on 24 September 2015
Did indeed 'blackout' the bedroom, but was a bit fidly to keep an eye on the double-sided sticky tape which would need replaced every so often. Decided to add Velcro to window frame and blinds - works perfectly, VERY easy to put up (30 seconds?) and take down and, of course, can be used and re-used indefinitely.
on 24 May 2016
I bought this product to use temporarily for my sons bedroom window to block the early morning sunlight and I am extremely happy with it. I measured the window and cut the sheet to the required size, then I stuck the tape on the window as it is much easier to stick the sheet on top of the tape rather than sticking the tape on the sheet itself which would obviously be a bit tricky and possibly cause creases. I had plenty left over so I have covered a few windows on the roof of my conservatory to block the mid day sun and it has made a big difference and has cooled the conservatory too. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a solution to bright light.
review image
on 28 April 2010
Always concerned when going away about the darkness of the room my little boy will sleep in. Have been known to tape bin bags and towels onto windows!! But no more this came with 2 massive sheets of blackout plastic which were more than ample. Double sided tape was easy to put on and is really strong so should last for ages!! Really pleased with the product and couln't recommend it highly enough!
on 16 June 2012
We bought this for use on holiday. We needed to cover a large window to ensure our 10 month old slept well while we were away. My husband put the blind up the first day we arrived and took it down the day we left. Not once in our 7 day holiday did it fall down or come even partly unstuck and it did completely black the room out.

We were so pleased with it that we've now come back and used it on our babies bedroom windows...again, they've been stuck for several weeks without coming off...I'm going to have to take them off to clean the windows!

I'm not sure if the surface you stick this to makes the difference but stuck to PVC window frame or the glass itself, it stays stuck!

Overall a very effective product and easy to use.
on 20 July 2015
Very effective. Value for money.
I bought this as I was convinced that the breaking daylight was waking up our 14 week old puppy very early. I was right and since starting to use this blind he sleeps through until the alarm goes off.
Very easy to cut to size. Very easy to install. Quick to remove.
on 19 May 2010
This has revolutionised our lives! No exaggeration! The mornings are now light so early that our 10 month old has been waking at 5am. Since putting this up we have been waking him after 7am when we get up. Point made, I think!
on 24 December 2015
Purpose: Bought this blackout sheet for use on "Borrowed Light" windows above bedroom doors in our house. When one bedroom had the light on at night, it shone through the glass above the door into neighbouring bedrooms, which was not pleasant for others trying to sleep.

Package: The 1metre x 3metre sheet came folded, along with a 50 metre roll of double sided sticky tape and instructions. The sheet is made from thin plastic.

Usage: Cutting the sheet is easy with scissors. Then, stick the tape to the sheet, peel the back off the tape, and stick to the window. It is recommended you stick it to glass or uPVC frames - not painted frames. It is also recommended to give 2cm extra to each side (I didn't do this). It is difficult to get the sheet perfectly flat on the window, but that's just due to the properties of thin plastic sheets. Take your time and don't get frustrated. Do the best you can, and don't expect it to be perfectly flat without wrinkles or creases.

Overall, this did the job for me. It blocked out the light from neighbouring bedrooms and allowed me to get sleep even if other people have lights on.
review image review image review image review image
on 8 May 2014
Whilst this is cheap it does the job perfectly, it does look a bit tacky but I wasn't bothered about this as I'm renting for only a couple more months. Needed this for baby bedroom, really blacks sunlight out which is good for baby
on 21 March 2016
lm south facing and it hard to get a good night sleep with lamp light on the street blasting in the window but got this and have the best sleep now it dark
on 9 May 2016
UPDATE: I've now noticed the sheets from the first pack exhibit the same problem but I hadn't noticed it before due to ambient lighting in that room. Really disappointed that the sheets are not fully opaque as they are advertised as being able to blackout the light which isn't the case. Can't really give these more than one star considering they're not fit for purpose and not as advertised.

I bought three packs of these. In the summer I get the sun in my apartment from 4am and have struggled to effectively black it out. I used the first pack in one room and was able to completely black out the room. It can be a bit fiddly to get the sheets attached with no slight bubbles or ripples in the tape but after some trial, error and re-adjustment it's possible. I should point out that I decided to attach the permanent side of the tape to the window frame first and then fitted the sheets to the other side so as to be able to create a perfect "seal" as I don't intend to be removing the sheets at all.

However I used the other two packs in another room and despite again creating a solid seal with no light-leakage around the edges, but this time the plastic sheets were not completely opaque and instead were streaky. They still block out a lot of light but there is enough of a glow from them that the room isn't blacked out which is disappointing as I'm quite sensitive to even small amounts of light when trying to sleep. See the attached photo to see how the problem manifests itself (it was cloudy when the photo was taken, not even direct sunlight which I'm assuming will be worse). I'm not sure if this is a manufacturing inconsistency but the fact that two out of three packs suffer from the same issue is a little worrying so that's definitely an occurrence you should be prepared for if purchasing this item.
review image