5.0 out of 5 stars A product that works
This is the only product I have tried that actually works, within 24 hours our pond water was crystal clear and has remained so but I bought the large size so will use again if/when necessary. We spent a small fortune on additional filtration for our Koi pond but should have just bought Algorem to cure the algae problem.
Published 23 months ago by Felicity

2.0 out of 5 stars not for soft water
I waited 2 weeks for this to arrive and clear the green water in my pond. When it came I read the small print on the reverse of the front label, and discovered it was not suitable for use in soft water areas as would become dangerous for the fish. I would not have ordered this product if I had been told this.
Published 2 months ago by Pamela Yarnold

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A product that works, 1 Sep 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Algorem/CrystalWater, 7 Jun 2013
I'm not really sure of the difference between Tetra's Algorem and their CrystalWater. I suspect they are pretty much the same product in different concentrations and aimed at ponds and aquaria respectively. Although perhaps Algorem also contains agents that continue to suppress algae. Specific information is surprisingly hard to come by. I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows.

I'd tried everything to clear suspended algae from my 1,000ltr formal pond. I mean everything, from barley balls to dye and all points in between. Kept trying, but was pretty much resigned to more water changes than are practical or healthy for the inhabitants. Then I tried these products. I swear that 12 hours later the stuff had even cleared a lot of the algae from the gravel and walls. If I'd found this stuff five years ago I wouldn't be planning a full drain down, strip and repaint to restore the walls to their former white concrete glory.

A tip though. Be totally clear about the way the product is supposed to work. This stuff doesn't do the job itself, it enables your filter to do the job. Think of it as the brush to your filter's dustpan. So thoroughly clean the filter before and after application. Goes without saying that filter media should be rinsed in a bucket of already extant pond water (which should then be discarded, possibly over your plants, which generally love fish filth), otherwise you risk waving goodbye to generations of helpful bacteria.

Using this (or CrystalWalter) in a sulky pond is actually also a very good way of testing how efficient your filtration circulation is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean water, 6 July 2013
This is a top product and worked almost immediately. Will use this again if and when needed.Even the fish liked it ...
AAA

5.0 out of 5 stars Pond Treatments, 31 Aug 2010
Mrs. P. Ellis "terrier" (yorkshire england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra Algorem Green Water Treatment 250 ml (Misc.)
I have used this product before and it as always made my garden pond sparkling clear

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet water, 11 July 2013
Mr. Ronald Jones (Southeast England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra Algorem Green Water Treatment 250 ml (Misc.)
Does exactly what it is supposed to do, gets rid of algae and the green gives way to clear water in the pond

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value, 20 July 2013
I would really pleased with the price of this product - I have used it before and it really helps the green pond water but this is the cheapest price for 500ml

2.0 out of 5 stars not for soft water, 23 May 2014
Pamela Yarnold (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars works, 10 Jun 2013
have used this before to great effect, getting the dosing right is a bit hit and miss and if you don't have a powerful pump it makes the algi float to the surface where you can skim it off. much happier being able to see my fish now.

4.0 out of 5 stars yes it worked...for a bit., 14 Jan 2014
Miss Helen Cheetham (Ellesmere Port, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tetra Algorem Green Water Treatment 250 ml (Misc.)
I was impressed to see the green pond almost immediately gone after using this, but as ever those little green spores reproduce and return, so yes it works but you'll have to keep using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Blade "Alan" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
Very good took 4 or 5 daily treatments to work but made my pond crystal clear. Easy to use

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›