5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive page turning horror!
I absolutely loved Nate Kenyon's book Sparrow Rock and decided that I wanted to read more by him so I tried The Bone Factory and I wasn't disappointed!

The Bone Factory is a fantastically addictive story of spine chilling horror and suspense.
Published on 26 Aug 2010 by Martin Belcher

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing
Could have been a really good story but too much narrative about nowt. I just kept flipping pages to get to the good bits.
Published 7 months ago by linda

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 8 Feb 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Bone Factory (Leisure Fiction) (Kindle Edition)
I found this easy to read but not very gripping, it didnt keep my attention and took me a long time to read

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment......., 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Bone Factory (Leisure Fiction) (Kindle Edition)
This was one of my first purchases for my new Kindle Fire, and I have to say it is a waste of the impressive technology that I read it on. It's a clunky book featuring cardboard characters that I never warmed to and therefore I didn't care about what happened to them, and the author's habit of ending chapters with statements like "It was a decision that would change their lives forever" is amateurish and annoying.

Far too many loose ends are never addressed. For example, what exactly is the mysterious contaminant, and how did it get there? How come only one man seemed to know about it, and why, when it wasn't necessary, did he then send a person with fairly obvious mental health issues there to spend a severe winter alone? And who cares anyway?

I was surprised to find that this was not the author's first book, so poor was the quality of it, and the comparison to an early Stephen King book mentioned in reviews is as wide of the mark as it is laughable - King's writing and characterisation is streets ahead of this guy's.

I won't be wasting my time on any more of his output, thank you!

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonky table...., 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Bone Factory (Leisure Fiction) (Kindle Edition)
An easy to read style of writing but this did not compensate for the lack of action in the plot. Two thirds of the way in the plot started to up tempo and I was left wondering how it was all going to fit into the last third. Now I know. Rush the end to it's conclusion and leave a few obvious plot questions unanswered. If I'd bought this as a book, it might have come in useful for propping up the leg of a wonky table.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive page turning horror!, 26 Aug 2010
Martin Belcher (Hampshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

The story is based near the small town of Jackson on the snowy Canadian Quebec borders with Maine USA; we follow Americans, David and Helen Pierce and their daughter Jessica who move into a house in a deserted rural area outside Jackson very near to a new Hydro electric power facility being developed where David has just been given the job of getting the project and facility back on track.

There have already been a handful of mysterious gruesome deaths and mutilations in the area and a young girl has been abducted and is still missing. David discovers slowly the truth of what is happening in the area and his daughter, Jessica has been having terrifying visions of an evil blue man who even now is watching and waiting for his chance to kill again......

This book is truly chilling and I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to try more of Nate Kenyon's books, I love this author, at last I have found someone who is as good or even better than Richard Laymon! You must try this book - buy it now!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bone factory, 2 May 2014
This review is from: The Bone Factory (Leisure Fiction) (Kindle Edition)
Not bad but not that impressed. Long-winded at times and characters not given enough detail or background. Not in a hurry to try this author again

2.0 out of 5 stars the bone factory, 26 May 2014
This review is from: The Bone Factory (Leisure Fiction) (Kindle Edition)
Hi although I sort of enjoyed the book I felt that a lot of the plot was not explained clearly enough and where was Jessie taken too?

1.0 out of 5 stars bone factory, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Bone Factory (Leisure Fiction) (Kindle Edition)
This was very gory really scary did not enjoy far too graphic for my taste nothing else to say really

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay read, 28 April 2014
This review is from: The Bone Factory (Leisure Fiction) (Kindle Edition)
I stayed with it to the end because I wanted to see how it ended but I felt the author was trying a bit too hard to make it scary. You need to have a scary incident on every page to keep peoples interest.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time reading this - find something different, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Bone Factory (Leisure Fiction) (Kindle Edition)
Quite honestly? A complete and utter time of a read. I always assume that things are going to get better (when it comes to reading books) . Often you get a 'slow starter' but just need to bare with it whilst you get to know the characters and then can more forwards. Similarly, I always think that there's going to be something exciting about to happen so it's worth keeping going. With this bool that most definitely isn't the case. A factory is spewing out some sort of toxin that's making people hallucinate and go a bit mad. End of. Nothing new or different other than those facts that the reader is party to right at the beginning. Not particularly well written either. Please, do yourself a favour and read something else instead.