4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and fun for kids
Having read someone received a plastic one, I ordered from Amazon and not a marketplace merchant. The product I got was as described and was made of wood. It appears to be good value for the money and my daughter is having lots of fun with it, using youtube for tuning and tips.
Published on 2 Feb 2011 by Tiddy Picker

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for a start - but be prepared to upgrade quickly
Published 7 months ago by Rob Hardy

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value and fun for kids, 2 Feb 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It, 2 Nov 2013
Otis Mojo (Midlands, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
If you're looking for a VERY inexpensive Ukulele, but like me, you're thinking 'That can't be any good because it's so cheap' - think again.

This is one SERIOUSLY good Uke.

I'm addicted to it. Lovely, mellow Soprano tone. The strings are more than adequate and I'm sure that upgrading them would make the world of difference.

But it plays beautifully just as it is.

What it isn't? -

If you're looking for the beautiful mahogany/real wood veneer/walnut grain etc - buy another. This ISN'T the last word in wooden craftsmanship.

Apart from the strings taking about a week to settle down, I've had nothing but enjoyment from this instrument.

I would recommend it to anyone starting out - and an excellent instrument to take to the pub because you aren't frightened to death that it's going to get knocked or bashed.

Buy this with confidence and the price I got it for is about a round of drinks up the pub!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for a start - but be prepared to upgrade quickly, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
As a newcomer to the uke (but already a guitarist) I didn't want to spend a huge amount on an instrument that I might not like, so I invested 20 almost on a whim with practically no research. The Vintage uke is ok as a starting point as it does what it says on the tin - it provides an acceptable ukulele performance. Admittedly it feels quite cheap - but then again it is quite cheap.

I changed the strings for Aquila ones, but that didn't really didn't make a huge difference to the quality of the sound. It has a couple of problems affecting playability: the action at the nut is quite high (the distance of the strings from the fretboard) and more significantly there are some intonation problems (most noticeably the A note on the correctly tuned G string (second fret) is clearly sharp in comparison with the A string).

That said, I've had hours of fun with the little thing since it arrived and I've been properly bitten by the ukulele bug. Unfortunately the Vintage uke isn't likely to be a long-term house guest as I'm already researching my next uke, but in the meantime I'm strumming madly away and having a great time.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's so dinky, 23 Oct 2011
Discerning - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
I ordered one of these from Amazon. It looks fine and produces a pleasant sound. The strings will stretch and it will need retuning until they settle down. I think that for the price it was a good buy. I bought this book to go with it: The Ukulele Playlist: The Blue Book.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars., 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
Very pleased with this product, comes in a cute box to store it in and another box with plenty of soft materials to make sure it doesn't get damaged. Also comes with a plectrum. Came faster than expected. Overall, happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
I've had mine for the best part of a year and this was the first of half a dozen and counting.

Now the strings have settled down it stays in tune at least as well as all my others.

When its delivered, as with all my other ukes, its not pre-tuned and needs a considerable amount of tightening. I used a free online tuning app to help me make sure I was in the right octave and from then on a clip on tuner.

Again as with all my ukes, initially it needs very regular tuning until the strings settle down.

Its not without its downsides. It can be quite tricky to get some of the chords and it definitely helped me to also have a more expensive uke to practise on, and I also find the concert size preferable, but then you would be paying quite a bit more so like most things, the best choice for you will depend on your budget.

I'm still very happy with this uke even though its the least expensive of my collection. I still use the strings it came with but really should fit it with Aquilla strings which I think will make it even better.

By the way, mine is a very nice looking all wood uke.

5.0 out of 5 stars For up and coming performers, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
I bought this use for my grandson who over the moon with it. Very good quality and good looks, he wouldn't put it down for a week. It's probably under his bed now. Still wasn't expensive and I was the best granddad in the world for a week

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 26 May 2014
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
This was my first uke and after putting a set of aquilla strings on it its absolutely ace never goes out of tune. After owning it for a year and buying a very expensive tenor uke this is still the one I prefer to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent starter instrument, great value for money, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
Bought this for my brother's birthday and he was so impressed with it. For the price you're paying, you know you're not going to get a top of the range instrument, however I was pleasantly surprised at the nice finish on this ukulele. Fantastic gift for someone who is keen to start learning. If he decides it's worth pursuing, he can upgrade himself, but definitely fantastic value for a starter ukulele.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Vintage Ukulele - Natural (Electronics)
Such a cutie little Ukulele. Lovely colour and sound. Does get out of tune quite easily but other than that it's fab.

Vintage Ukulele - Natural