'Natural' as I had ordered). As the ukulele was in perfect condition I have decided to keep it. However just as well I intend to practice on my own: my friends would have a bit of a laugh if I showed myself around with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
I've had mine for the best part of a year and this was the first of half a dozen and counting.

Now the strings have settled down it stays in tune at least as well as all my others.

When its delivered, as with all my other ukes, its not pre-tuned and needs a considerable amount of tightening. I used a free online tuning app to help me make sure I was in the right octave and from then on a clip on tuner.

Again as with all my ukes, initially it needs very regular tuning until the strings settle down.

Its not without its downsides. It can be quite tricky to get some of the chords and it definitely helped me to also have a more expensive uke to practise on, and I also find the concert size preferable, but then you would be paying quite a bit more so like most things, the best choice for you will depend on your budget.

I'm still very happy with this uke even though its the least expensive of my collection. I still use the strings it came with but really should fit it with Aquilla strings which I think will make it even better.

By the way, mine is a very nice looking all wood uke.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful - a fair introduction, 29 April 2010
For less than 20 it's possible to try an instrument before commiting to a more expensive (and better quality) piece of kit. For simplicity and fun, this is perfect. Takes a while to get in tune as do all newly strung instruments. Give them plenty of time to stretch and they'll eventually settle into place.
I'm learning banjo just now and don't have a clue about guitar. Managed to knock out a few tunes within an hour of picking this up though.
Just don't expect to be 'cleaning windows' without someone slapping you!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and fun for kids, 2 Feb 2011
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
Having read someone received a plastic one, I ordered from Amazon and not a marketplace merchant. The product I got was as described and was made of wood. It appears to be good value for the money and my daughter is having lots of fun with it, using youtube for tuning and tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars great uke, 6 Mar 2011
As a guitar player wanting to learn something new this is a great little uke. Comes with a chord book and tuner to get you started. After a couple of days I was annoying my wife and son with my rendition of 'When I'm cleaning windows'!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rather nice., 10 Jan 2012
I have three other ukes at the moment, one stupidly loud folky one, a quite expensive kala, and a big baritone. Why then you cry, do you want this shoddy beginners item? Well, it's rather hard to explain. My ukuleles are all lovely, very different etc, But I wanted something really small, and well purposely a bit tinny. Naturally this cheap little uke delivers both, but I am ordering some nice bright Aquila strings and the finish on the body is really quite remarkable for this price! It's very retro, just what I LOVE, it is however a shame the picture hasn't been updated, I really wanted friction tuners (the ones that stick out the back)because they look great, not because they tune better. Infact they are hideous to tune, so I suppose the geared tuners on this are my common sense coming through.
I suppose you could criticise the that the headstock has a lack of finisher on the edges, and that the factory strings are made of used clothing, and that the fret boards edges are just a little bit messy. However, it doesn't matter! I am looking to use this uke for all sorts of things, even with it's 'clothes' strings it still sounds sweet and a bit alternativefolkesque (think Noah and the Whale). So if you want a pretty cool, retro looking noah and the whale ukulele, look no further.
That is all (I have infact heard that Noah and the Whale actually use a Vintage soprano, so they can't be horrendous)
BUT please, buy some strings STRAIGHT AWAY. (:

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Fun, 15 Feb 2011
Mr. M. Harrison "Fatty H" (Oxon...UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to have a bit of fun on having played a bass guitar in the past. I must say for such a cheap price it is an amazing little instrument.

I would advise you change the strings asap, but for the price you wont get good strings anyway.

Dont be easily put off over the first few days as the strings do stretch quite a lot and you are constantly retuning it. Once they have settled down you are off.

Youtube do some great little videos that show you the basic chords so I would think twice about buying a teach yourself book.

ARRAY(0xa0a8aae0)